Shoutbox

Sound Server? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Sound Server? (/showthread.php?tid=40617)

Sound Server? by Snake on 03-19-2005 at 06:46 PM

This sound server, is it going to be like the msgplus! insta-help or w/e they called it, where you could ask questions and they would answer it in like 5 min??
So when the new vertion comes out they will just take the server out? cuz it's already down for mataince.

Is this what we should have all the time? Fetures that don't work cuz a servers down? Like the sound thing is awsome but do we realy need the sound server?

RE: Sound Server? by Sunshine on 03-19-2005 at 06:54 PM

You can't expect a new feature like this to work without flaws at the beginning. Sure us testers tested it but nobody could forsee what would happen if millions of users use it all at once. The soundserver is there for sounds only, it will work fine soon. It's not like the rest of Plus! features don't work!

Atm you can play the sounds you already have (wich means it's been improved already, you couldn't yesterday), the only thing you can't do is get random sounds...just be patient!

As for do we need the server: yes we do, without it you have to use Audiator, both you and your contact (plugin and sound). Feel free to use that if you like.

RE: Sound Server? by CookieRevised on 03-19-2005 at 07:02 PM

furthermore...

quote:
Originally posted by snake1131
This sound server, is it going to be like the msgplus! insta-help or w/e they called it, where you could ask questions and they would answer it in like 5 min??
that was never something official. And was even not supported by many people on this forum.
RE: Sound Server? by Dr4g0n on 03-19-2005 at 07:04 PM

"msgplus! insta-help" still exists...
http://www.msgplus.net/community.php <--- Live chat on there.

All of what Sunshine said is correct. :)

RE: Sound Server? by Dane on 03-19-2005 at 07:05 PM

Is he referring to the service I offered temporarily at MsgPlusZone?

RE: Sound Server? by Snake on 03-19-2005 at 07:17 PM

ya the MsgPlusZone! I have nuthing agens the server or anything for that mater it's just it's already down :S

RE: Sound Server? by albert on 03-19-2005 at 07:19 PM

I belive it's the server is a good thing, and I hope it will stay!!

yes, of course, some users prefer making their own sounds emotions, but i belive the serves helps the chatters who don't have that much experience on the net, and cannot get these files

now yes, of course the server is going to have some problems, but Msg Plus! beeing a freeware, I dont think we have any right to complain, it's an excellent option which is being used a lot, and will be the more and more used if I might say so.

in a few words : the server is rlly cool, keep it uP!

RE: Sound Server? by wj on 03-19-2005 at 07:55 PM

The server is required for the sound feature. No if's and's or but's about it.

It's just the way it works.

RE: Sound Server? by NiteMare on 03-19-2005 at 08:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snake1131
No we should just get our own.

it is are own isn't it?

RE: Sound Server? by surfichris on 03-19-2005 at 08:33 PM

The serveris hosted in the US and as Wj explained we need the sound server for this to work.

The random feature is down because people have been abusing it and the report feature.