Shoutbox

Do you watch anime? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Do you watch anime? (/showthread.php?tid=40607)

Do you watch anime? by .Roy on 03-19-2005 at 04:31 PM

Do you watch anime?
Which ones?
whats ur favorite one?
whats so good about it?

I watch anime. I watch prince of tennis, Naruto, Mahou Sensei Negima, Bleach. I have also watched many others but i finished them. My favorite one is naruto i guess. Its really good and full of action.

Now its your turn.
You can post comments if u wish :)

RE: Do you watch anime? by Vilkku on 03-19-2005 at 04:34 PM

I watch some. I have watched all episodes of Hellsing and Last Exile and some ohters, really great stuff. Th egood thing about anime is that it has the violence and stuff but it's drawn so it becomes a nice mix... Hard to explain, hope you get my point.

RE: Do you watch anime? by L. Coyote on 03-19-2005 at 04:35 PM

Do you watch anime? Yes.
Which ones? Slayers, DB/Z/GT, Ghost Sweeper Mikami, Elfen Lied *-) Random ones, I don't have a favorite genre.
whats ur favorite one? Slayers (look at my avatar)
whats so good about it? Has magic and comedy. :tongue:

RE: Do you watch anime? by Naruto on 03-19-2005 at 04:54 PM

Do you watch anime? yes
Which ones? Naruto (best anime ever), full metal alchimist (although i finished watching it its even better then naruto), love hina, pokemon (rules!!! :lol:), yu-gi-oh, Inuyasha an d many more
whats ur favorite one? Naruto 
whats so good about it? sakura-san :lol: :lol: :lol: the story is good I love the fights and there are parts which are realy funny 

RE: Do you watch anime? by Purity on 03-19-2005 at 05:23 PM

No
none
none
nothing

:cheesy: I hate anime!:cheesy:

RE: Do you watch anime? by Chrono on 03-19-2005 at 05:29 PM

i do watch anime, although im not currently watching one :P
My favourite one is Full Metal  Alchemist :cheesy:. it was simply great.

RE: Do you watch anime? by Rik on 03-19-2005 at 05:44 PM

I used to see it in a channel that is only anime!!!(Locomotion)...but they don't transmit to Portugal any more:(........
My favorit was Silent Möbios and Night Walker.

RE: Do you watch anime? by lopardo on 03-19-2005 at 05:55 PM

I don't really like anime, but I used to watch some when I was younger. :) Too bad I only know their names in Spanish (Los caballeros del zodíaco, Supercampeones :P).

RE: Do you watch anime? by .Roy on 03-19-2005 at 06:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
i do watch anime, although im not currently watching one :P
My favourite one is Full Metal  Alchemist :cheesy:. it was simply great.

well i finished the Full Metal Alchemist series a long time ago. But why in your avatar it says full metal CHRONO?
RE: Do you watch anime? by King For A Day on 03-19-2005 at 06:37 PM

argh anime is so smelly!

i just dont get the apeal, sorry guys but its so very strange, maybe its just me :S

RE: Do you watch anime? by Naruto on 03-19-2005 at 10:20 PM

the thing I love about animes is that they are so interesting that I just can't wait until the next episode will come out the bad thing is that it makes people getting addicted, like me

RE: Do you watch anime? by Rik on 03-19-2005 at 11:02 PM

quote:
I just can't wait until the next episode
That remembers me DragonBall Z. Always end in the best part!
RE: Do you watch anime? by J.J on 03-20-2005 at 01:43 AM

Do you watch anime? Yes.
Which ones? Slayers, DB/Z/GT. Yu-gi-oh, and usta watch Pokemon
whats ur favorite one? all of the 3 mentioned above :P
whats so good about it? I don't know, just find them interesting :)

RE: RE: Do you watch anime? by mwe99 on 03-20-2005 at 01:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
Pokemon

Yar i used to watch a lot of Pokémon and now sometimes on Saturday mornings :$, don't really have a favourite now and i have no idea what was so good about it :P it was just popular so i joined in
RE: Do you watch anime? by Chrono on 03-20-2005 at 02:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
well i finished the Full Metal Alchemist series a long time ago. But why in your avatar it says full metal CHRONO?

because my nick is Chrono? :P

Im full metal-ed :P

RE: Do you watch anime? by Omar on 03-20-2005 at 02:12 AM

Anime sucks....

Disney > *

RE: Do you watch anime? by J.J on 03-20-2005 at 02:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by omfg...Omar
Anime sucks....

Most of it does, but a couple of cartoons are alright...:)
RE: Do you watch anime? by blackjack on 03-20-2005 at 02:59 AM

i watch dragon ball gt :) still waiting for new episodes

RE: Do you watch anime? by J.J on 03-20-2005 at 03:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blaCkjaCk
i watch dragon ball gt :) still waiting for new episodes

Dragon ball gt is finished for us, they stopped making episodes at the end of that series :(
RE: Do you watch anime? by user44571 on 03-20-2005 at 03:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension

Dragon ball gt is finished for us, they stopped making episodes at the end of that series

i was sad when that happened:(
RE: Do you watch anime? by blackjack on 03-20-2005 at 03:13 AM

its finished here too, i just heard about some new series of dragonball :S but i dont know if that is true :(

RE: Do you watch anime? by dotNorma on 03-20-2005 at 03:18 AM

Anima is alright, just depends on the show.

I used to watch Pokemon, Dragonball Z, and I think "The Yu-Yu-Haka Show" :dodgy:

RE: Do you watch anime? by mwe99 on 03-20-2005 at 03:30 AM

I didn't think it was that popular.. they still show it in the UK alot tho i think

RE: Do you watch anime? by ddunk on 03-20-2005 at 03:45 AM

I used to watch Cowboy Bebop, that show was cool

RE: Do you watch anime? by .Roy on 03-20-2005 at 08:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
just can't wait until the next episode

I understand. Because before i knew full metal alchemist.. I asked my friend "naruto" what full metal chrono. And he didnt know. He said maybe full metal alchemist :P
RE: Do you watch anime? by user44571 on 03-20-2005 at 08:10 AM

i cant remember the names but there was three shows i would watch every friday night, one of them was trigun, i cant remember the other two

RE: Do you watch anime? by J.J on 03-20-2005 at 08:14 AM

Another good anime show was Cardcaptors :cheesy: (i think thats the name)

I usta love watchin that every morning :)

Has anyone else seen that show before?

RE: Do you watch anime? by Naruto on 03-20-2005 at 08:15 AM

quote:
its finished here too, i just heard about some new series of dragonball :S but i dont know if that is true :(

no... it's a lie and it's not an oficial series....if it is they would talk about it in one of the oficial websites
RE: Do you watch anime? by .Roy on 03-20-2005 at 08:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Naruto
quote:

no... it's a lie and it's not an oficial series....if it is they would talk about it in one of the oficial websites

you never know! Maybe they dont even know about it ;)
RE: Do you watch anime? by FrozernFire on 03-20-2005 at 12:30 PM

i find that games, internet and computers are generally more interesting than anime and tv :P

RE: RE: Do you watch anime? by Supersonicdarky on 03-20-2005 at 12:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
quote:
quote:

you never know! Maybe they dont even know about it ;)

I heard before that it was going to be DragonBall AT (After Time)
RE: Do you watch anime? by Naruto on 03-20-2005 at 03:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
I used to watch Cowboy Bebop, that show was cool
I agree cowboy bebop is realy good... to bad it was so short and the ending was so sad )=

quote:
Originally posted by supersonicdarky
I heard before that it was going to be DragonBall AT (After Time)
I think it's called AF (after future) and I heared it was made by a couple of fans.... and not by Akira Turiyama himself

RE: Do you watch anime? by Newyorkboy89 on 03-20-2005 at 03:08 PM

I know this  is going to sound real dumb for drangon ball fans but what is so good about drangon ball!!??8o|

RE: Do you watch anime? by Naruto on 03-20-2005 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Newyorkboy89
I know this  is going to sound real dumb for drangon ball fans but what is so good about drangon ball!!??8o|
well... basicly the fights and the humor isn't that bad 2 but 2 be onest after a while it's just boring...I mean they talk all the time an episode is actually blah blah blah yodel yodel yodel a punch and then the episode is over but accept 4 that I think the series is OK

RE: Do you watch anime? by Newyorkboy89 on 03-20-2005 at 03:20 PM

See i used to wacth it so i'm not saying it bad but can't they spice it up a little:|

RE: Do you watch anime? by .Roy on 03-20-2005 at 05:09 PM

Naruto. You arent aloud to double post. Click the edit button below your post instead.

Anyway. Dragon ball is pretty good

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Newyorkboy89
well... basicly the fights and the humor isn't that bad 2 but 2 be onest after a while it's just boring...I mean they talk all the time an episode is actually blah blah blah yodel yodel yodel a punch and then the episode is over but accept 4 that I think the series is OK
I agree completly with what u said. Except if you have all the episodes on the computer u dont have to wait once a day for a small  fight :P Overall i would give it a 6 or 7 out of 10
RE: Do you watch anime? by user27089 on 03-20-2005 at 05:12 PM

I've never really been into the whole animé scene, its never been my style, I watched a lot of dragon ball z and pokémon at one point, but then it all just got really lame and boring, I'm not sure why, I just don't like watching it, the style of japanese drawing really annoys me sometimes, its all the same, about large swords, big hair and flames coming from peoples hands :rolleyes:.

RE: Do you watch anime? by L. Coyote on 03-20-2005 at 06:14 PM

Just to clear something lopardo said:
Caballeros del Zodíaco => Saint Seiya
Supercampeones => Captain Tsubasa

In Latin America they do these horrible translations that ruin the whole  meaning of the series.

I heard that FUNimation does something like this too, in North America (I watched a DBZ episode in the US a few years ago, they completely edited every little aspect of it :s).

I believe it's better to watch the episodes in Japanese and subbed to some language (I rather English, but Spanish is ok too :tongue:).

RE: Do you watch anime? by Naruto on 03-20-2005 at 06:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I've never really been into the whole animé scene, its never been my style, I watched a lot of dragon ball z and pokémon at one point, but then it all just got really lame and boring, I'm not sure why, I just don't like watching it, the style of japanese drawing really annoys me sometimes, its all the same, about large swords, big hair and flames coming from peoples hands :rolleyes:.
but there are animes that are based on comady like love hina and onegai teacher and horrors like hellsing anyway not every anime is about fights like DBZ

RE: Do you watch anime? by Kowell on 03-21-2005 at 04:29 PM

I watch Naruto, Bleach, Full Metal Alchimist and Rurouni Kenshin
Best One is FMA...can't get enough of it and can't wait for the movie to come out...

RE: Do you watch anime? by Naruto on 03-21-2005 at 05:23 PM

theres a Full Metal Alchimist movie??? where did u here that from?
I only heard about a Naruto movie thats gonna come out on its DVD version in about a month from now...

RE: Do you watch anime? by lopardo on 03-21-2005 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
Just to clear something lopardo said:
Caballeros del Zodíaco => Saint Seiya
Supercampeones => Captain Tsubasa

In Latin America they do these horrible translations that ruin the whole  meaning of the series.

I heard that FUNimation does something like this too, in North America (I watched a DBZ episode in the US a few years ago, they completely edited every little aspect of it :s).

I believe it's better to watch the episodes in Japanese and subbed to some language (I rather English, but Spanish is ok too :tongue:).
I knew you were gonna translate them, thanks :P
RE: Do you watch anime? by L. Coyote on 03-21-2005 at 06:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
I knew you were gonna translate them, thanks :P
:refuck: Next time do it right!
RE: Do you watch anime? by .Roy on 03-21-2005 at 06:12 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kowell
the whole animé scene, its never been my style, I watched a lot of dragon ball z and pokémon at one point, but then it all just got really lame and boring, I'm not sure why, I just don't like watching it, the style of japanese drawing really annoys me sometimes, its all the same, about large swords, big hair and flames coming from peoples hands .
theres a Full Metal Alchimist movie??? where did u here that from?
I only heard about a Naruto movie thats gonna come out on its DVD version in about a month from now...

you quoted the wrong person :P Plus, i am also interesting in the FMA movie :P
RE: Do you watch anime? by Naruto on 03-21-2005 at 07:31 PM

does someone know when is the movie of full metal alchimist comes out to DVD?

RE: Do you watch anime? by user27089 on 03-21-2005 at 07:33 PM

You might call me a noob here, but I'm not into all of this animé stuff, but on http://www.fullmetalalchemist.com/flash_index.html, is that kid dude off of chrono trigger or whatever, or is he just randomly in chrono's sig?