Shoutbox

Plus! notification window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Plus! notification window (/showthread.php?tid=40704)

Plus! notification window by Neonsun on 03-20-2005 at 05:11 PM

Hello,

The MSN default notification windows seem to be aware of programs running in full-screen, but Plus!'s windows (user goes offline/changes name) appear in front of full-screen applications, and becomes an annoyance when running games, etc.

Is there a way to disable Plus! notifications when running full-screen applications in the current version (3.50), could this be achieved with a plugin, or would it be possible to request this for a future version? :)

Thanks,
Geir

RE: Plus! notification window by user27089 on 03-20-2005 at 05:15 PM

I'm afraid there isn't, but it would be pretty easy to do afaik... all you can do at the moment is set your status to busy, so that when you are playing a full screen application, the plus! notifications won't appear...

RE: Plus! notification window by Plik on 03-20-2005 at 05:15 PM

make sure that under plus preferences>>notifications>>pop options
the option "Display notifications even when my status is set to busy" is unchecked.
Then make sure your status is busy whenever you play a game, and you wont have any toasts

RE: Plus! notification window by Neonsun on 03-20-2005 at 05:19 PM

Okay, thanks - I'll keep that in mind.. I usually use the Away status though, I don't use the Busy status much.. But I guess it could work as a workaround. :)

RE: Plus! notification window by Tochjo on 03-20-2005 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Neonsun
MSN default notification windows seem to be aware of programs running in full-screen
quote:
Originally posted by Neonsun
I usually use the Away status though
If you set MSN Messenger to detect if you are running a full-screen application, it will change your status to Busy and then block all notifications, no matter if you set it to Away yourself before that. The Plus! option that is available (to block notifications when you're busy) works in a similar way and should therefore be a fine solution to your problem :)
RE: Plus! notification window by Neonsun on 03-20-2005 at 08:47 PM

That was a very helpful tip, thanks for the heads-up :)