Shoutbox

Plus! seen as spyware?! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Plus! seen as spyware?! (/showthread.php?tid=40832)

Plus! seen as spyware?! by Super Dude on 03-21-2005 at 08:23 PM

Hey Hey,
My dad decided to use a spyware checker (i don't know which one, he's installed many.. *woot*) and it said :plus2: was some sort of spywear program and uninstalled it. Is there anyway to update/change the sypware definitions to stop :plus2: from being listed? I am an avid plus! user, and loved 3.5 while it was installed.. i'm going back to the last release until i can figure out how to stop those programs from picking it up (isn't a super big deal, but installing it every second day has become a pain :S )

Anyone got idea's on how to stop it from being listed?

Thanks,
S.D

RE: Plus! seen as spyware?! by Menthix on 03-21-2005 at 08:27 PM

We gonna need to know the name of the anti-spyware program before we can help. You can probally configure tis anti-spyware program to exclude Messenger Plus! somewhere.

RE: Plus! seen as spyware?! by Ahmad on 03-21-2005 at 08:28 PM

If you're using Microsoft AntiSpyware - then after scanning, select Ignore under MsgPlus!

RE: Plus! seen as spyware?! by Super Dude on 03-21-2005 at 08:38 PM

I'll check some logs and/or reinstall 3.5 and do scans with each program and see which ones pick it up.. It was either M$ Anit-spywear or Adaware SE that he used, because those are the ones that were used in the last week...

RE: Plus! seen as spyware?! by jvlppm on 03-21-2005 at 08:39 PM

some ppl (i know 4) dont use plus because of that, they think that spywares/adwares are instaled even if you chango to not install sponsor

thats really bad :( i cant send custom sounds to them :(

RE: Plus! seen as spyware?! by Menthix on 03-21-2005 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Super Dude
It was either MS Anit-spyware or Adaware SE that he used
It's probally MS Anti-Spyware then. Adaware will only detect the sponsor when you have it installed and not Plus! itself.

Follow Ahmed's instructions to ignore Plus! in MS Anti-Spyware.
RE: Plus! seen as spyware?! by Super Dude on 03-21-2005 at 08:45 PM

Done, twas MS Spyware *shakes fist*... thanks for the help! hopefully it won't happen anymore.. now to the task of retriving all those plugins... *woot*...

RE: Plus! seen as spyware?! by Patchou on 03-22-2005 at 12:15 AM

there surely is a way.. if many people complain, companies who see Messenger Plus! as dangerous will need to reconsider their position, test Plus! for 5 minutes and see that they were wrong, so, write to them! :).