Shoutbox

Undelivered messages - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Undelivered messages (/showthread.php?tid=41190)

Undelivered messages by Mike... on 03-26-2005 at 12:44 AM

For days now some messages in MSN Messenger aren't being delivered. They show up on the screen as any other messages. No error messages are displayed, yet the contact never receives them. You then get situations like "why don't you respond", "answer the damn question", etc... ;D It happens that I don't receive a message or that a message I send doesn't reach its destination.

This is happening more frequently the last couple of days and it's getting annoying.

My contact and I both installed Plus 3.50 recently, but I don't think it's causing these problems. She seems to have two entries for MSN Messenger in her Add/Remove Programs list. Maybe that's a problem. She'll do a fresh install of everything soon.

We're both using 6.2 something. I should add that I'm not experiencing any problems with other contacts.

Any idea what's behind this? I really like to know what is causing this. Thanks.

:)

RE: Undelivered messages by mwe99 on 03-26-2005 at 12:45 AM

Check firewalls on both computers...i think there was a similar thread a few days ago... i'll see if i can dig out the link :)

RE: RE: Undelivered messages by Mike... on 03-26-2005 at 12:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Check firewalls on both computers... there was a similar thread a few days ago... i'll see if i can dig out the link :)

I looked around a bit, but didn't immediately see anything. :$ There hasn't been any change in that department though. Same firewalls as before. And never any problems. Odd. :S
RE: Undelivered messages by mwe99 on 03-26-2005 at 12:51 AM

Ask her to get rid of the second MSN Messenger in her add/remove as it could be causing interferance :)

RE: Undelivered messages by Mike... on 03-26-2005 at 12:53 AM

Yeah, that's definitely the first thing that we'll try now. I'll be sure to post back with the findings. I hope that solves the problem. :D

RE: Undelivered messages by Caboose on 03-26-2005 at 01:12 AM

I've been having this problem for a while too. It's since gone away though... :S

RE: Undelivered messages by Mike... on 03-26-2005 at 01:24 AM

You wouldn't happen to have some more details, would you? ;) Like, was there anything you installed, uninstalled, anything... that could have caused it or could have made it go away. :D

RE: Undelivered messages by phy on 03-26-2005 at 01:34 AM

I was having that problem too and somebody told me that if the log file for a particular person gets too big, msn starts being stupid and doesn't deliver all messages. I talk to this person for hours like everday so my log gets BIG and I just move it to another folder or delete it and start a new log. That solved the problem for me. Try it *-)

RE: Undelivered messages by Caboose on 03-26-2005 at 03:13 AM

I didn't do anything special. No installations, no uninstallations, and the logfiles are as big as ever. It just stopped doing that all of a sudden. I was thinking it was my internet connection, but I dunno... :S

RE: Undelivered messages by albert on 03-26-2005 at 05:15 AM

check the firewalls, also make sure the connection are both well working.. when i get these problems is mostly when my sis is using a  wireless phone near my router, fucking up all the signals.. so ye make sure when you getting this that your internet browser is sil working at a 100%, if it's not, then its ur connection, not ur msn :)

RE: RE: Undelivered messages by Mike... on 03-26-2005 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by phy
I was having that problem too and somebody told me that if the log file for a particular person gets too big, msn starts being stupid and doesn't deliver all messages. I talk to this person for hours like everday so my log gets BIG and I just move it to another folder or delete it and start a new log. That solved the problem for me. Try it *-)

Now, that is interesting, because that sounds a lot like our situation. We'll check that out.

As far as the internet connections are concerned. I'm pretty sure they're 100% stable, on my side anyway, but I'll ask.

Thanks for the replies people. And keep them coming of course. ;)
RE: Undelivered messages by Mike... on 03-27-2005 at 11:52 AM

Well, nothing wrong with the internet connection on either side. No more double installations. We even turned off MSN Messenger logging for a while. Still the same issues. :S

Is this a MS effort to make us upgrade to MSN Messenger 7? :D I've noticed they're promoting the beta on the main messenger page, that is, if you click on MESSENGER when you're on MSN.com, so who knows... ;)

*Sigh*