Shoutbox

Little idea? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Little idea? (/showthread.php?tid=41022)

Little idea? by res6jya6 on 03-23-2005 at 08:27 PM

Everyone loves to show off the music their listening... Maybe Patchou would consider releasing the next version of MSG Plus with a feature that adds the current song you are listening to from your media player (iTunes, Windows Media, WinAmp) to the end of your screen name? I know that Yahoo has the feature for Launchcast... I just thought it would be a neat little idea...

RE: Little idea? by frankiedaman on 03-23-2005 at 08:29 PM

I think there is an MSN plugin that already does this. It appends what song your listening to in your nick and updates at selected periods

Update : I've found out 2 plugins that can do this job. Winamp Song Changer and Song2Nick for Messenger plus. This is explained in the mess.be FAQ - link here:)

RE: Little idea? by Joa on 03-23-2005 at 08:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by res6jya6
Everyone loves to show off the music their listening... Maybe Patchou would consider releasing the next version of MSG Plus with a feature that adds the current song you are listening to from your media player (iTunes, Windows Media, WinAmp) to the end of your screen name? I know that Yahoo has the feature for Launchcast... I just thought it would be a neat little idea...

isn't the new msn supposed to have that feature?
RE: Little idea? by mwe99 on 03-23-2005 at 08:31 PM

Yeah, the new MSN has the "turn what im listening to" on feature :) and there's a plugin for WinAmp i believe ...

edit: Unless he means the add the current song to the send custom files menu... which has already been discussed :)

[Image: turnon2dh.jpg]

RE: Little idea? by albert on 03-23-2005 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
quote:

isn't the new msn supposed to have that feature?

ye isnt it already doing this? or arent we understanding what he means?
RE: Little idea? by King For A Day on 03-23-2005 at 08:37 PM

i thought he ment into forum sigs then i re read it, he means like in the new msn, but in the nickname like those plugins do

RE: Little idea? by res6jya6 on 03-23-2005 at 08:40 PM

No, everyone is right... Builds 7.0604+ have the "What I am Listening To" feature built in... Stupid me, using the Microsoft issued Beta's... Just downloaded 7.0632 so it's all good...

RE: Little idea? by albert on 03-23-2005 at 08:42 PM

:| I think we just screwed ourselves.. saying we using at least the 7.0.0632 version *-)

RE: Little idea? by Tobeon on 03-25-2005 at 09:46 AM

quote:
No, everyone is right... Builds 7.0604+ have the "What I am Listening To" feature built in... Stupid me, using the Microsoft issued Beta's... Just downloaded 7.0632 so it's all good...

Where do you get version 7.0604+ etc I have 7.0.0429 and I just re downloaded it from the msn website :s
RE: Little idea? by Kruxx on 03-25-2005 at 02:30 PM

^^^ We're not supposed to actually have any build higher than that, so I doubt anybody will be giving you links

RE: Little idea? by Tobeon on 03-25-2005 at 02:36 PM

awwww :(

RE: Little idea? by King For A Day on 03-25-2005 at 02:40 PM

i searched google and it came up but we arnt supposed to have it so we cant give you links

RE: Little idea? by Idium on 03-25-2005 at 03:16 PM

those builds are essentially old and flawed (illegal) builds