Shoutbox

some one is using my password to log in - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: some one is using my password to log in (/showthread.php?tid=40577)

some one is using my password to log in by edwintan on 03-19-2005 at 12:09 PM

hi people,

i have a problem, i'm suspecting that 1 of my close fren is loggin on to my msn account and deleting my contacts.

i have added some of my frens back recently and they got deleted again

thats when i decided to change my password
and apparently my accont got suspended because of too many unsuccessful logins.

what i want to do is to find out the ip address of the login atttempts and actual logins as well is that possible?

pls help me with this thanks heaps

RE: some one is using my password to log in by mwe99 on 03-19-2005 at 01:31 PM

okay a) make sure your secret password is changed regularly.
         b) when my friend did this i sent an email to msn confirming all my details and stuff then they set me a new password up so try that :)

RE: some one is using my password to log in by Y2Pdogg on 03-19-2005 at 05:53 PM

Yeah, Change your Password at least monthly. Even if it's just two or three extra letters or digits...those extra letters or digits can save your messenging experience, your MSN account. and your privacy.:angel:

RE: some one is using my password to log in by albert on 03-19-2005 at 06:12 PM

ok i think what he means, is how to make sure his account doesn't get suspended again, cuz if the person ( mr. X ) decides to try to log in again, if he misses a few time, the account will become once again in suspension.. he wants to know how to save himself from that..?

My suggestion is for u to change account.. put a new pass.. dont let anyone know it.. add all ur contacts, then save ur list and open it on ur new account..

might not be the best thing.. but it's my opinion..

hope I helped ;-)

RE: some one is using my password to log in by lopardo on 03-19-2005 at 06:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by edwintan
what i want to do is to find out the ip address of the login atttempts and actual logins as well is that possible?

I don't think so, but you could try contacting the Hotmail stuff...