Shoutbox

Offline Messaging - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Offline Messaging (/showthread.php?tid=40661)

Offline Messaging by Mylo on 03-20-2005 at 04:47 AM

is there any plug ins, bit like Yahoo

how people can send u offline messages?

RE: Offline Messaging by J.J on 03-20-2005 at 05:46 AM

Unfortunately no...

However there is Stuffplug NG where you can talk to you contacts while you've blocked them

www.stuffplug.com

RE: Offline Messaging by psyko on 03-20-2005 at 12:44 PM

I was making my new Offline Messenger 2 for MSN until they decided to implement it into MSN 7...  If you guys feel strongly about wanting it back (despite it going to be incorporated into the new client), drop by http://www.offlinemessenger.com/ and leave me a comment.  If I get a significant request for it, I'll bring it back!

RE: Offline Messaging by ProblemWv Authority on 03-20-2005 at 12:52 PM

Aren't the offline messages in the new MSN Messenger client (7.0) only for mobile users?

RE: Offline Messaging by mwe99 on 03-20-2005 at 12:57 PM

I also thought that offline messaging was going to be incorporated in the new 7 version offical release?

RE: Offline Messaging by Plik on 03-20-2005 at 01:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mess.be
Your mobile contacts on the other hand, can send you messages even when you are not signed in to MSN Messenger. These are referred to as "Offline Messages". The first time you receive an offline message, you can choose how you want to view these messages in the future. However, you can change this option at any time under Tools > Options > Messages.

This is not exactly the kind of Offline Messaging we hoped for, because only mobile contacts can send offline messages. Your virtual answering machine is not accepting messages from regular MSN Messenger contacts, like in ICQ for instance. I guess MSN was obligated to add this feature because otherwise if mobile contacts would send you an IM while you were offline, the message would go lost and they'd still have to pay for it. And if you send a message to a mobile device that is offline, it'll be safely delivered the next time that device is online.

RE: Offline Messaging by J.J on 03-21-2005 at 05:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by psyko
I was making my new Offline Messenger 2 for MSN until they decided to implement it into MSN 7...  If you guys feel strongly about wanting it back (despite it going to be incorporated into the new client), drop by http://www.offlinemessenger.com/ and leave me a comment.  If I get a significant request for it, I'll bring it back!

Look at Madmans post...

Offline messaging in msn 7.0 is for mobile users

It would be great if you continued to make that, it would be very popular :)
RE: Offline Messaging by psyko on 03-23-2005 at 02:17 PM

Well 3d, you'll get your wish! :) I'm betatesting this week and next week should be a release! Stay tuned over at http://www.offlinemessenger.com for the latest news!

RE: Offline Messaging by John Anderton on 03-24-2005 at 03:02 PM

I want it too..... make a request form or something on ur site or start a petition .... ill sign it :cheesy:

RE: Offline Messaging by riahc4 on 03-24-2005 at 04:22 PM

quote:

Sorry but youll have to post some screens and a video to prove this is true (and accually good) for me to belive it....

Both people dont have to have it? How is a person gonna send a message to the "server" and then it going to be routed back to the destination. Plus, the load would be huge.

This is the future if Plus!'s custom sounds thing goes down, they can use that server to start a offline message server and Plus! users can send offlines to each other.

RE: Offline Messaging by psyko on 03-24-2005 at 05:37 PM

Hahaha, you're not funny!  I've already did this once before with version 1..  It had 11,000 users and I hosted the website, forum, and everything from my home server!  Talk about a heavy load, that is the best joke I've heard ever!
Secondly, you don't need to know how it gets sent to the user other than that my service is a bot and if the target user doesn't have OM, they are automatically sent an add request to add the bot to their contact list.

RE: Offline Messaging by noroom on 03-24-2005 at 10:07 PM

That's right... Plus, it's only text, so the load isn't going to be HUGE. And if it does get laggy, do 5 seconds really bother you that much? :D

RE: Offline Messaging by Dane on 03-24-2005 at 10:48 PM

I was working on a similar plugin for Plus! for offline messaging and then everyone decided it wouldnt be useful enough because the only way you can do this really is to program it like an email.

RE: Offline Messaging by noroom on 03-25-2005 at 03:30 AM

Well Dane, we're doing this because we found a considerable amount of Messenger users that were interested in this. Not to mention the huge acceptation the previous version got! :D

RE: Offline Messaging by albert on 03-25-2005 at 03:32 AM

Use MsgPlus! When some1's offline, send him a Come Back msg, this will do the same as Yahoo..

RE: Offline Messaging by J.J on 03-25-2005 at 03:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
Use MsgPlus! When some1's offline, send him a Come Back msg, this will do the same as Yahoo..
But both the users must be online for that message to be sent..

With Offline Messenger for MSN you will be able to make a message when your contact is offline, then when you go offline and your contact comes online it will be sent to them :)
RE: RE: Offline Messaging by noroom on 03-25-2005 at 04:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
quote:
Originally posted by lp15
But both the users must be online for that message to be sent..

With Offline Messenger for MSN you will be able to make a message when your contact is offline, then when you go offline and your contact comes online it will be sent to them :)

That's right Third Dimension! Thanks for helping us clear it up for the rest (Y)
RE: Offline Messaging by J.J on 03-26-2005 at 07:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by noroom
That's right Third Dimension! Thanks for helping us clear it up for the rest (y)

No problems :) can't wait for Offline Messenger!
RE: Offline Messaging by noroom on 04-06-2005 at 12:36 AM

By Sunday night EST, everyone will be able to beta test the highly anticipated release of Offline Messenger v2!  Everything has been rebuilt from scratch for stability and efficiency, as well as functionality.  All it takes is adding a bot to your contact list and enjoy the ability to have Offline Messaging for MSN without the need of a program!

Check www.offlinemessenger.com for updates!

RE: Offline Messaging by J.J on 04-06-2005 at 02:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by noroom
By Sunday night EST, everyone will be able to beta test the highly anticipated release of Offline Messenger v2!

Woot! :cheesy: Great news noroom

I'll finally be able to use it on my friends :)
RE: Offline Messaging by absorbation on 04-06-2005 at 11:57 AM

Offline messaging would be great but i'm fine with just sending e-mails :P

RE: Offline Messaging by jren207 on 04-10-2005 at 11:02 PM

offlinemessenger.com looks good. I set a message for my victim um... Lee Jeffery, so i'll see if he gets it :P

RE: Offline Messaging by J.J on 04-11-2005 at 03:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
offlinemessenger.com looks good. I set a message for my victim um... Lee Jeffery, so i'll see if he gets it

I doubt he will atm, the server is disconected, noroom and psyko are working to get things back up and running...

Everyone, go to http://www.offlinemessenger.com/
RE: Offline Messaging by jren207 on 04-11-2005 at 08:59 PM

:( he didn't get it...

but we tried it later and it works :P, even though we were both online at the time lol.

It works brilliantly. (y)

RE: RE: Offline Messaging by riahc4 on 04-11-2005 at 10:43 PM

quote:
Hahaha, you're not funny!  I've already did this once before with version 1..  It had 11,000 users and I hosted the website, forum, and everything from my home server!  Talk about a heavy load, that is the best joke I've heard ever!

Did not know....

quote:
Secondly, you don't need to know how it gets sent to the user other than that my service is a bot and if the target user doesn't have OM, they are automatically sent an add request to add the bot to their contact list.

Um yea I do need to know because how do I know personal information of mine isnt being sent out randomly to you? Again this looks very shady and now its even more shady (and accually worries) with that type of response. I personally wouldnt trust this...
RE: Offline Messaging by J.J on 04-12-2005 at 01:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
I personally wouldnt trust this...

There is NOTHING wrong with the bot, its impletely trustworthy

I have tested it, and it works fine!!

Its a great bot (y)
RE: Offline Messaging by Chestah on 04-12-2005 at 05:56 AM

um, can someone get me unbanned "from using this service" :P, oh come on i was doing some private beta testing to see if it could handle certain things without crashing :dodgy: and ok it works :P ;)

RE: RE: RE: Offline Messaging by psyko on 04-12-2005 at 10:57 AM

quote:

Um yea I do need to know because how do I know personal information of mine isnt being sent out randomly to you? Again this looks very shady and now its even more shady (and accually worries) with that type of response. I personally wouldnt trust this...

http://offlinemessenger.com/privacy.php - Read it.  The only thing that even touches your messages is the spam filter (which will be silently updated into the code), will skim through and check for repeats and swearing.
Anyways, quick chart if you want specifics:

User->OM message->OM->stored in encrypted folder for target user
Offline user signs in->OM sends add request (if not added)
->If added, send message from encrypted folder and delete.