Shoutbox

Computer Problems (Hardware) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Computer Problems (Hardware) (/showthread.php?tid=40930)

Computer Problems (Hardware) by Phrive on 03-22-2005 at 08:53 PM

As some may have noticed i aint been on for ages, partly becauce iv been busy, partly becaice my computer is f**ked

And this is my problem
I needed to reboot my computer cos it was annoyin me, so i went to, i put in my master cd, which packard bell lets u make to save 2 gig, i did this, and becauce i done it ages ago, and i dont look after cds its scratched to bits. so it formatted my hard drive 75%, and wudnt go no more, which was a bit of a problem really.

So i used a XP Pro disk to get my computer running instead, it all works fine, but the sound dosent work ( i need a multimedia audio controller) and also when i scroll through things it is blocky and dosent just scroll down smoothly, this is not becauce its slow, becauce it was fine before.

These are the bits of hardware i have missing:
Ethernet Controller
PCI Modem
SM Bus Controller
Multimedia Audio Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

I have these missing so it is odviously to do with those, i have searched for these for ages, and have never found anything that has worked

So if anyone has experienced things like this, or knows how to sort them i would be very very happy with that person

Thanx Phrive

RE: Computer Problems (Hardware) by M73A on 03-22-2005 at 09:01 PM

did you have a seperate driver disk? thats what ive got. ive got windows xp disk and a seperate drivers disk with display, sound network, etc etc....

RE: Computer Problems (Hardware) by Phrive on 03-23-2005 at 04:42 PM

I has the boot floppy disk, and 3 mater cds with all the nessecary file 2 reboot on, and the 1st disk is too scratched to work

RE: Computer Problems (Hardware) by Caboose on 03-23-2005 at 04:44 PM

Try and find out the manufacturers of those products and go to their website and look for drivers to download.

RE: Computer Problems (Hardware) by Sunshine on 03-23-2005 at 04:50 PM

The downside of buyin a computer on wich all is installed already...also reason why i never buy such again (i had a PB once, it came with restore cd's..if you use those all partitions etc. you made will be gone..also you have to update windows etc. again).

But anyways as Caboose already said: find out wich products they are exactly (manufacturers and type, it will probably tell you when you go to controlpanel > system > hardware) and go on a driver hunt..it's the only way :(

RE: Computer Problems (Hardware) by The_Thief on 03-23-2005 at 04:52 PM

Have you tried going to the Packard Bell website?

RE: Computer Problems (Hardware) by Phrive on 03-23-2005 at 06:41 PM

Yeah i tried em all, ill search a bit more, but i couldnt find them before

RE: Computer Problems (Hardware) by matty on 03-23-2005 at 07:25 PM

Phrive:

Please answer this questions and I will help you out.

1) What Country do you live in?
2) Is it a desktop or a laptop?

3) What is the series of your PC (Not as important as question 4)
4) What is the model number?

I will provide links to the drivers you need if you can answer those questions for me.

Matty

RE: Computer Problems (Hardware) by The_Thief on 03-23-2005 at 08:34 PM

Have you tried going to windowsupdate.com and seeing if microsoft has updated drivers for your pc?

RE: Computer Problems (Hardware) by lizard.boy on 03-24-2005 at 03:54 AM

if you feel like you trust yourslef take the parts out of the computer and look for manufatures names, thats what i did with my sisters, dell soundcard

RE: Computer Problems (Hardware) by Phrive on 03-24-2005 at 02:56 PM

1) What Country do you live in? England
2) Is it a desktop or a laptop? Desktop
3) What is the series of your PC? Imedia
4) What is the model number? 5167

I have my system credentials

Serial Number: (not really needed)
Model: I Media 5167
Microprocessor: AMD Athlon Xp 2600+
Hard Disk: 80 GB Hard Disk (but when i installed xp. it seperated it into two)
Motherboard: Nova

If you can sort it then u truely are a legend, and i will love you forever :P

I Fixed It YAY!!