Shoutbox

Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released (/showthread.php?tid=40728)

Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-20-2005 at 08:46 PM

Ok, So i did it guys!!! :D... I am releasing a beta long before I expected... :P... But here it is...

Beta Version 0.1.. :P

Install Instructions:
Extract the zip file into the Plugins folder.. Run the "Install MCOAS.bat" and restart MSN Messenger...

What it is:
This a plugin that overrides the Banner Ad in MSN Messenger and puts a Media Controller panel ther instead...
So far only Winamp is supported, but more will be supported later...
You can, Play, Pause, Next Track, Previous Track (Back) and Stop, and you can see the current song playing...

Bugs:
I think I elimated most/all bugs, so I hope not big problems will occure... But if you find any bugs please report them here...
Sometimes the Media Controller does not override the Ad, but it shold do it most of the times... If it doesn't just close the MSN Window (Not Exit) and Reopen it again, after a Minimum of 1 second... If it doesn't fix the problem then try a few more tried, waiting a few seconds...

Graphics:
The grapichs SUCK!!!.. No colors or anything special or anything in this version.. But it will later... No background, and no pictures on the Buttons.. This will all be improved later and everything will be customizable.. This is only a quick beta release I made in a few hours... Also please note that due to the way MSG Plus! have the Win XP theme style support the buttons may look wierd on some Themes... Nothing I can do about this at the moment, will be fixed later when I make my own controls/buttons

To-do List:

- Customizable GUI (Backgrounds, Text color, button pictures etc.)
- Configuration Screen
- Support for more/other Media Players

Here you go!! :D..Enjoy...

Please Report bugs, comments and ideas, BUT do not post ideas or bugs mentioned in this post(Read above: Graphics, Bugs, To-do list)....
Please READ THIS POST before posting anything that is already explained in this post/thread!!!... (This was especially noted to a certain BrOkEn)

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by Dempsey on 03-20-2005 at 08:49 PM

Sounds Great (Y)  can i see a screenshot becusse i dont use MSN7 so i cant test it.

Also, what happens if theyve patched there MSN so the ad bar doesnt show?

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-20-2005 at 08:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
Sounds Great (Y)  can i see a screenshot becusse i dont use MSN7 so i cant test it.
A screen has been Attached to this post.. :D..
quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
Also, what happens if theyve patched there MSN so the ad bar doesnt show?
The Media Controller is not shown.. :P.. Maybe I forgot to tell that in the top post.. But It needs to be a unpatched version... Not completly unpatched, just a non-Ad-remover-Patched version.. :d... This also goes for the Ad-remover in Stuffplug-NG...

Edit:

Seems like I forgot to name the Plugin.. In the Plus! Plugins Configuration Screen... Will just Update the Plugin.. Nothing Serious thou...
RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by paperless on 03-20-2005 at 09:18 PM

Its a great great idea i think you should work on graphics a bit to make it more apellative tho.
* paperless installs :P

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by Dempsey on 03-20-2005 at 09:20 PM

looks cool (Y)  definatly a better use of the space

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by ddunk on 03-20-2005 at 09:20 PM

Works great, haven't seen any problems with it yet :D

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by dylan! on 03-20-2005 at 09:22 PM

I LIKE IT!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by TheBlasphemer on 03-20-2005 at 09:39 PM

schweet!
Might I ask how you did it :P?
I'm working on it too, but I haven't had time to finish mine yet :P

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by Dempsey on 03-20-2005 at 09:42 PM

i think he just uses the SetParent API to make a picturebox appear in the Ad window

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by albert on 03-20-2005 at 09:43 PM

nicee CyberDude :D once again, good job :) you really good!

Hope Itunes will be compatible in the final version ;-) althought i switched to winamp just to be able to use it! Anyway, good job man, keep em coming, we all appreciate it!

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-20-2005 at 09:44 PM

I'm glad you people like it... :D..

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
schweet!

NICE!!! :D:D:D:D... A post from The MAN!!! :D.. Asking me how I did it??? :O:O!!!!! I'm blushing... :$... :P...
SetParent Api, does it ring a bell???... :P.. hehe...

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by TheBlasphemer on 03-20-2005 at 09:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)

quote:
schweet!

NICE!!! :D:D:D:D... A post from The MAN!!! :D.. Asking me how I did it??? :O:O!!!!! I'm blushing... :$... :P...

Ahh, thats cheating :P
You said you replaced the ad with a player thingie, not putting something in front of it :/

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by albert on 03-20-2005 at 09:54 PM

quote:
You said you replaced the ad with a player thingie, not putting something in front of it :/

Who cares.. it works :D lolll

Btw, Cyber, is it normal it takes a few seconds to load *-)??
RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-20-2005 at 10:03 PM

quote:
quote:

quote:
schweet!

NICE!!! :D:D... A post from The MAN!!! :D.. Asking me how I did it??? :O:O!!!!! I'm blushing... :$... :P...

Ahh, thats cheating :P

Lol!!! :P... Yeah, but if I put 1 more line of code in it.. I will hide the banner ad and put my player in front... this would theoratically be "replacing" the ad... Am I right? :P...

quote:
Originally posted by lp15

Btw, Cyber, is it normal it takes a few seconds to load *-)??
Yes... The banner(or really the container for the banner) really needs to load before I replace it with the controller...

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by Purity on 03-21-2005 at 12:34 AM

Bah, Im sure it would work if I didnt patch my msn saying remove the banner.... 8-)

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by albert on 03-21-2005 at 01:03 AM

lol ye that would be logic purity :P

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by Mike on 03-22-2005 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Lol!!! :P... Yeah, but if I put 1 more line of code in it.. I will hide the banner ad and put my player in front... this would theoratically be "replacing" the ad... Am I right? ...:P
Nope, because the ad is provided by 5 classes, not one :P (Internet Explorer_Server, Shell DocObject View, MSNMSBLGeneric, CtrlNotifySink are the class names:P)
So you will have to put 5 lines instead of one :P
And even after hiding these classes, the ad border is still there :P

By the way, TB by making a small class check, I found out that the class check reports VB Classes... ;)
RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by crank on 03-22-2005 at 04:36 PM

Do you want an installer for your final release?
i could make you one ;)

[ontopic]
Sounds cool, be sure to add WMP10 support and all of those other great and less great media players :)
[/ontopic]

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by The_MoD on 03-22-2005 at 04:41 PM

Very nice plugin, nice usage of that stupid banner.
Bummer my windows skin messes up the buttons, but i'll live with it :D

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by NoMeN on 03-22-2005 at 04:45 PM

does this plugin work with MSN 7.0.0632?? just curious :p

btw... i just brought this up in photoshop... CD.. if you like it feel free to grab it ;)

[Image: panels0xo.gif]

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by DJHasis on 03-22-2005 at 06:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NoMeN
does this plugin work with MSN 7.0.0632?? just curious :p

btw... i just brought this up in photoshop... CD.. if you like it feel free to grab it ;)

Wow NoMeN those are alot better looking :D

Would be nice if you (CyBeRDuDe) could make the player skinnable but if you can get the toppest one of NoMeN's I would be very appreciated :D

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by NoMeN on 03-22-2005 at 06:56 PM

yeah... hehehe it would be great. im not sure if i can help you out... i dont know anything about programing, just photoshop. :S

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by tomfletcherman on 03-22-2005 at 08:36 PM

This is really great, thanks v much

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by NoMeN on 03-22-2005 at 09:25 PM

i dont even know if its possible to make something like this:

[Image: winampmsn7zi.jpg]

just thought it would be cool!
the red button only appears when pressed... people who dont have winamp could download it from the link provided by the icon seen in the upper right corner. and that bar should display the current song using the ID3Tags.... :P

CD... do you know if its possible ot make such a thing?? just giving some suggestions ;) ;) ;)

Peace!

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-22-2005 at 10:36 PM

Bah!!! Some repsonse I need to make.. :(.. This is going to be a LOONG post.. :P...

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
quote:
Lol!!!... Yeah, but if I put 1 more line of code in it.. I will hide the banner ad and put my player in front... this would theoratically be "replacing" the ad... Am I right? ...:P
Nope, because the ad is provided by 5 classes, not one(Internet Explorer_Server, Shell DocObject View, MSNMSBLGeneric, CtrlNotifySink are the class names)
So you will have to put 5 lines instead of one
And even after hiding these classes, the ad border is still there
Yes, the border will still be there.. But by just hiding 1 of those 5 classes the Banner will be hidden.... I don't need to hide them all... And I also need at least 1 of the classes to put my Controller in...

quote:
Originally posted by çr@nK
Do you want an installer for your final release?
i could make you one

[ontopic]
Sounds cool, be sure to add WMP10 support and all of those other great and less great media players
[/ontopic]
Installer: Just wrote a post in the Thread about the Tabbed MSN, about this topic.... I would be more than happy if someone made a decent installer, but I have some criterias it needs to fullfill..... (Quote from the other thread)

quote:
About the installer:
Hmm.. You are welcome to make me a decent installer.. But it needs to fullfill some criterias..
- I need to be able to add my own files to it
- Extrating files
- Registrying files
- Add other various registry values
- Shutting Down MSN Messenger (Normally, and Taskkill if normal shutdown fails, altso support for closing Tabbed Conversation when closing normally to prevent loss of log if Taskkill needs to be executed)
- Starting MSN Messenger
- Uninstaller
- GUI, Interface, Pictures, texts, etc...
- A Homemade installer would be best, not some NSIS or Inno because they cannot do these tasks

If you can fullfill all these criteria then I would be more than happy to use a installer you make for me (and of course give you all the Credit you want).. .. I can do all this my self, I just don't have time on my hands.. 
If anybody else can do this for me, then you are more than welcome.. :D
quote:
Originally posted by The_MoD
Very nice plugin, nice usage of that stupid banner.
Bummer my windows skin messes up the buttons, but i'll live with it
Yeah, I even had a crazy idea last day, But I am to busy with lots of other stuff.. But thought about making a big plugin with lots of different usage for the banner add.. Like CPU Status, HDD space, Note taker, Clickable shortcuts (to launch a program etc, or do a MSN command like my shortcut plugin)... There are really many opputunites in this type of plugin..
The skin problem will be fixed later, will make my own custom comtrols which will then ot have this problem, and will also make them skinable.. :D..
quote:
does this plugin work with MSN 7.0.0632?? just curious

btw... i just brought this up in photoshop... CD.. if you like it feel free to grab it
I don't know if it does?.. I haven't tested it with that version yet.. But I expect it do..
Looks nice.. I might use that as standard skin or something, but will make t skinable later.. :D..
quote:
Originally posted by DJHasis

Would be nice if you (CyBeRDuDe) could make the player skinnable but if you can get the toppest one of NoMeN's I would be very appreciated
I will make it skinnable sometime.. And yes, I might use NoMeN's suggestion if no else comes with anything..
quote:
i dont even know if its possible to make something like this:

[Image: winampmsn7zi.jpg]

just thought it would be cool!
the red button only appears when pressed... people who dont have winamp could download it from the link provided by the icon seen in the upper right corner. and that bar should display the current song using the ID3Tags...

CD... do you know if its possible ot make such a thing?? just giving some suggestions

Peace!
That is indeed possible.. Nice looks nomen.. :D.. I just need some time to make I own controls to have more control over the looks of the buttons, etc..
I am not sure wether I can get the songs from ID3 tag.. I'll have to take a look into this... But all your other suggestions is very well possible.. And I'll keep them in mind..

Final Note:
Thanks everybody for your support.. :D..
There will properly not be any updates on any of my plugins the next few days.. My computer just died.. :'(.. I will have to buy new MB, and will properly upgrade CPU, Memory, GFX on the same time.. :D.. I will try to watch these forums, but I can't promise I will be here much from Wednesday to sunday... Gotta be together with the lady... :P... So if you don't see/get any repsonse from me here then you know what I'm doing!!! :P :refuck:

Edit: ARGH!!! Lousy Emotions limit!!! Needs to remove 26 emotions from this post..
RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by NoMeN on 03-23-2005 at 05:58 PM

Cool!! im glad you liked it :D

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by Yousef on 03-23-2005 at 09:49 PM

Hey guys, I've been busy with a thing like this as well, hope you don't mind cyber... I'm planning to implement several media players as well as other services. The way I'll work is by using the webbrowser object itself. (and yes, in c++ this time;))

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by bungleMX on 03-23-2005 at 10:26 PM

was a super Idea this plug in, finally I can see some real use for that space, the plugin works perfect, thanks!

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-24-2005 at 02:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bungleMX
was a super Idea this plug in, finally I can see some real use for that space, the plugin works perfect, thanks!
:D.. Yeah.. That lousy Ad space sucks!! :P.. I also have lots of other ideas that it can be used for... :D...

quote:
Originally posted by Juzzi
Hey guys, I've been busy with a thing like this as well, hope you don't mind cyber... I'm planning to implement several media players as well as other services. The way I'll work is by using the webbrowser object itself. (and yes, in c++ this time;))
Nice.. :D. And no I don't mind.. What do you mean with using the webbrowser object itself?... Are you going to do some kind of overwriting the Ad? so you can ad you own stuff? or are just going to "overlay"/SetParentApi(as I do) on it?... Will it be a litle less "buggy"?.. Will it be there all the time? Meaning that it doesn't "close" when you close msn messenger to tray?... The way I do it the Controler I put on is destroyed when you close msn messenger and therefore the Ad shows again when you open it up beacuse everything is repainted and everything gets a new Hwnd... So I use a timer to check if the contact list is shown again and then SetParentApi again... Is this the same method you will use? Or have you found a "real" way to "hijack" it?
RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by Yousef on 03-24-2005 at 04:46 PM

quote:

quote:
Nice.. :D. And no I don't mind.. What do you mean with using the webbrowser object itself?... Are you going to do some kind of overwriting the Ad? so you can ad you own stuff? or are just going to "overlay"/SetParentApi(as I do) on it?... Will it be a litle less "buggy"?.. Will it be there all the time? Meaning that it doesn't "close" when you close msn messenger to tray?... The way I do it the Controler I put on is destroyed when you close msn messenger and therefore the Ad shows again when you open it up beacuse everything is repainted and everything gets a new Hwnd... So I use a timer to check if the contact list is shown again and then SetParentApi again... Is this the same method you will use? Or have you found a "real" way to "hijack" it?
I don't use anything like SetParent, I use the original COM IHTMLWindow2 object :D. This means my code just makes the ad load another webpage. I think in this way a lot of 'nice ads' can be created. I can make a shoutbox for example, or latest news, about anything is possible to put there. Here's a screenshot of a little winamp controller:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=417100]

I can easily skin it, even by using existing winamp skins. Don't have anymore time for that today, because I'm going to a party tonight (H)
RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by NoMeN on 03-24-2005 at 05:32 PM

thats really cool Juzzi!!! i could help you out skinning it ;)

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-25-2005 at 11:54 PM

Nice work Juzzi.. :D... I'll stop working on my plugin then... :D... You keep going with this one.. And please make my dream come true.. make a "big" plugin that supports more Players, and have lots of other various things, like a notetaker, and much more stuff.. :D.. Would be really nice... Good luck on the work man! :D..

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by NoMeN on 03-26-2005 at 09:01 AM

hey! maybe you could work together on this?

RE: RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by Veggie on 03-26-2005 at 10:30 AM

quote:
Nice work Juzzi.. :D... I'll stop working on my plugin then... :D... You keep going with this one.. And please make my dream come true.. make a "big" plugin that supports more Players, and have lots of other various things, like a notetaker, and much more stuff.. :D.. Would be really nice... Good luck on the work man! :D..

you could also put the shoutbox on this website in there.
RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by Yousef on 03-26-2005 at 12:36 PM

Hey, I managed to hook the right click popup menu of the advertisement. So when you now right click on the ad you can choose what you want to load in it (media controller/shoutbox/note taker). It still needs to be optimised a bit.

Now I need to make the extensions, so far it's going quite well. Also I don't know yet whether it will be easy to add polygamy support.

CyBeRDuDe, I might still need your help, I think I've got you in my contact list :)

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by NoMeN on 03-26-2005 at 12:40 PM

:D thats great Juzzi!! keep up the good work! ;)

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-26-2005 at 01:23 PM

quote:
Hey, I managed to hook the right click popup menu of the advertisement. So when you now right click on the ad you can choose what you want to load in it (media controller/shoutbox/note taker). It still needs to be optimised a bit.

Now I need to make the extensions, so far it's going quite well. Also I don't know yet whether it will be easy to add polygamy support.

CyBeRDuDe, I might still need your help, I think I've got you in my contact list :)
WOW!!!! Nice work man!!! :D... Can't wait to check it out...
Hmm... Need my help?... Can't help you programming I think... I only know VB.. :(... But I'll try give you some help if you need... And i'd be happy to help you testing... Yes you do have me on your contact list... :D.. I'll come online now... See if I can talk to you...
RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by qune on 03-27-2005 at 03:01 PM

maybe something like this even... and the plugin should have a different affiliate skin for different mediaplayers imho...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=420343]

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by albert on 03-28-2005 at 04:15 PM

havent looked back at this thread for long.. learned a lot of new things :) Cyber Dude you did a good job, and I belive you have really good manner to let go of the idea and to offer it to Juzzi!

juzzi, were counting on u now :P, dunno you much but u seem cool! hope this can be delivered soon, btw do you have a beta we could try? or if you need any testing, I can help out 2;-)

msn's lebanese_pride01@hotmail.com

hope well hear from you soon,

truly, lp15

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by Yousef on 03-28-2005 at 10:24 PM

The 'engine' (main program) is about 80% completed now I guess. I improved the skin for the Winamp controller, complete with rollover/mousedown states (still need to add current song):
[Image: attachment.php?pid=421758]
Next I'm going to do is WMP support, maybe iTunes support, note taker, shoutbox, etc.

RE: RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by DJHasis on 03-29-2005 at 07:17 PM

quote:
Next I'm going to do is WMP support, maybe iTunes support, note taker, shoutbox, etc.

Will you have support for Foobar also?^o)

That would make your plugin definatly famous cause I could recommend it to my friends and almost everyone has Foobar2000!!!:P
RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by LordSesshouamru on 04-12-2005 at 07:28 AM

I wasnt able to get the plugin to work but i have an extremly old verson of winamp could this possibly be the problem The plug in is there i see it when Open Messenger Plus but nothing is ever in that little space exept the little msn im guy and some words I love this idea because i myself always struggle with to many things open and not enough space on the monitor to put them thx

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by J.J on 04-12-2005 at 07:48 AM

Hrmm, does this plugin work with 7.0.0777?

I installed it, its in the plugins section of plus! but i dont see it working, i still got the ad banner...

Edit: dw got it to work :cheesy:

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by aNILEator on 04-12-2005 at 09:15 AM

:drool: new version looks sweet can't wait for Release with WMP support :) does it include a whats playing bar?

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by :No-Frost: on 07-07-2005 at 05:53 PM

great plugin, but, would be nicer if you can add this to the conversations windows!!! At the side of the emoticons icon and those stuff!!!

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by Rodney on 07-07-2005 at 07:19 PM

You should check out this thread, it has a newer beta version that can also show the controller in a convo window.

RE: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 11-09-2005 at 08:38 PM

Bump! Check out Anybody wants to take over my projects?