Shoutbox

Automaticaly start when Windows is started? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? (/showthread.php?tid=41284)

Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by Aaron on 03-27-2005 at 10:49 AM

Everythime I restart, I will need to reinstall Messager Plus! 3.

RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by user35870 on 03-27-2005 at 10:53 AM

Have you tryed going to Preferences > general  options > miscellaneous and ticking  "Force Messenger Plus! to load when computer starts" ? tick that box and  then reboot and see if that works. :)

RE: RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by Aaron on 03-27-2005 at 10:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chris100
Have you tryed going to Preferences > general  options > miscellaneous and ticking  "Force Messenger Plus! to load when computer starts"? tick that box and   then reboot and see if it works. :)

Okay, thanks!
RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by user35870 on 03-27-2005 at 11:02 AM

Also you could try going to:

C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3 and adding the icon named Msgplus to the startup menu in windows

RE: RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by Aaron on 03-27-2005 at 11:09 AM

quote:
Also you could try going to:

C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3 and adding the icon named Msgplus to the startup menu in windows

I pinned, but I can't find it.
RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by user35870 on 03-27-2005 at 11:11 AM

What Version Of Msn Messenger are you using.?

RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by Aaron on 03-27-2005 at 11:11 AM

quote:
What Version Of Msn Messenger are you using.?
Seven.
RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by user35870 on 03-27-2005 at 11:13 AM

Have you tryed my first option?

RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by Aaron on 03-27-2005 at 11:19 AM

quote:
Have you tryed my first option?
I don't want to restart yet.
RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by user35870 on 03-27-2005 at 11:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron

okay when you do restart and if  it doesn't work come back here and say :)
RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by Aaron on 03-27-2005 at 11:23 AM

quote:
quote:

okay when you do restart and it doesn't work come back here and say :)
That will be next Friday.
RE: RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by blackjack on 03-27-2005 at 11:50 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

okay when you do restart and it doesn't work come back here and say :)
That will be next Friday.

Off topic: OMG! You dont even turn off your PC :|.. =/ You should be rich or something.. a lot of energy consumed *cough...cough* |-) and restart your pc just to see if your problem is gone. and help you if not
RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by Aaron on 03-27-2005 at 11:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blaCkjaCk
Off topic: OMG! You dont even turn off your PC :|.. =/ You should be rich or something.. a lot of energy consumed *cough...cough* |-) and restart your pc just to see if your problem is gone. and help you if not
Says who?
I am going out soon and can only use the computer on Friday.
And I am not so stupid to make my computer burst into flames.
RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by Patchou on 03-27-2005 at 06:48 PM

Messenger Plus! 3.51 will have a new (optional) attach method that won't need MSgPlus.exe to be running, this will probably fix your problem :).

RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by JunGe on 03-27-2005 at 08:36 PM

So.. will it consume less memory?

RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by Anubis on 03-27-2005 at 09:00 PM

Aaron, you are installing on a windows account that has admin capabilities, otherwise this exact problem will happen

RE: RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by blackjack on 03-27-2005 at 09:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Messenger Plus! 3.51 will have a new (optional) attach method that won't need MSgPlus.exe to be running, this will probably fix your problem :).

That sounds good Patchou (y) keep going
RE: RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by Patchou on 03-28-2005 at 05:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JunGe
So.. will it consume less memory?

well, yes in a sense, but MsgPlus.exe consumes almost nothing so I doubt youwill see any difference in the way your system behaves (the Mb displayed in the Task Manager cannot be used as a reference, when Windows needs the memory, it comes and get it in the process).
RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by Aaron on 04-01-2005 at 07:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
method that won't need MSgPlus.exe to be running, this will probably fix your problem .
Yes.
RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by Aaron on 04-01-2005 at 07:59 PM

Damn, still same.
Can't automatically start.

RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by brian on 04-01-2005 at 11:32 PM

Go to your start button, choose run and type "msconfig" there. Choose the Startup tab, and check if MsgPlus.exe is ticked from that list.

RE: Automaticaly start when Windows is started? by Aaron on 04-01-2005 at 11:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Brian
Go to your start button, choose run and type "msconfig" there. Choose the Startup tab, and check if MsgPlus.exe is ticked from that list.
It is not.