Shoutbox

A couple questions - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: A couple questions (/showthread.php?tid=41202)

A couple questions by Y2Pdogg on 03-26-2005 at 06:14 AM

I have 2 questions

1. I just "updated" from 6.2 to the leaked version of Beta (7.0.0632) and I can't get the sounds from Plus to work now. The little icon that was there for the sounds is gone:(. I can still access my sound library though. Anyone know what's going on?

2. I got the leaked version of Beta because I wanted to check out the "What I'm listening to" feature on it. It works fine for me but my friend can't see it. Is it because he has the Public Beta and it's not compatible with it or what?

Thanks in Advance

RE: A couple questions by blackjack on 03-26-2005 at 06:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Y2Pdogg
I have 2 questions

1. I just "updated" from 6.2 to the leaked version of Beta (7.0.0632) and I can't get the sounds from Plus to work now. The little icon that was there for the sounds is gone:(. I can still access my sound library though. Anyone know what's going on?

2. I got the leaked version of Beta because I wanted to check out the "What I'm listening to" feature on it. It works fine for me but my friend can't see it. Is it because he has the Public Beta and it's not compatible with it or what?

Thanks in Advance

I can answer just the 2nd question.. yes he needs a leaked one to see the song you are playing not possible with oficial beta..
RE: A couple questions by Caboose on 03-26-2005 at 06:22 AM

1. Try to reinstall Plus. There's an option to turn off that little bar in the convo window as well; try to find it and turn it on.

2. Your contacts have to have at lease MSN Messenger 7.0.0604 to see that Personal Message feature

RE: A couple questions by Hank on 03-26-2005 at 06:23 AM

he should be able to see it,  Maybe he needs an Option ticked in Options Window to see it, i dunno

RE: RE: A couple questions by Y2Pdogg on 03-26-2005 at 06:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Caboose
1. Try to reinstall Plus. There's an option to turn off that little bar in the convo window as well; try to find it and turn it on.

Does anyone know where this option is at?!
RE: A couple questions by Ahmad on 03-26-2005 at 06:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Y2Pdogg
Does anyone know where this option is at?!
Plus! > Preferences > Instant Messages > General Options > Enhance the toolbars with Messenger Plus! features
RE: A couple questions by Y2Pdogg on 03-26-2005 at 06:30 AM

ah that worked! thanks. It was checked though but I just clicked Apply and it fixed.