Shoutbox

Increase keyboard shortcut for emoticon character amount - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Increase keyboard shortcut for emoticon character amount (/showthread.php?tid=40833)

Increase keyboard shortcut for emoticon character amount by .Roy on 03-21-2005 at 08:42 PM

well i want to use a keyboard shortcut for the emoticon :refuck like this : refuck :
without spaces. But there is a max character limit. Can someone make a plugin to remove it.

RE: Increase keyboard shortcut for emoticon character amount by M73A on 03-21-2005 at 08:51 PM

yea. i keep forgetting what i shorten words to its really annoying. id be greatfull to anyone who made this. thanks:D

RE: Increase keyboard shortcut for emoticon character amount by Eljay on 03-21-2005 at 08:54 PM

well one easy solution is to put it as something else (e.g blah)

then make a word filter : refuck: -> blah on outgoing messages

:)

RE: Increase keyboard shortcut for emoticon character amount by CookieRevised on 03-21-2005 at 08:56 PM

Or make a quicktext.

(!REFUCK)

RE: Increase keyboard shortcut for emoticon character amount by Purity on 03-21-2005 at 09:40 PM

I think it would be better to increase the amout of characters....:-/ Just my opinion ....:tongue:

RE: Increase keyboard shortcut for emoticon character amount by CookieRevised on 03-21-2005 at 10:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
I think it would be better to increase the amout of characters....
Of course increasing charaters would be the solution but you can't do that for now, that has to be done by the programmers of Messenger itself.... We were just listing possible solutions to help out the OP. ;)
RE: Increase keyboard shortcut for emoticon character amount by .Roy on 03-23-2005 at 12:45 PM

Lee ill try what you said! Thanks

RE: Increase keyboard shortcut for emoticon character amount by John Anderton on 03-23-2005 at 12:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Of course increasing charaters would be the solution but you can't do that for now, that has to be done by the programmers of Messenger itself.... We were just listing possible solutions to help out the OP.
:undecided:
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery

Good idea ...... i can use that for a few of my emotes :P
Thx ;)
RE: Increase keyboard shortcut for emoticon character amount by M73A on 03-23-2005 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery

:)

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Or make a quicktext.

(!REFUCK)
HEY GOOD IDEA!!!! wish id fort of that :undecided: thanks. im gonna take your adivce on that one:)
RE: Increase keyboard shortcut for emoticon character amount by Kowell on 03-24-2005 at 02:05 PM

well....since you can the quick emoticon panel each time you type (....there isn't really much time lost there bu just typing ( and clicking your emoticon

RE: Increase keyboard shortcut for emoticon character amount by albert on 03-24-2005 at 02:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kowell
well....since you can the quick emoticon panel each time you type (....there isn't really much time lost there bu just typing ( and clicking your emoticon

I personaly don't like that so much..
I dont like using my mouse when chatting.. I mostly use keyboard only..

I think the word filter solution would be better, but just my 2 cents ;-)