Shoutbox

why - reading + car sick? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: why - reading + car sick? (/showthread.php?tid=40813)

why - reading + car sick? by M73A on 03-21-2005 at 04:47 PM

i had this today because i got a text whilst was in the car....why do you feel sick when you read whilst in a moving vehicle???

RE: why - reading + car sick? by Concord Dawn on 03-21-2005 at 04:49 PM

Because the fluid in your ears tells your brain that you are moving forward, but your eyes tell your brain that you aren't. Your brain panics and contracts your stomach.

RE: why - reading + car sick? by mwe99 on 03-21-2005 at 04:49 PM

I don't, maybe its just you :P maybe try some travel sick tablets

RE: RE: why - reading + car sick? by M73A on 03-21-2005 at 04:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Because the fluid in your ears tells your brain that you are moving forward, but your eyes tell your brain that you aren't. Your brain panics and contracts your stomach.

lol, ohh right ^o) where did you learn that?
RE: why - reading + car sick? by toddy on 03-21-2005 at 05:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
where did you learn that?

probably school :rolleyes:
RE: RE: why - reading + car sick? by M73A on 03-21-2005 at 05:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddler
quote:
where did you learn that?

probably school :rolleyes:

hahaha:P

what lesson does that come under^o) and before you say biology why would they teach you that in biology.
RE: why - reading + car sick? by Ezra on 03-21-2005 at 05:05 PM

Yip :P, I got it too, but because I travel with the bus everyday and the subway and i'm reading my paper while doing it, i'm getting used to it.

RE: why - reading + car sick? by toddy on 03-21-2005 at 05:05 PM

quote:
what lesson does that come
quote:
biology

RE: why - reading + car sick? by M73A on 03-21-2005 at 05:06 PM

why would they teach you that. how is it part of the curriculumn of biology or science??

RE: why - reading + car sick? by King For A Day on 03-21-2005 at 05:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
I don't, maybe its just you :P maybe try some travel sick tablets

i used to get it all the time and i had some tablets but they tasted so foul, i was sick before i got in the car. But i was never sick after that so i supose they worked :D

i think its caused by your brain trying to focus on one thing thats constantly moving and it causes u to spew.

our biology teacher alaways tells us random stuff like that so it isnt realy a lesson
RE: why - reading + car sick? by toddy on 03-21-2005 at 05:08 PM

quote:
why would they teach you that. how is it part of the curriculumn of biology or science??

but its information, thats what u get told at school :rolleyes:
RE: why - reading + car sick? by Naruto on 03-21-2005 at 05:09 PM

those kinf of thoings never happends to me... altough my mom always say "dont read when your are in movement or you will get dizzi"

RE: RE: why - reading + car sick? by M73A on 03-21-2005 at 05:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddler
quote:

but its information, thats what u get told at school :rolleyes:

lol, oh thats what school is for....my teacher is crap jus get told to copy and do questions. so lame:|
RE: why - reading + car sick? by L. Coyote on 03-21-2005 at 05:13 PM

Indeed, these random bits of information are often told as examples. My biology teacher used to tell us all kind of stuff, to make her classes interesting. :tongue:

RE: why - reading + car sick? by Ezra on 03-21-2005 at 05:15 PM

My Biology teacher was cool!, He always told us about things other than what our book said. He would just talk the whole hour :P

RE: why - reading + car sick? by M73A on 03-21-2005 at 05:16 PM

i used to like biology...last year my teacher just used to bring in his pet snakes....he had about 15, lol....they were all tamed, it was really kool......is there a website of like useless facts? lol

RE: why - reading + car sick? by King For A Day on 03-21-2005 at 05:28 PM

quote:
is there a website of like useless facts? lol

theres probly loads

our science teachers are a wierd mix, bio is great teaches well but shouts a lot, physics is realy clever but cant teach, (and he looks like bob from C4's teachers)
and chemistry is crap, he cant teach and cant control any of the chavs we have in our class, so we ignore him a lot. he also sounds like the guy from art attack,
He gave my friend a detention for shouting "Its an art attack" when the droped some blue chemical on the floor
RE: why - reading + car sick? by benellis2007 on 03-21-2005 at 05:31 PM

lol i get dat

RE: RE: why - reading + car sick? by M73A on 03-21-2005 at 06:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
quote:
is there a website of like useless facts? lol

theres probly loads

our science teachers are a wierd mix, bio is great teaches well but shouts a lot, physics is realy clever but cant teach, (and he looks like bob from C4's teachers)
and chemistry is crap, he cant teach and cant control any of the chavs we have in our class, so we ignore him a lot. he also sounds like the guy from art attack,
He gave my friend a detention for shouting "Its an art attack" when the droped some blue chemical on the floor

lol, my chemistry teacher is called barry.....well thats his first name, he hates being called it now ANYONE in the school that sees him shouts it. its so funny. and theres this fat r.s. teacher thats scottish so everyone shouts 'get in ma belly' like fat bastard sorta thing, lolol:rofl:
RE: why - reading + car sick? by Naruto on 03-21-2005 at 08:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
Indeed, these random bits of information are often told as examples. My biology teacher used to tell us all kind of stuff, to make her classes interesting. :tongue:
ya my teacher 2 physics does that 2 and my math teacher is hiting with the math book the people who aren't focus! it's funny :lol:
RE: why - reading + car sick? by .Roy on 03-21-2005 at 08:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Naruto
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
ya my teacher 2 physics does that 2 and my math teacher is hiting with the math book the people who aren't focus! it's funny :lol:

we have the same teachers :refuck:
anyway physics is really interesting. He teaches us why things happen. And how they work. Its so practical :P
RE: why - reading + car sick? by saralk on 03-21-2005 at 08:28 PM

My biology teacher is awesome.

One day he spent an hour talking about his teachers, the best line was

"my history teacher was ok, apart from the fact that he was a Nazi"

RE: why - reading + car sick? by .Roy on 03-21-2005 at 08:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
My biology teacher is awesome.

One day he spent an hour talking about his teachers, the best line was

"my history teacher was ok, apart from the fact that he was a Nazi"
I love it when teachers talk about not what they are teaching. Like our physics teacher always talks about.. Well i dont know how you call it in english but its like the thing that gets u into college. If u get good grades in this big test you get into a good college. So he always talks about how hard it is.. He is trying to frighten us
RE: why - reading + car sick? by King For A Day on 03-21-2005 at 08:52 PM

we have "wilkes" i call him kenath cos thats his name, hes our technology teacher and he is so usless!!! i f i need any help i just leave the lesson and asked another teacher, he gets so bullied by the wole group.

i have an amzing english teacher but shes totally mad, she so damn ecentric

RE: why - reading + car sick? by Eljay on 03-21-2005 at 08:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
we have "wilkes" i call him kenath cos thats his name, hes our technology teacher and he is so usless!!! i f i need any help i just leave the lesson and asked another teacher, he gets so bullied by the wole group.

i have a DT teacher like that called mr waggett, even his name is prone for terrorising :cheesy:
RE: why - reading + car sick? by Purity on 03-21-2005 at 09:45 PM

Bah, I never get sick over these kinda things...Most people start puking or something after spinning around in cirlces for 15 minutes....I don't....I don't get car sick, home sick, or any of that, I don't even get head aches, ever....

RE: RE: why - reading + car sick? by M73A on 03-21-2005 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
Bah, I never get sick over these kinda things...Most people start puking or something after spinning around in cirlces for 15 minutes....I don't....I don't get car sick, home sick, or any of that, I don't even get head aches, ever....

ah what. car sickness pissess me off big time. dont feel like im gonna be sick just some dodgy variant of being dizzy think feels like im gonna pass out or something *-)
RE: why - reading + car sick? by user27089 on 03-21-2005 at 09:57 PM

Well yeah, its could be because of a number of things, I don't suffer from this at all, I don't get sea-sick/car-sick whatever. Probably just the position that you're in that causes it, afaik, the fluids in your ears are what help you balance, this is why you get dizzy...

RE: why - reading + car sick? by Zephyr on 03-21-2005 at 11:01 PM

I hate it when this happens to me. I read the paper on the bus in the morning and i end up rading a sentence then looking up then another sentence because the headaches last for ages. I'm never sick though all get a splitting headache.