Shoutbox

MSN Tabs in Firefox - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Tabs in Firefox (/showthread.php?tid=40655)

MSN Tabs in Firefox by Dan0208 on 03-20-2005 at 02:24 AM

Hey everyone, i know this has been asked before and yes i used the search function to come up with this thread http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=34...d=337910#pid337910
However the question was never answered.
My question is when clicking on links inside my tabs such as msgplus and neowin the pages still open up in IE even though i know firefox is my default browser. When i open html pages they are brought up in firefox. the same as when i click on other links.
I also use stuffplug to open hotmail in my default browser and that works fine.
So please if anyone has an answer to this or could point me to somewhere that does that would be great.
Thanks

RE: MSN Tabs in Firefox by HalfDead on 03-20-2005 at 07:54 AM

It seems pretty random for me what they open in. Sometimes IE others Firefox, email is always IE tho (StuffplugNG just makes it do nothing). I would also appreciate something making it always work with FireFox

HD

RE: MSN Tabs in Firefox by Ahmad on 03-20-2005 at 08:07 AM

I use Stuffplug-NG 2 and my links ALWAYS open in FireFox.

If it helps I also have this setting:

Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs

[I think the following is only available if you have SP1+ installed on your WinXP system]

Set Program Access and Defaults > Custom > Choose a default Web Browser > Use my current Web browser is selected [And of course FireFox is set as my default browser under the FireFox options]

RE: MSN Tabs in Firefox by Dan0208 on 03-20-2005 at 11:25 AM

Cant seem to find that option.
I am running Xp on SP1??
Any Ideas? Oh and Stuff Plug NG2 works fine for me in display email in default browser (firefox) it is just the tabs that open in internet explorer..

RE: MSN Tabs in Firefox by antof05 on 03-20-2005 at 11:41 AM

The links will open in IE because the tab was rendered using IE and the links have a _blank target. So it just opens a new window for that link...

Atleast this is what I think if someone has noticed something different with their tabs well then.... This is just what I've noticed

Anthony C

RE: MSN Tabs in Firefox by Dan0208 on 03-20-2005 at 11:53 AM

Shouldnt _blank targets open up in your default browser regardless? I know that happens on my site?