Shoutbox

CD burner problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: CD burner problems (/showthread.php?tid=41125)

CD burner problems by NiteMare on 03-25-2005 at 04:15 AM

as some of you may know, i have a new self built PC, and i'm having trouble installing my CD burner

every time i hok it up it ever stops windows from loading or the computer doesn't detect it

yes i have tryed changeing the jumper settings:

i've tryed setting it as:
Master - windows frezzes on load
Slave - windows frezzes on load
Cable slave - Computer doesn't detect it

i have 2 hard drive on my primary IDE cable, and one CD drive and my CD burner on my secondary IDE cable

when i say windows frezzes on load, i mean when it reaches the moving blue progress bar with the windows XP professional logo, the bar stops moving then nothing happens

any help would be great

RE: CD burner problems by Hank on 03-25-2005 at 04:22 AM

did you read the MANUAL ?

RE: CD burner problems by NiteMare on 03-25-2005 at 04:32 AM

yes, of course i did, it wasn't very helpful

RE: CD burner problems by Hank on 03-25-2005 at 04:33 AM

use Google

RE: CD burner problems by dylan! on 03-25-2005 at 04:44 AM

make sure the white wide cord is conected tightly and conected to the mother board

RE: CD burner problems by NiteMare on 03-25-2005 at 05:13 AM

~!dylan!~ - it is connected fully

Demz - look, i'm not a retard, i have taken several courses in computer engenering, so know to "read tha manual, and use google" for problems( and i already have), but i find that when you get feed back to a specific question, its alot more helpful. next time don't reply unless you have some useful information

RE: CD burner problems by albert on 03-25-2005 at 05:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
as some of you may know, i have a new self built PC, and i'm having trouble installing my CD burner

every time i hok it up it ever stops windows from loading or the computer doesn't detect it

yes i have tryed changeing the jumper settings:

i've tryed setting it as:
Master - windows frezzes on load
Slave - windows frezzes on load
Cable slave - Computer doesn't detect it

i have 2 hard drive on my primary IDE cable, and one CD drive and my CD burner on my secondary IDE cable

when i say windows frezzes on load, i mean when it reaches the moving blue progress bar with the windows XP professional logo, the bar stops moving then nothing happens

any help would be great

I personally don't know a lot in this, but my friend does ( he built about 6-7 pcs already ) I will try to get in touch with him, not tonight cuz its 12h16 AM here in Quebec, but 2morrow, Ill give u some news ASAP. ;-)
RE: CD burner problems by dylan! on 03-25-2005 at 05:17 AM

ok well then i wouldnt know how to help because a little while ago i got a new burner and it wouldnt read the disk and that cord wasnt hooked in:P and that was the problem...sorry i cant help but did you read in the manuel theres usually a section that tells you whats wrong why and how to fix it like...doesnt have power-cords not conected-connect cords:P...anything like that in there?

RE: CD burner problems by NiteMare on 03-25-2005 at 05:18 AM

thanks lp15, i really appreciate it

thanks for trying dylan, i've tryed the manuel, no luck

btw, the burner will open so its not a power issue

RE: CD burner problems by Chestah on 03-25-2005 at 05:33 AM

have you tried disconnecting your other cd drive which is on the same ide cable? and then leaving it on by itself, then if it doesn't work move it down the cable to where the previous cd drive was. etc :P?

RE: CD burner problems by NiteMare on 03-25-2005 at 05:44 AM

yup, same thing happed

RE: CD burner problems by Pyroteq on 03-26-2005 at 12:00 PM

Make sure the right end of your IDE Cable is plugged into the mobo.
Check the jumper settings.
Try a different IDE Cable.
Try a different CD Drive.
Oh and make sure that in your BIOS Menu the secondary drive is enabled.