Shoutbox

Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha (/showthread.php?tid=41049)

Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by M73A on 03-24-2005 at 12:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sky News

ULTIMATE ALARM CLOCK
It's the ultimate early morning alarm call for those too tired or lazy to get out of bed.

Scientists have built an intelligent alarm clock that runs and hides after the snooze button is pressed so that the sleeper has to get out of bed to find it in the bedroom to turn it off again.

The 'Clocky' clock does not give the restless a five minute break and then an opportunity to turn it off again for another five minutes by using the snooze button repeatedly.

Instead it zooms into action.

It rolls off the bedside table and uses its wheels drive off and find a hiding place somewhere in the room.

It is also programmed to go to a different hiding place each time it is used so there would be no chance of throwing a pillow at it to cover it up.

Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, in Boston, also claim that their invention will motivate the worst sleep-in offenders whose brain will be forced to become awake and alert.

i want one of these, would be amusing...well im sure its not if your asleep but ya know, still sounds fun:)
RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by albert on 03-24-2005 at 12:29 AM

:| the thing better be big so we can see it.. if not there's no way im loosing time searching for it!

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by J.J on 03-24-2005 at 12:29 AM

If someone got me that...id end up throwing it against the wall when i found it :P

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by paperless on 03-24-2005 at 12:30 AM

I do something seemed ;) i put it far away from bed so i have to wake up, turn on the lights and go turn it off i get less sleepy that way.

I think people with that alarms will just get tired after some days...

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by Joa on 03-24-2005 at 12:34 AM

LOL.. thats great.

but seriously i'd probably throw it out the window. :| i get annoyed enough with my regular alarm clocks.

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by M73A on 03-24-2005 at 12:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
LOL.. thats great.

but seriously i'd probably throw it out the window. :| i get annoyed enough with my regular alarm clocks.

lol yea same here, i used to does the same as paperless but now its right next to my bed:) half the time i dont remember turning it off because im not awake enough, lol
RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by paperless on 03-24-2005 at 12:37 AM

heres something i usually do..i put it to ring (or whatever is the word in eng.) around 7:45.

When it reaches that time i wake up go get it, turn it off and set it to ring at 7:50 and then it rings again and i put it for 8:00 and sometimes i keep doing this until i reach like 8:10  :lol:

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by albert on 03-24-2005 at 12:38 AM

lol hey that would be funny.. ur dad so happy gets u it for ur bday.. comes in next day sees it on the floor in 4 pieces :|

you still sleeping.. (s)
:lol:

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by jren207 on 03-24-2005 at 12:49 AM

What happens if it decided to hide near where you get out of bed and you stood on it :P

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by Mr. Gary on 03-24-2005 at 12:56 AM

wu!

i want one of those, where do you buy them??? :lol:

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by jren207 on 03-24-2005 at 01:14 AM

I hope they test it properly first, or else there could be some freak alarm clock incident :P

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by M73A on 03-24-2005 at 01:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
I hope they test it properly first, or else there could be some freak alarm clock incident :P

hahahahahaha if i got one my dog would probably attack it.
RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by blackjack on 03-24-2005 at 01:34 AM

OMG :lol: this would be amazing in my room.. but at the same time i will crash it against the floor :P i dont like disturbs when im sleeping :^)

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by st0rm on 03-24-2005 at 06:43 AM

i dont need an alarmclock really, i got my fone an when i dont use my fone my dad usually comes into my room and shakes me until i wake up, it hurts:( ahaha but i want one! id be mad to take to a friends place to annoy the crap outta them haha

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by tamtummie on 03-24-2005 at 10:17 AM

wouldn't work for me, if I can't reach the alarmclock from my bed I just put my pillow over my ears, pretend I don't hear it, and continue sleeping... (for about 5 mins, then I'm so annoyed I go put it off, and then continue sleeping ;)).

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by ayjay on 03-24-2005 at 10:21 AM

:lol: this is hilarious! :P

I always put my alarm far from my bed so I have no option but to get up :P

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by user44571 on 03-24-2005 at 10:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
If someone got me that...id end up throwing it against the wall when i found it :P
ahmen, ive got one of the worst cases of sleeping in, a.k.a, if i ever come into contact with that machine i'll rip out its microchips and throw it into a wall, nobody interupts my sleeping time:P
RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by Tobeon on 03-25-2005 at 03:07 PM

I use mywakeuptunes, as that way I have to get out of bed and hit the keyboard if I want to put it onto snooze :)

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by .Roy on 03-25-2005 at 03:12 PM

My parents wake me up! so i dont need this. I have the best alarm *parents ever lol

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by Sunshine on 03-25-2005 at 03:41 PM

It better be very shockproof :chrongue:

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by John Anderton on 03-25-2005 at 04:10 PM

I need someone to wake me up cause unless its an exam or i have to go out somewhere important, i dont get up early in the morning by my self. This would be a gr8 thing imo especially 4 me :cheesy: But sometimes i sleep after 1 at nite and when the alarm rings at 6.30 am then i go accross the room, shut it off and goto sleep :P
So i think this could be good. If it undergoes production and comes to the market then id buy it (Y) :grin:

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by brian on 03-26-2005 at 02:29 PM

It would be funny if it goes the wrong way, and you are sleeping naked! 8-)

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by King For A Day on 03-26-2005 at 03:09 PM

it would eat batteries though, and my carpet is thick and coverd with junk and the floors uneven cos its an old house would be crap for me it would just get stuck

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by M73A on 03-26-2005 at 03:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
I need someone to wake me up cause unless its an exam or i have to go out somewhere important, i dont get up early in the morning by my self. This would be a gr8 thing imo especially 4 me :cheesy: But sometimes i sleep after 1 at nite and when the alarm rings at 6.30 am then i go accross the room, shut it off and goto sleep :P
So i think this could be good. If it undergoes production and comes to the market then id buy it (Y) :grin:

lol i know the feeling....my parents are cool though, they try 3 times to wake me up if im not up after that i get the day off, lololol:D:D:D:D
RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by lopardo on 03-26-2005 at 05:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
quote:
Originally posted by Joa
LOL.. thats great.

lol yea same here, i used to does the same as paperless but now its right next to my bed:) half the time i dont remember turning it off because im not awake enough, lol

That's me!! :lol:

And then when I finally wake up 2 hours later, I'm like "wtf? look at the time!!" :P
RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by Anubis on 03-26-2005 at 06:53 PM

I usually get up when my alarm goes off. After a few weeks of getting used to the alarm I always start to wake up about 5 seconds before the alarm goes off...I guess I realise the time or something :s

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by mwe99 on 03-26-2005 at 06:56 PM

Probably get launced out the window once i found it (A)... would make a great birthday present for someone you're not too keen on though (6)

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by Odium696 on 03-27-2005 at 04:42 AM

It could work for me.
LOL:P

I whant one!!!(y)

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by Pyroteq on 03-27-2005 at 06:53 AM

I need one of those, except it would probly roll out my door and fall off the landing above the stairs and break. Meh.

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by danellis on 03-27-2005 at 11:00 AM

lmao thats cool :D:D

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by user44571 on 03-28-2005 at 07:42 AM

i think it would just be annoying

RE: Would this wake you up? new Smart alarm, hahaha by NiteMare on 03-28-2005 at 08:14 AM

it wouldn't get a foot from my bed with out getting stuck in my junk, i think they should invent an alarm clock that has ether 17 different snooze button and only 1 of them works each time, or on that continusly pokes you with NO snooze button