Shoutbox

Sounds bug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Sounds bug (/showthread.php?tid=41225)

Sounds bug by user27089 on 03-26-2005 at 04:01 PM

I don't think that this has been mentioned, but when you're playing a custom sound and somebody plays one of the default sounds, such as "Oh My God!" or whatever, then it cancels out your custom sound... Your sound just stops playing completely and the default sound seems to 'over-ride' your one...

Is anybody else getting the same problem?

RE: Sounds bug by lopardo on 03-26-2005 at 05:03 PM

I think that's normal...

RE: Sounds bug by mwe99 on 03-26-2005 at 06:53 PM

Yeah i think that is normal, because when you send a sound over a sound one will stop so they don't crash.. and it just happens to be the one you sent

RE: Sounds bug by Anubis on 03-26-2005 at 06:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
because when you send a sound over a sound one will stop so they don't crash..
Yeah, but it's better if it's the first one that isn't stopped. When you listion to a custom emoticion sound it is the latter one that isn't played, but why should the default ones stop the other ones. It would be better if the original one kept playing and the second one didn't play at all...
RE: Sounds bug by jvlppm on 03-26-2005 at 07:22 PM

the second sound should wait for the first finish

if i send my sound while other sound is playing, the second sound dont play automatically [Image: a418dr.png]

RE: Sounds bug by Patchou on 03-26-2005 at 07:39 PM

Well, if you send acustom soudn while another is already playing, it won't be played automatically. However, if you send a built-in sound, then the current sound stops playing because there is no way to Play/Stop built-in sounds. Messenger Plus! does not chain sound playing to avoid confusion, it could rapidely become annoying if someone sent you 10 sounds in a row.