Shoutbox

Messenger Plus email settings - I dont like it! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus email settings - I dont like it! (/showthread.php?tid=41043)

Messenger Plus email settings - I dont like it! by nitharsan on 03-23-2005 at 11:15 PM

i dont like msn email (pop) settings

as they are not the same as MSN versions...

they just tell you how much email you got from time to time.. and it is really annoying me to see that the same # emails showing up every time.

Could there be another version which pops you up when someone emails you..

LIKE the current default version of MSN.

RE: Messenger Plus email settings by M73A on 03-23-2005 at 11:16 PM

sorry what dont you like? the toast messages about your inbox?

- sorry your post probably does make sense.. just not to me :undecided:

RE: Messenger Plus email settings - I dont like it! by nitharsan on 03-23-2005 at 11:21 PM

well it says in the dialogue, ...

[Image: dialogue.JPG]

It would have been clear if it said it only checks for how much mail you have every (# of minutes) you choose.

RE: Messenger Plus email settings - I dont like it! by nitharsan on 03-24-2005 at 03:03 PM

its not a big deal

RE: Messenger Plus email settings - I dont like it! by albert on 03-24-2005 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nitharsan
its not a big deal

oh u realized... ??!
RE: Messenger Plus email settings - I dont like it! by Impheatus on 03-24-2005 at 07:24 PM

Mmmmhhh... i guess i know what nitharasan is trying to say...
You mean that you would like Plus! to have an operation that checks if NEW mail has just arrived, instead of telling you every "x" minutes (10 minutes in your screenshot) that you just have mail in your inbox, either if it is new or not...
This could be done by implementig an operation like this i think:
x = last numer of messages
y = new number of messages

if (x = y) {
}
if (x =! y) {
notifyNewMail
}

or something like that... am i wrong?

You're right, this would be a nice feature.

RE: Messenger Plus email settings - I dont like it! by saralk on 03-25-2005 at 11:33 AM

I tihnk he wants alerts similar to the way hotmail does it.

So if you have a new e-mail, it will check to see who its from and tell you that you have a new e-mail from whoever.

RE: Messenger Plus email settings - I dont like it! by nitharsan on 03-25-2005 at 02:27 PM

exactly...

what was that equation you were doing ther? :S

RE: Messenger Plus email settings - I dont like it! by albert on 03-25-2005 at 03:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
I tihnk he wants alerts similar to the way hotmail does it.

So if you have a new e-mail, it will check to see who its from and tell you that you have a new e-mail from whoever.

oki then I apologize for my sarcasm Nitharsan..

RE: Messenger Plus email settings - I dont like it! by Ahmad on 03-25-2005 at 04:02 PM

Gmail Notifier:

http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/index.html