Shoutbox

Plus is Crashing :( - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Plus is Crashing :( (/showthread.php?tid=40753)

Plus is Crashing :( by dreamgeek on 03-21-2005 at 01:37 AM

Hi folks... IM playign around with the newer versisions of MSN  (various 7 beta versions) and Messenger Plus is not loading. No plus in the window. No plus in task manager.... in fact when i try to uninstall it from the control panel its crashing and wont even let me do that.....

I assume something i have is causing it to crash... I have Norton Internet security installed and Spyware doctor and have feelings its one of the two... anyone have any ideas? It worked fine with MSN 6.2

RE: Plus is Crashing :( by matty on 03-21-2005 at 01:46 AM

Have you tried to upgrade to the lastest Version of Messenger Plus!? http://msgplus.net/download.php

If you have then reinstall Messenger Plus!. Or Shutdown all instances of Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger. Click start > run > type in "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe" (or whereever you installed Plus! to).

Once you have MsgPlus.exe in the task manager, open MSN Messenger.

RE: Plus is Crashing :( by dreamgeek on 03-21-2005 at 01:51 AM

yes  more detailed stats are in order i surpose... i am using msn 7.0.0.0632  (ive tried various other ones too with no luck)

and the newest 3.50 Messenger Plus...

Ooo was hopeful for a min there... eheh I cancelled all Msmsgs.exe and msnmsgr.exe and   did the start run.. MsgPlus loadaed.. but closed immediately upon starting MSN again...

RE: Plus is Crashing :( by matty on 03-21-2005 at 02:14 AM

Have you applied any Patches to MSN Messenger?

RE: Plus is Crashing :( by dreamgeek on 03-21-2005 at 02:33 AM

nope.. like i said.. i think its something to do with being blocked in norton internet security.. cause it crashes almost as soon as it loads....