Shoutbox

EULA - Plus! is maturing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: EULA - Plus! is maturing (/showthread.php?tid=41076)

EULA - Plus! is maturing by Shaggie on 03-24-2005 at 03:03 PM

This is NOT about the sponsor.  This is about the fact that I believe that Messenger Plus! has become a mature product.

I was reading several posts about the sponsor recently and had a thought.  Someone has said that most software packages out there contain a License Agreement.
I have not noticed anything in the installation about an End User License Agreement (EULA).  I was thinking that it would be a good idea to include one in the install now.  I would suggest it say something about not reverse engineering Plus! and that you cannot be blamed for system problems that this may cause.  You know the standard stuff.
As a side thought, having an EULA in the install could cause people to actually pay attention to the sponsor msg.  Even if it didn't I still think that Messenger Plus! is mature enough to deserve an EULA.

Shaggie

P.S.  Please do not post about the sponsor in this thread.  Thank You.

RE: EULA - Plus! is maturing by Jhrono on 03-24-2005 at 03:06 PM

Ok i agree with that, but people will allways come here asking for help with the sponsor and blaiming patchou that it's malware bla bla bla...that way patchou would be protected be EULA even if nobody gives a shit...I agree but there will allways be problems with the sponsor and stuff...

RE: EULA - Plus! is maturing by Shaggie on 03-24-2005 at 03:22 PM

Yes Calvin, I do that too, most of the time.  However, having one simply is good protection, and it also implies that the program is important to the developer and it was not just thrown together.  We all know that Patchou laboured over this program for months and years, so we know he did not throw it together, but this just makes it look even more professional. IMHO

Shaggie

RE: EULA - Plus! is maturing by Jhrono on 03-24-2005 at 03:59 PM

But patch doesnt need that, he has a sponsor agreement wich is about enough to shut up anybody...

RE: EULA - Plus! is maturing by matty on 03-24-2005 at 04:03 PM

Whether or not Patchou includes an EULA is not going to change the fact that people are click happy and will agree like they always do to both. It will be the same result as before. "i instld Messenger Plus and my compuder is scrued". It is not going to make a different or change the fact that are stupid and do not read.

RE: EULA - Plus! is maturing by KeyStorm on 03-24-2005 at 04:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Whether or not Patchou includes an EULA is not going to change the fact that people are click happy and will agree like they always do to both. It will be the same result as before. "i instld Messenger Plus and my compuder is scrued". It is not going to make a different or change the fact that are stupid and do not read.

Yeah, Matty, but that may cause several legal problems to Patchou if an error causes the loss of valuable information. It shouldn't and there is no point in believing it would ever, but things can get tricky.
I'm with creating an EULA for Messenger Plus! not to defend the community from n00bish posts, but to protect Patchou's work and efforts.
RE: EULA - Plus! is maturing by GiantSpider on 03-24-2005 at 04:07 PM

I think everyone accepts that but the protection for Patchou is the main goal from a EULA as far as I can see.

RE: EULA - Plus! is maturing by Idium on 03-25-2005 at 03:27 PM

most definatly a EULA is good for protection of software producers, and i think Plus! should have one.