Shoutbox

MSN 7.0 Display Pictures - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MSN 7.0 Display Pictures (/showthread.php?tid=41195)

MSN 7.0 Display Pictures by YzakB4DDRG on 03-26-2005 at 03:27 AM

I've got Messenger Plus! 3.50 installed, but I can't seem to be able to see the display image of the person I am chatting to.. I can see mine, but not theirs... What's up? How do I over come this and be able to see their display pictures? There isn't any options near their name that will allow me to hide their display or not. Help!!! Help!!! HELP!

RE: MSN 7.0 Display Pictures by dylan! on 03-26-2005 at 03:29 AM

maybe they arent using one or theyre using a version of msn that doesnt support display pictures...if i understood you correctly???

RE: MSN 7.0 Display Pictures by Caboose on 03-26-2005 at 03:31 AM

Open the main window and click Tools/Options. Then click General (on the left) and tick 'Show display pictures from others'

RE: MSN 7.0 Display Pictures by albert on 03-26-2005 at 05:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Caboose
Open the main window and click Tools/Options. Then click General (on the left) and tick 'Show display pictures from others'

If this don't work, then as ~!dylan!~ said :

quote:
Originally posted by ~!dylan!~
maybe they arent using one or theyre using a version of msn that doesnt support display pictures...if i understood you correctly???

Or maybe the connection can be really slow 2, but if you don't see a msn messenger logo ( the loading one ) then its prob. your contact eiter not showing his pic or using windows messenger.
RE: MSN 7.0 Display Pictures by magicians on 03-26-2005 at 07:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by YzakB4DDRG
I've got Messenger Plus! 3.50 installed, but I can't seem to be able to see the display image of the person I am chatting to.. I can see mine, but not theirs... What's up? How do I over come this and be able to see their display pictures? There isn't any options near their name that will allow me to hide their display or not. Help!!! Help!!! HELP!

Or maybe the other person has their messenger set so u cant see their pic! :S
RE: RE: MSN 7.0 Display Pictures by amsie on 03-26-2005 at 08:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Caboose

if that dont work i think it means that they dont have a display picture
RE: MSN 7.0 Display Pictures by Chestah on 03-26-2005 at 09:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by amsie
if that dont work i think it means that they dont have a display picture

Yep if you have enabled that and everythings working fine it means that they are using an older version of msn messenger that doesn't support DP's, they have DP's off or they are using windows messenger :)
RE: MSN 7.0 Display Pictures by Plik on 03-26-2005 at 09:26 AM

Go to your personal settings (Tools >> options) then under the "general" tab make sure that "Show display pictures from others" is checked
Also if the happens with only one contact they maywell be using a version of messenger that doesnt support display pictures. Or just not have one.