Shoutbox

webcam and messenger 7 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: webcam and messenger 7 (/showthread.php?tid=40849)

webcam and messenger 7 by wacky on 03-21-2005 at 11:11 PM

hrmf.. hopefully this will be my last question :mipdodgy:

I searched for a little and couldnt find anything about this so not sure if there is already a thread. I hope not :-/

But yeah.. when I use my webcam with msn messenger 6.2, it works fine and all but when I use 7, it freezes about a minute after I opened it. It did this when I got 7 a while ago so I went back to 6.2 and I wanted to give it a try again but it still gives me that bug.. well not even sure if its really a bug. I know I dont have the greatest computer but would it be my computer that causes this? Cuz using 7 lags a little :-/ Or is it something else? *-) Cus others can use their cam fine even with 7..

RE: webcam and messenger 7 by M73A on 03-21-2005 at 11:12 PM

i had this problem, i started webcams, and after like 10 seconds they would close.....if i then logged into 6.2 they would work fine.... im not sure what caused it though:S sorry..

RE: webcam and messenger 7 by jren207 on 03-21-2005 at 11:47 PM

How fast is your connection, I have ADSL at 512k and it doesn't freeze with me...?

RE: webcam and messenger 7 by wacky on 03-22-2005 at 12:04 AM

256k.. dont think its my connection really. Works fine for others that have the same or even less :-/

RE: webcam and messenger 7 by jren207 on 03-22-2005 at 12:05 AM

Have a firewall?

RE: webcam and messenger 7 by Joa on 03-22-2005 at 12:16 AM

the only problem i ever had was that msn beta didn't want to recognize that i have a webcam :undecided:

but here is some stuff that might help u hopefully...

try to see if there are any driver updates for your webcam. go to the official site and check there..

if you have windows XP -> you have service pack 2 right? ..also get the newest directx
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...197&displaylang=en

something stupid but meh - try to install the webcam again after you already instal msn 7 onto u'r computer. :S

RE: webcam and messenger 7 by phy on 03-22-2005 at 12:43 AM

Umm that happens to me too but I'm using 6.2. I tried re-installing 7.0 because that's what I was using originally but it just freezes the minute i open up a conversation. And with 6.2, I can't transfer any files or anything - again it just freezes :S

RE: webcam and messenger 7 by wacky on 03-22-2005 at 01:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
Have a firewall?
no..
quote:
Originally posted by Joa
the only problem i ever had was that msn beta didn't want to recognize that i have a webcam :undecided:

but here is some stuff that might help u hopefully...

try to see if there are any driver updates for your webcam. go to the official site and check there..

if you have windows XP -> you have service pack 2 right? ..also get the newest directx
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...197&displaylang=en

something stupid but meh - try to install the webcam again after you already instal msn 7 onto u'r computer. :S
I dont have XP and I dont believe its to do with my cam it just uses a usb port and I dont use any program to make it run with messenger

RE: webcam and messenger 7 by mwe99 on 03-22-2005 at 03:06 AM

When i see other people's cams and they shut it off.. my msn crashes and i have to CTRL + ALT + Del to close it off :(

RE: webcam and messenger 7 by albert on 03-22-2005 at 03:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wacky
hrmf.. hopefully this will be my last question :mipdodgy:

I searched for a little and couldnt find anything about this so not sure if there is already a thread. I hope not :-/

But yeah.. when I use my webcam with msn messenger 6.2, it works fine and all but when I use 7, it freezes about a minute after I opened it. It did this when I got 7 a while ago so I went back to 6.2 and I wanted to give it a try again but it still gives me that bug.. well not even sure if its really a bug. I know I dont have the greatest computer but would it be my computer that causes this? Cuz using 7 lags a little :-/ Or is it something else? *-) Cus others can use their cam fine even with 7..

Got the same problem with Msn 7.0 & +  .. I really don't know what the problem is though, if you find out, dont be shy to send me a pm ;-)
RE: webcam and messenger 7 by Joa on 03-22-2005 at 03:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wacky
I dont have XP and I dont believe its to do with my cam it just uses a usb port and I dont use any program to make it run with messenger
which windows version do you have?

edit: nwm.. i thought that maybe if it is a version below xp.. maybe the beta msn needs windows messenger components to work properly :S.. but i searched and found no info on anything like that.
maybe this would also be the cause for the 'File Not Found' error with the screenshot sender :S

sorry wacky :( .. hopefully somebody will help you out better.

i still kinda think that it may have something to do with missing .dll's or something that comes with windows messenger :-/
RE: webcam and messenger 7 by wacky on 03-22-2005 at 09:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
maybe this would also be the cause for the 'File Not Found' error with the screenshot sender :S

sorry wacky :( .. hopefully somebody will help you out better.

i still kinda think that it may have something to do with missing .dll's or something that comes with windows messenger :-/
well I think the "file not found" error was cuz the file was simply in the wrong place and I couldnt find it, etc

but I dont believe its really to do with the .dll's seeing as it does it for some others but their comp is surely better than mine