Shoutbox

Custom Contact Names with Two or More Participants - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Custom Contact Names with Two or More Participants (/showthread.php?tid=40845)

Custom Contact Names with Two or More Participants by Lumps on 03-21-2005 at 10:30 PM

When i have custom names enabled.. everything is fine... . but when there are 2 or more participants in the convo and they are both typing... the custom names turn into email addresses at the bottom where it says whoever is writing a message.... if its only 1 person writing a message.. its fine...

Im using MSN Messenger 7.0632 with MSG plus! 3.5

LUMPS!!*-)

RE: Custom Contact Names with Two or More Participants by mwe99 on 03-21-2005 at 11:43 PM

That happens in mine too... maybe because of if you don't have the other participants added to your msn they can't see your nick.

RE: Custom Contact Names with Two or More Participants by Patchou on 03-22-2005 at 06:53 PM

I'll check that out, thanks for reporting

RE: Custom Contact Names with Two or More Participants by GroteSmurf on 03-28-2005 at 08:32 AM

Hi!

This has nothing to do with MSN Messenger 7 or Messenger Plus! 3.5. I saw the same effect a while ago with MSN Messenger 6.2 and an older version of Messenger Plus! I never thought it was a bug and therefore I did not report it :-$.

Nevertheless it would be nice to see the custom names of your contacts if they are both writing a message. Although there is in my opinion one possible problem with this: if you are using long custom names for your contacts, there might not be enough space in the chatwindow to display both names when they are writing a new message and in that case you won't even see that the second person is writing something. Maybe that displaying the email adresses is somehow better!? :-)

RE: Custom Contact Names with Two or More Participants by Volv on 03-28-2005 at 12:05 PM

Actually, I'd like to report a similar bug related to custom names. If you look at the screenshot below you'll notice that an emoticon appears in the middle of their email, which doesnt really make sense seeing its a @hotmail.com email and therefore shouldnt trigger any emoticons.

You'll notice that the user's Personal Message is set to :) which is an emoticon and that the emoticon in the email appears at the same offset in the "To: Lauren - :) <xxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com>" as the offset of the emoticon had the user not been given a custom name.

I hope you understood what I've written lol

[Image: pluscustomnamebug5ze.jpg]

RE: Custom Contact Names with Two or More Participants by xsRush on 03-28-2005 at 01:04 PM

It's always displayed the e-mail address for me when more then two people are typing at once.

I just thought that's how it worked.

Would be nice if it did show the custom name when more then two are typing at the same time.