Shoutbox

Bug Report - Custom Sounds Wizard - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Bug Report - Custom Sounds Wizard (/showthread.php?tid=40612)

Bug Report - Custom Sounds Wizard by andrey on 03-19-2005 at 05:11 PM

I found this bug when I tried to upload the attached sound as custom emotion sound; It's a 2.9 seconds long wave file.

When you open the wizard and go to the page where you can truncate the sound file, it says the sound is 2 seconds long, but it's actually 2.9 seconds.
(why does it show the sound lenght as mm:ss when you can only add 10 sec sounds?). got it :p
[Image: soundbugpic1.png]

Now move the sound start mark to the right.

[Image: soundbugpic2.png]
[Image: soundbugpic3.png]

The sound length changes from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.

And if you move the sound end mark to the left, the end time stays at 2 seconds.
[Image: soundbugpic4.png]

The length shouldn't be displayed as mm:ss, ss:msms would be more accurate and would prevent those things from happening.

RE: Bug Report - Custom Sounds Wizard by lopardo on 03-19-2005 at 06:06 PM

Agree... maybe it should display time there as mm:ss:ms, just like when you double click the blue bar (BTW, that window should appear when you double click the whole bar, not only on the blue part).

RE: Bug Report - Custom Sounds Wizard by Millenium_edition on 03-19-2005 at 06:10 PM

i think converting a float to an integer removes the decimals which makes 2.9 -> 2
but there must be some code to do "if start = end" then "end = end + 1" to avoid confusion...

if that's the case, then it's not really a bug.