Shoutbox

What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? (/showthread.php?tid=40960)

What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by Joa on 03-23-2005 at 03:31 AM

I know this is a painful kinda thread, but share. You can be as detailed as you want, so long as you are not breaking any forum rules...

Anything from a splinter to a near death experience.

Tell how it happened, why it happened, when.. - anything u want. It doesn't necessarily have to be some form of accident, it can aslo be your worst sickness :S

* Joa sort of regrets being so curious :|

We will probably get a few very gruesome stories here :S

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by Caboose on 03-23-2005 at 03:36 AM

I broke my leg when I was young... that's probably the worst. Oh, and I tripped on something and slammed my head into the edge of a coffee table. Right on the edge. I was in the hospital for a little while...

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by prashker on 03-23-2005 at 03:50 AM

I hit my head on a table when I was youch crawling away.

Denying to take medicine.

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by ~INVASION~ on 03-23-2005 at 03:56 AM

already explained this one, I cant find the thread where i explained it and tbh im too dam lazy to type it all out again, But its a bloody tale thats for sure ;)

I dont think Joa wants to hear it again but basically it was a dog bite from a rotty:P

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by J.J on 03-23-2005 at 04:02 AM

I was at the footy watching a Carlton vs Essendon match...

I went to go get some chips...and i came back to where my family, and family friends were sitting. So i wouldn't bug anyone to move, so i could get through, i decided to go through the row infront...(because the chairs are really close together and nobody was in the row infront of us)

Then i stood on the chair, and as i was about to go over it, it flipped back on me and my chips with tomato sauce flew up into the air and all over my mum and my leg got stuck in the chair...

My mum was mad till she realised later than i was in alot of pain. She told me do take off my shoe and show her my foot...and it was swallen...

I ended up getting carried to first aid where they said that i tore something in my foot (bah i can't remember it was that long ago)...

I was piggy backed back to the car - mind you the car was parked ages away from the ground :dodgy:. and i had to hobble on one foot for a week :undecided:

Wasn't a pleasant experience but carlton won so my foot didn't hurt as much as it would have if we lost :rolleyes:

But that taught me never to stand on those stupid flip chairs...:dodgy:

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by mwe99 on 03-23-2005 at 04:16 AM

LOL sorry TD i know i'm mean but it did have me giggling :P

Mine was proberly when i fell off the climbing apparatus at Pre-School and broke my arm... i yelled :P ... alot

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by L. Coyote on 03-23-2005 at 04:39 AM

I always fell from my beds from age 2 to age 7. :P I always ended up with a huge forehead.

Once, when I was 3yo, my mom was still going to college (she was 23-25, I think). It was very late, I was sleepy/sleeping in "bed", my mom was studying not far from the living room.
We slept at our grandma's house, in the living room (it had one of those couch-beds).
I fell from bed and hit my head hard on the floor. My mom got scared and started running towards where I was, and she got tangled up in the many chairs around her, and she fell too and broke her leg. :tongue: (A) I didn't mean to!
That was the only time I can remember that I actually bleeded when I fell from a bed.

At age 2 I fell from the stairs in my babywalker at another house (my grandma's too, we later moved to the other hour (stairless :P)). Nothing happened to me, just a huge forehead. :rofl:

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by -dt- on 03-23-2005 at 05:00 AM

umm wehn i was young i was jumping in some leaves , they were really sharp so one of them went straight into my leg and it was really close to the bone so I has minor surgry to get it out then it was really sore :(

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by Hank on 03-23-2005 at 05:06 AM

i wouldnt say death ,, but i been close to it 2 times,  My sister rolled a VT Holden Commodore while i was the passenger, the way the Car Rolled ( yes we had a small fishing boat on the back which didnt break off ) but the way the car Rolled back onto its wheels we were damm lucky the Car didnt explode as it had a full Tank of Gas an Petrol, in it,

secondly,  suffering from Cancer being lucky they found it in time before nothing could be done about ti,

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by paperless on 03-23-2005 at 05:08 AM

ROFL at Leo's one.

my worst...hum...probably once when i was riding a bycicle and i jumped to the front and hit the floor with my chin

I also remmeber another one which i have a scar that was made with a little rock i remmeber i bleeded a lot..
But blah fortunately i never broke nothing :D

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by Joa on 03-24-2005 at 05:17 AM

i already told one of the worst injuries i sustained in a forum in T & T :tongue:

but here's another one. its not THAT bad, but it still is pretty bad. i was probably like 10-12. and i was running after my friend and had to climb this metal fence to catch up. the top of the fence had spikes, cuz it was around a private property. i got over it ok, but a guard came out and started yelling and threatening us that he would sent the dogs out at us, so me and my friend started climbing like crazy to get out... he jumped over the edge, and i tried to but i grabbed the spikes with my hand, so as i jumped over i put pressure on the spikes and they went into my hand :| i flipped onto the other side and was left hunging there with my hand stuck on the spikes. my friend freaked out, and i did too sort of but i somehow managed to unpin myself and my bloody hand from the fence. .. but now i dont even have scars from it though.

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by st0rm on 03-24-2005 at 06:38 AM

my worst injury is a toss up between almost breaking my back motox riding when i was 9, and even though this isnt much of an injury, getting my stomach pumped when i was 3 cuz i took a heap of tablets thinking they were lollies hehe near death experience i think it was. i get called a druggo for it now though haha

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by Naruto on 03-24-2005 at 06:43 AM

I broke my hand when I was 5 years old I fell from 2 meters hight and fell on my hand.... Ican still remember the pain

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by user44571 on 03-25-2005 at 02:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
i already told one of the worst injuries i sustained in a forum in T & T :tongue:

but here's another one. its not THAT bad, but it still is pretty bad. i was probably like 10-12. and i was running after my friend and had to climb this metal fence to catch up. the top of the fence had spikes, cuz it was around a private property. i got over it ok, but a guard came out and started yelling and threatening us that he would sent the dogs out at us, so me and my friend started climbing like crazy to get out... he jumped over the edge, and i tried to but i grabbed the spikes with my hand, so as i jumped over i put pressure on the spikes and they went into my hand :| i flipped onto the other side and was left hunging there with my hand stuck on the spikes. my friend freaked out, and i did too sort of but i somehow managed to unpin myself and my bloody hand from the fence. .. but now i dont even have scars from it though.
OUCH>.<

im lucky, ive never sprained or broken a thing, althoughi got ny leg jammed in a step, fell forward, and since my leg was jammed it almost forced my leg to split into two

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by .Roy on 03-25-2005 at 02:40 PM

i broke my hand once.. Actually i really broke it! My wrist like popped out! I had to take surgery on my hand. I didnt feel anything cuz they drugged me to sleep :P

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by Eljay on 03-25-2005 at 02:42 PM

when i was about 10 in school there were gypsies in the fields by my school (they come every year for some reason :P) but when they leave they leave all their junk behind

and i was clamberin over the pile of junk and i slipped on a door and cut my wrist on a hinge

it was like 1cm away from the main artery so i was really lucky to survive but it didnt hurt because it split a nerve which means i didnt actually feel it.

i had stitches and a sling for about a month :(

and the worst thing about it... it was right at the end of the school year so the first 3 weeks of my holiday were ruined :(:(:(

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by user44571 on 03-25-2005 at 02:43 PM

i also tripped over and forced my head into a metal chair, it gave me a lump on my head  :tongue: and when i was singing in choir, i fainted and fell into the girl behind me, the next time i fainted in choir i just dropped to the floor:P

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by King For A Day on 03-25-2005 at 02:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
umm wehn i was young i was jumping in some leaves , they were really sharp so one of them went straight into my leg and it was really close to the bone so I has minor surgry to get it out then it was really sore :(

sharp leaves? crazy

i once broke my toe in the swimming pool and it got infected and i had a veruca on it for ages, it cleared up but my little toe nail is all messed up now :(

* King For A Day has had now other bad injuries once a few years ago when a stupid chav in my class for no reason punched me in technology, i was winded very badly and i blacked out cos i couldnt breathe. when i came round i was told i had hit my head on a massive solid metal drill. then a bench with a metal edging, and then on the solid tiled floor. I spent 5 hours waiting for x-rays in casualty

the chav wasnt even suspended he got one after school detention for it. bloody shit justice

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by albert on 03-25-2005 at 02:51 PM

I already posted mine in another thread.. so I wont repeat it.. :)

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by -dt- on 03-25-2005 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
I already posted mine in another thread.. so I wont repeat it.. :)
what was the use in that post then? you didnt even link us to it
RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by Rik on 03-25-2005 at 03:16 PM

I think that the worst injury that i sofer was when i was 7 years old...
i was climbing a stair...i unbalance and i was going to fall with my head down...but my feet was stuck in the step...i was up say down for 2 minutes and half until my feet left the step (then i fall out)
I was hurt of my back 1 moth(and some more weeks)!!!

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by toddy on 03-25-2005 at 04:43 PM

erm....don't kno don't quite alot of bad things

broken my shoulder whilst playin rugby, and had to play the rest of the game with it broken :dodgy: that was painful

when i was a kid had to have 24 stitches in my head, when i tried jumping from my table to the kitchen counter. don't really remember that tho :P

erm....torn quite a few muscles, they hurt but u can live with the pain.

worse was probably shoulder, but tearing a muscle in my leg was most annoying. couldn't walk for like 2/3 weeks :@

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by amsie on 03-25-2005 at 05:08 PM

ive been hit by a car :) it well hurt i was in elm park in between a zebra crossing and some trqafic lights and a bus was parked up and i could see behind it so i just ran out cauze im a stupid idiot :P

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by dylan! on 03-25-2005 at 05:12 PM

hmmm well im one of the stupid crazy people that will try anything and i tried skateboarding down my 14 basement stairs and broke a arm and cut my head open iv gotten so many stiches before all over but the funnest was at school a higher grade kid was chasing me(i was tempting him)and i jumped down off the monkey bars and ran my fastest turned around to see where he was he wasnt to close and when i turned backaround i ran into a pole dead on and blacked out for a couple seconds and got sent home with a huge goose egg and a headache:P

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by amsie on 03-25-2005 at 05:17 PM

ouch   ive done that before except with a bin i was running from this girl she smells and is fat and looks like a man and she was chasin me and i turned round and ran straight into a bin full on then smaked me head on the floor i blacked out for a few seconds but all i had was a bump on my head :P got the week off skool though :D

RE: What's the worst injury you have ever sustained? by Mr. Gary on 03-25-2005 at 05:38 PM

well, the worst thing to me was:

i was ridding my bike, very fast :p

and there was a curve, with a lot of pebbles, and the bike didn't stood rolling so, i get out of it flying :s

then i fell to the floor and hit my chin, it was a lot of blood, but i didn't cry, becuase there was not pain!

i was very lucky because the doctor said i was near to die :|