Shoutbox

Custom Emotion sounds suggestion - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Custom Emotion sounds suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=41223)

Custom Emotion sounds suggestion by Abz2k4 on 03-26-2005 at 03:29 PM

Ok, before i was going through the random sounds in order to find some good sounds to send to my contacts, but as i was searching i found that most of the random sounds coming from the server were in either French or Spanish and it took quite a while before i actually found a sound in English.

So i started thinking that maybe it would be a good idea to sort the sounds into language categories so users from differant countries can get straight to sounds in their own language. Im just curious to know other peoples views on this idea. Could it be done? is it a good idea? or bad?..

RE: Custom Emotion sounds suggestion by King For A Day on 03-26-2005 at 03:36 PM

i was thinking this im not sure if i suggested it, i did mean to tho, i think it may be to late now

RE: Custom Emotion sounds suggestion by Anubis on 03-26-2005 at 03:44 PM

Not practical. When you put the sound in, you'll have to select a language as well...which is going to annoy people and will increase the amount of improperly filed sounds.

RE: Custom Emotion sounds suggestion by King For A Day on 03-26-2005 at 03:54 PM

but at the moment the sounds cant be added without the type being set, it could be done by the lanuage that plus is used in

RE: Custom Emotion sounds suggestion by Anubis on 03-26-2005 at 03:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
it could be done by the lanuage that plus is used in
But what if someone has added a song in Romainian and he's German...It would have to be manual.

quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day

but at the moment the sounds cant be added without the type being set
Nope, since the first 3.50 BETA this hasn't been allowed.
RE: Custom Emotion sounds suggestion by mwe99 on 03-26-2005 at 10:28 PM

I'm with Anubis... it's not really practical and would take up alot of time. And if there were errors... even longer, a good suggestion though, i just personally think it would be inpractical :)

RE: Custom Emotion sounds suggestion by zaidgs on 03-26-2005 at 11:27 PM

searching through different languages is even more impractical.....
i agree with the suggestion.

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
But what if someone has added a song in Romainian and he's German...It would have to be manual.

how common is that lets ask.... also this can be a default that can be changed....
RE: Custom Emotion sounds suggestion by Patchou on 03-26-2005 at 11:30 PM

I agree that the current random sound is very basic, but it's meant to stay that way. The reason why I didn't add other fields like"Language" is to avoid those fields being misused and add too much un-necessary complexity to the feature. Random sounds are here for quick fun, Sound Packs will be what you'll probably want to download in a couple of weeks when web sites will propose some for download.