Shoutbox

Block All Contacts Plugin Released - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Block All Contacts Plugin Released (/showthread.php?tid=40777)

Block All Contacts Plugin Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-21-2005 at 09:37 AM

Here you go guys! :D As you requested!

This plugin allows you to Blockor Unblock all your contacs in one click... :D...

Install:
Extract the zip file to the plugins folder and run the "Install BlockAll.bat" then restart MSN Messenger

How To:
Open a conversation window and type "/xblockall" to block all you contacts, type "/xunblockall" to unblock all of your contacts...
If you log in appearing offline and wants to block the contacts before going online... Go to Plus -> Plugins and click on "Block All contacts By CyBeRDuDe" and press the configure button... Then a message box appears and you just follow the instructions giving...

Bugs Etc:
There shouldn't be any bugs, the only problem which some might complain about is that it is very slow to block all contacts... But I CAN'T DO ANYTHING about this... This is because of the way the protocol works... The contacts are not blocked before the MSN Server responds on the block request...

Enjoy! :D..

RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by Vilkku on 03-21-2005 at 09:45 AM

Would it be possible for it to remember the blocked contacts before you block all so that they won't get unblocked when you unblock all?

RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by Ash_ on 03-21-2005 at 09:45 AM

nice idea. i suggest using something other then '/xblockall' as it collides with the famous Stuffplug :cheesy:

RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-21-2005 at 09:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Would it be possible for it to remember the blocked contacts before you block all so that they won't get unblocked when you unblock all?
Yes.. This is going to be my next feature in this Plugin.. :D.. I also do want this feature my self.. So it will be made.. :D

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
nice idea. i suggest using something other then '/xblockall' as it collides with the famous Stuffplug :cheesy:
Ok.. I will.. :D.. But do the old Stuffplug have a block all feature?... I didn't know that... :S...
RE: RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by Ash_ on 03-21-2005 at 10:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
quote:
Ok.. I will.. :D.. But do the old Stuffplug have a block all feature?... I didn't know that... :S...

no, just it blocks all the contacts in a single convo.

eg Me (noob 1) and (noob 2) are having a convo

if i call that plugin it will block noob 1 and 2, and no one else.
RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by Vilkku on 03-21-2005 at 10:02 AM

Yeah the original StuffPlug has it, discovered it recently. Nevermind, it's better to have a stand-alone one.

RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-21-2005 at 10:05 AM

quote:

Ok.. So it only blocks all the contacs in a multi chat right? :D:P
RE: RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by Ash_ on 03-21-2005 at 10:09 AM

quote:
quote:

Ok.. So it only blocks all the contacs in a multi chat right? :D:P

Correct (Y). thats one point for Cyberdude :P
RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by CanadianOriginal on 03-21-2005 at 06:20 PM

In Plus 3.50, it's no longer possible to block contacts from a specific group by right clicking that group in the Contact list. Could you integrate this function somehow? Not necessarily the right-click, but the option to block groups from the plugin's config menu maybe?

RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by Kurow on 03-21-2005 at 06:51 PM

i need help with the installation the install blockall.bat is not working :S. The blockall.dll is in the plugins folder but the plugin do not appear in the Plus! plugins menu.

RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-21-2005 at 07:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CanadianOriginal
In Plus 3.50, it's no longer possible to block contacts from a specific group by right clicking that group in the Contact list. Could you integrate this function somehow? Not necessarily the right-click, but the option to block groups from the plugin's config menu maybe?
Lol.. Haven't even noticed this.. :s... Yes I could this... Easily.. But I would really like to have gui for it... But you can still block groups if you use commands "/blockgroup groupname" works... :D.. Just use that one...

quote:
Originally posted by Kurow
i need help with the installation the install blockall.bat is not working :S. The blockall.dll is in the plugins folder but the plugin do not appear in the Plus! plugins menu.
What Windows version? MSN Messenger? Plus!?
You extracted both files to the plugins folder? the install blockall.bat needs to be in the same folder as the dll file...
Did you restart MSN Messenger after you runned the install blockall.bat? Meaning if you exited MSN Completly!.. and then start again?
RE: RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by Kurow on 03-21-2005 at 07:50 PM

quote:
quote:
Lol.. Haven't even noticed this.. :s... Yes I could this... Easily.. But I would really like to have gui for it... But you can still block groups if you use commands "/blockgroup groupname" works... :D.. Just use that one...

quote:
You extracted both files to the plugins folder? the install blockall.bat needs to be in the same folder as the dll file...
Did you restart MSN Messenger after you runned the install blockall.bat? Meaning if you exited MSN Completly!.. and then start again?

Windows 2000 Server
Messenger 7.0.0632 beta
Plus! 3.50

Yes, did all that and the plugin is not working also the commands /xblockall is not working.
RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by riahc4 on 03-21-2005 at 07:52 PM

quote:
quote:

quote:

I think i already suggested this in one of your other plugin threads but you should seriously make a installer (.EXE or .MSI or whatever you want) .BAT files can get too tricky for n00bs. I know your excuse is problably that your lazy :P but not only is it easier but it also gives the plugin/instalation a more professional look then just a simple BAT file
RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by CookieRevised on 03-21-2005 at 08:07 PM

[OFF TOPIC]
A good made batch file is as good as any installer for such small installs. And furthermore gives the experienced user a perfect look of what is being installed and where (something an installer often doesn't do, aka never).
[/OFF TOPIC]

RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-21-2005 at 08:17 PM

quote:
Windows 2000 Server
Messenger 7.0.0632 beta
Plus! 3.50

Yes, did all that and the plugin is not working also the commands /xblockall is not working.
Messenger 7.0.0632 beta Might well be the problem?.. I'm not sure thou.. :S..

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
I think i already suggested this in one of your other plugin threads but you should seriously make a installer (.EXE or .MSI or whatever you want) .BAT files can get too tricky for n00bs. I know your excuse is problably that your lazy :P but not only is it easier but it also gives the plugin/instalation a more professional look then just a simple BAT file
I will make a decent installer sometime for my plugins.. But at the moment I'm too busy!... I'm not lazy i'm siply to busy, and the moments I have time I can't be bothered making an installer... For this simple task to register the plugin and register it to Plus! it's to much of a deal to make an installer... If it was multiple files that needed to be extracted to the plugins folder and more filesbeing registered or what ever.. but for this simple task it would just be to much work to make an installer whn a bat file can do the exact same thing... All I can do better in an installer is to automatically shutdown msn and start msn messenger again...
But sometime i'll have a decent installer ready.. :D..

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
[OFF TOPIC]
A good made batch file is as good as any installer for such small installs. And furthermore gives the experienced user a perfect look of what is being installed and where (something an installer often doesn't do, aka never).
[/OFF TOPIC]
correct!!! :D.. And a bat file takes 2 seconds to write.. :D. and no compiling and nothing.. :D...
RE: RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by gcruchon on 03-21-2005 at 08:27 PM

quote:

Hello all.

Actually I have MsgPlus 3.50 and MSN 6.2 and it is possible to block/unblock all contacts of a group by right clicking on this group and use "Messenger Plus!" sub-menu. (Y)

However may not be available with MSN 7.0 beta... I dunno *-)

RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by Kurow on 03-21-2005 at 11:34 PM

Hi again... i just install this plugin in a Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 and is working great. Maybe is a Windows 2000 Server bug or something like that O.o.

RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-22-2005 at 12:52 AM

quote:
Hi again... i just install this plugin in a Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 and is working great. Maybe is a Windows 2000 Server bug or something like that O.o.
Hmm.. Are you using the same Messenger version as you did on windows 2000?
If not then that might be the problem.. But if you do then I kinda guess that you are missing the VB Runtime Files on the win 2000... :s.. On the win 2000 machine can you please try and search for the file "msvbvm60.dll".. See if you get any results..?...
IF not then that is the problem.. if you get a result, then I doubt you are missing the runtime files and then I don't know what might eb problem atm.. :S..
RE: RE: RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by CanadianOriginal on 03-22-2005 at 11:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gcruchon
Hello all.

Actually I have MsgPlus 3.50 and MSN 6.2 and it is possible to block/unblock all contacts of a group by right clicking on this group and use "Messenger Plus!" sub-menu. (Y)

However may not be available with MSN 7.0 beta... I dunno *-)

That's the problem. Itn's no longer available with the new MSN Messenger Beta, apparently Patchou wasn't able to include the feature.

quote:
Lol.. Haven't even noticed this.. ... Yes I could this... Easily.. But I would really like to have gui for it... But you can still block groups if you use commands "/blockgroup groupname" works... .. Just use that one...

So I keep hearing. The problem is, if I sign in as "appear offline" and I want to block people before appearing online, I can't, because I can't use a convo window.
RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by saintgtril on 03-23-2005 at 06:44 AM

Mine is not working too. My Messenger Plus (3.50.124) is not detecting the block all plugin in with my msn messenger 6.2..0205 :'( under window 2000 professional edition

Can anyone help or show show some enlightenment to this? Wanting to use this

RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-23-2005 at 09:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saintgtril
Mine is not working too. My Messenger Plus (3.50.124) is not detecting the block all plugin in with my msn messenger 6.2..0205 :'( under window 2000 professional edition

This plugin does NOT work with MSN 6.2.. sorry... Haven't made it compatible yet... It might be later, only a few lines of code needs to be added to mkae it compatible with MSN 6.2, but as I don't have that version on my own computer it's hard always getting all my plugins to work it....

quote:
So I keep hearing. The problem is, if I sign in as "appear offline" and I want to block people before appearing online, I can't, because I can't use a convo window.
In the mean time you can use Shortcut plugin to do this.. :D... Create a shortcut to block a specific group, and then start msn appearing offline, run the shortcut and then go online.. :D..
RE: RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by saintgtril on 03-23-2005 at 09:12 AM

quote:
quote:

This plugin does NOT work with MSN 6.2.. sorry... Haven't made it compatible yet... It might be later, only a few lines of code needs to be added to mkae it compatible with MSN 6.2, but as I don't have that version on my own computer it's hard always getting all my plugins to work it....

quote:
In the mean time you can use Shortcut plugin to do this.. :D... Create a shortcut to block a specific group, and then start msn appearing offline, run the shortcut and then go online.. :D..

i am using the plugin on MSN 6.2 with the same Messenger Plus under window xp home edition. It is working fine. :D wondering has it got to do with window2000 itself :(
RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-23-2005 at 09:54 AM

quote:
i am using the plugin on MSN 6.2 with the same Messenger Plus under window xp home edition. It is working fine. :D wondering has it got to do with window2000 itself :(

Ok.. Nice to know... :D... Then MSN 6.2 and MSNN 7 is using the same classes for the ad.. :D..
Yes maybe this is a windows 2000 problem... Any of you people please try do what I wrote to Kurow
quote:
But if you do then I kinda guess that you are missing the VB Runtime Files on the win 2000... :s.. On the win 2000 machine can you please try and search for the file "msvbvm60.dll".. See if you get any results..?...
IF not then that is the problem.. if you get a result, then I doubt you are missing the runtime files and then I don't know what might be problem atm.. :S..
If you don't have that file "msvbm60.dll" then you are missing the Runtime Files they can be downloaded here: Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0: Run-Time Redistribution Pack (vbrun60sp6.exe)
Hope this solves the problem.. If you are having problems running this plugin or any of my other plugins please be sure that you have these run time files... :D..
RE: RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by saintgtril on 04-09-2005 at 12:41 AM

quote:
quote:

Ok.. Nice to know... :D... Then MSN 6.2 and MSNN 7 is using the same classes for the ad.. :D..
Yes maybe this is a windows 2000 problem... Any of you people please try do what I wrote to Kurow
quote:
But if you do then I kinda guess that you are missing the VB Runtime Files on the win 2000... :s.. On the win 2000 machine can you please try and search for the file "msvbvm60.dll".. See if you get any results..?...
IF not then that is the problem.. if you get a result, then I doubt you are missing the runtime files and then I don't know what might be problem atm.. :S..
If you don't have that file "msvbm60.dll" then you are missing the Runtime Files they can be downloaded here: Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0: Run-Time Redistribution Pack (vbrun60sp6.exe)
Hope this solves the problem.. If you are having problems running this plugin or any of my other plugins please be sure that you have these run time files... :D..

tried installing it under window 2000 professional edition, did a restart of my computer, but still the plug in is not detected under Messenger Plus.
can anyone helps :'(
RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 04-09-2005 at 11:40 AM

Did you try downloading and installing the vb run time files?

RE: RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by saintgtril on 04-09-2005 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Did you try downloading and installing the vb run time files?

i did, and i even did a find of msvbm60.dll. it in system32. How come it wont work under window2000 :'(

can i request for an .exe file for this, if you dont mind :(
RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by Germanizer on 07-25-2005 at 12:32 PM

i was wondering if there happens to be a plugin or such so that you can be "invisible" like on icq?
this would be a very nice feature.

RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by matty on 07-25-2005 at 03:30 PM

Block all your Contacts and use SPNG to Talk with Blocked Contacts.

RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by Germanizer on 07-25-2005 at 05:33 PM

yes. but if i block my unwanted contacts, they'll get pissed off. they all probably have msnBlockDetect. so i'm after an Invisible. like an "Show as Offline", but still be able to talk with some contacts.

RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by qgroessl on 07-25-2005 at 06:35 PM

Block Detectors don't work anymore... at least that's what everybody says... There are a few ways you can find out... But make sure you have "all others" blocked in the privacy menu.

RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 07-25-2005 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Germanizer
yes. but if i block my unwanted contacts, they'll get pissed off. they all probably have msnBlockDetect. so i'm after an Invisible. like an "Show as Offline", but still be able to talk with some contacts.
Block checkers do NOT work.. Please search the forum for faq on this... Or at least.. If you have your msn setting "Only Allow People on my list to send me messages and see my status" enabled.. Then you are safe.. And there are no way to find out if you are online or not or blocking them.... If you dpn't have this setting enabled there is some chance that the so called blockcheckers will work on you...
So if use that setting, you are perfectly safe.. And you can use my "Block All Contacts" plugin and talk to blocked contacts using StuffPlug... This is ATM the only possible way you can "immitate" invisible mode.... Or using MD X, but it uses the exact same method....
RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by Germanizer on 07-25-2005 at 10:23 PM

i'll run a few tests with my gf. i'll get back to you

RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 11-09-2005 at 08:36 PM

Bump! Check out Anybody wants to take over my projects?

RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by uberdosis on 11-09-2005 at 10:17 PM

Wy don't you just go offline? Rather then blocking everyone, is it not the same?

RE: Block All Contacts Plugin Released by (CyBeRDuDe) on 11-10-2005 at 02:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by uberdosis
Wy don't you just go offline? Rather then blocking everyone, is it not the same?
Because then you can't talk to your contacts... :P... Using StuffPlug and it's feature to "Talk To Blocked Contacts", you can block all contacts and by doing this all of you contacts will see you as offline, but you will still be able to talk to the...
That's why... :P..