Shoutbox

I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... (/showthread.php?tid=41152)

I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by SubZero on 03-25-2005 at 12:28 PM

I can not add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... Can anyone add them with msn 7.0.0732 and msg+3.50.124?

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by Sunshine on 03-25-2005 at 02:13 PM

If ur custom emotes keep disappearing go to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger. Now choose the folder corresponding to ur email adress (find out the number here) and delete the "CustomEmoticons" folder in it. Restart MSN and re-add your emotes, manually or with an adder/manager from www.mess.be

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by SubZero on 03-25-2005 at 08:43 PM

When I right click on the custom emo 's, the "Add..." menu item can not be seen. This is my problem ;)

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by Sunshine on 03-25-2005 at 09:15 PM

Well in MSN 7 (public beta) you click the emoticon button in convoscreen, then click on "more". Then to add new emotes you click the create button (rest is self explanatory).

I see you use the leaked beta of MSN 7, maybe thats where the problem lies. If you are not an official MSN Messenger betatester i advice you to downgrade to the public MSN 7 beta (uninstall your current version, reboot and remove all folders pointing towards MSN Messenger..then install public beta), everything will work fine on that.

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by SubZero on 04-06-2005 at 03:53 AM

i dont think this is a leaked beta problem because, i faced with this problem before I passed to the leaked beta..

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by haydos on 04-06-2005 at 12:05 PM

For a short time (msn 7.0.0425/9) i was having the same problem but the add button seems to have come back by itself

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by absorbation on 04-06-2005 at 12:51 PM

I sometimes can't add them it is very annoying :(. I'm using the public beta.

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by mwe99 on 04-06-2005 at 01:44 PM

Yep should be released and working later this month :)

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by SubZero on 04-06-2005 at 01:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by inc_haydn
For a short time (msn 7.0.0425/9) i was having the same problem but the add button seems to have come back by itself
What did you do before the add button has gone away?
What did you do before the add button has came back?
Anything special or suspicious?
RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by Yngwiedis on 04-22-2005 at 08:34 PM

Same problem here. No add option when i make right click on the emoticons.
I dont know when this problem came up.
I try to uninstall Plus and MSN and i install MSN again but the same problem occurs...

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by SubZero on 04-23-2005 at 10:54 PM

Now I am on the release version. Still cannot add any custom emotions :(

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by Sunshine on 04-23-2005 at 11:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SubZero
Now I am on the release version. Still cannot add any custom emotions :(
Did you update both MSNM and Plus!?

Latest versions are: MSNM 7.0.0777, Msg Plus! 3.52.130

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by SubZero on 04-23-2005 at 11:57 PM

yes. both updated. and still problems...

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by Sunshine on 04-24-2005 at 12:00 AM

I've heard of more people not having "add" in the rightclick menu, sofar i have not been able to pinpoint what causes that. All i know sofar is that it has to be a custom emoticon for it to appear in the rightclick menu.

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by SubZero on 04-24-2005 at 02:16 AM

Please reach me if you need a hand in pinpointing the exact cause.
I will give you my files in Docs&Settings.
sending you a PM now...

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by Sunshine on 04-24-2005 at 05:46 PM

I've been trying to pinpoint the problem on IRC with someone who has the same problem as you. Even sent one of my custom emotes to him, a friend added it and again he couldn't add it through the rightclick menu. Also compared systemspec (OS, additions to the OS, MSNM version, Plus! version and plugins), his was the exact same as mine. Yet i don't have the problem and he does. Then later on i went to test it on MSNM with one of the MSNM betatesters, we still couldn't find the problem.

I doubt it can be found in documents and settings, maybe in the registry..and even that i doubt. I will shortcut this with a MSNM betatester to ask where it could be. Once he tells me what he needs i'll post back, unless a MSNM betatester will reply first ofcourse :chrongue:

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by SubZero on 04-25-2005 at 07:02 PM

ever heard anyone to fix their adding problem?

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by Sunshine on 04-25-2005 at 08:39 PM

quote:
ever heard anyone to fix their adding problem?
Nope, not sofar...if i had seen a solution somewhere i would have posted it here already ;)
RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by Chrono on 04-25-2005 at 08:48 PM

is the add option grayed out or it's simply not there?

do you first left click on the emoticon and then right click on it? thats the way to do it i think.

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by SubZero on 04-28-2005 at 09:01 AM

it is simply not there... NOT grayed out :(

I do simply first left click on the emoticon and then right click on it.. ;)
I used to do it like that.. ;) But thanks anyway Chrono and Sunshine..

PS: Will keep bumping this topic up with more info in the mean time.. :)

Edit: this is how my right-click-on-custom-emo looks like:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=450768]

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by trini on 04-28-2005 at 02:04 PM

Go to you .NET passport setings and change the country to UK, then the add option will come back again :) For some wierd reason it is not availeble for other countries with MSN 7 final :S

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by SubZero on 04-29-2005 at 08:40 PM

Strange.. New additions and buttons came on my hotmail.com password as soon as I select UK. But my softhome.net password is not updated.. :D

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by Sunshine on 04-29-2005 at 10:29 PM

quote:
Strange.. New additions and buttons came on my hotmail.com password as soon as I select UK. But my softhome.net password is not updated.. :D
Is the "add" option back in rightclick menu now too?

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by SubZero on 04-29-2005 at 10:36 PM

In my hotmail account yes.. :D
But in my softhome account no.. :(

I can even re-add my existing emotions to my hotmail account :D

Will try re-changing my country for the softhome passport again..

RE: RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by BEWARE^^ on 04-30-2005 at 06:36 PM

quote:
But in my softhome account no.. :(

i thought that softhome isnt from msn or msgplus
RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by Fredzz on 05-06-2005 at 03:41 PM

Yep, i changed my country to UK, and ADD feature is there.. actually i thought it was gone from the new versions of MSN.. guess not.. =P

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by SubZero on 05-21-2005 at 03:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FredzzYep, i changed my country to UK, and ADD feature is there.. actually i thought it was gone from the new versions of MSN.. guess not.. =P
Very! strange isn't it? ;)
quote:
Originally posted by BEWARE^^
quote:
Originally posted by SubZeroBut in my softhome account no.. :(
i thought that softhome isnt from msn or msgplus
Yes it is possible. Just go to passport.com (or passport.net) and register your account.

but strangely I still can not "add..." using my softhome accounts passport. :(
RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by SubZero on 07-12-2005 at 09:24 AM

Lol I found something.. :)

When I use my non-hotmail login from the https://login.passport.net/ppsecure/uisecure.srf?lc=1055&id=10 (PS: 1055 is turkish, use 1033 for english), it redirects me to https://accountservices.msn.com/Credentials.srf?id=9&vv=30&lc=1055 page. When I manually change to https://accountservices.msn.com/Profile.srf?lc=1055 (normally this link comes when I use my hotmail login), I am logged in and can define my country as US/UK (or whatever) which would probably enable the "Add..." menu item...

RE: I Can't add custom emotions to my custom emotion's... by xxaprilxx on 12-22-2005 at 03:10 PM

when i try to add my emotes from friends who send them in a instant message to me, i have noticed i cant ' add' them it says 'invalid file' :|

when i have tried to change the name and save it it still shows the same message and  wont let me add it, if i type in the same name as a previous emote i have saved it tells me i already have this name and do i wish to change it to the new emote, i have clicked yes but it still doesnt save the emote :(

i have had this problem for a few weeks now and im really baffled, i have only just installed then plus to my 7.5 msn so im asking here if you know of any solutions please :)