Shoutbox

Chat Log Blocker - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Chat Log Blocker (/showthread.php?tid=41321)

Chat Log Blocker by mickeytwat on 03-28-2005 at 12:37 AM

Hey i was wondering if there where any plug ins to stop people from logging your chats?

RE: Chat Log Blocker by ddunk on 03-28-2005 at 12:39 AM

No, not possible. People have the freedom to log your chats with them at their will.

RE: Chat Log Blocker by matty on 03-28-2005 at 12:40 AM

Do you mean to prevent them from logging a conversation with you? Unfortunatly no because their conversations are stored locally on their PC and if a Plugin was made to do it they would have to have the plugin installed.

RE: Chat Log Blocker by ProblemWv Authority on 03-28-2005 at 12:41 AM

I don't think that is possible without changing the whole thing so that when you want to log chats it sends an invitation of some kind to the contact for them to approve or decline (*-)Good idea for a plug-in) But it wouldn't stop the person from logging you with another program so i think it's imposible, unless it becomes a new feature in MSN Messenger.

I don't actuly know much about this so i could be totally wrong:$ so don't hang on my words lol.

RE: Chat Log Blocker by *Saint* on 03-28-2005 at 01:17 AM

i think anyhting that you say to each is allowed to be logged as long as 1 person knows about it

RE: Chat Log Blocker by gif83 on 03-28-2005 at 01:20 AM

there's not much point in this since people can manually log the chat sessions manually simply by copying and pasting. you are sending them the information so you can't stop them from having it... and keeping it.

hope this makes sense

RE: Chat Log Blocker by mwe99 on 03-28-2005 at 02:18 AM

Nope ... free will to record the chats... you could ask them politely not to.. or ask them to delete but no way to actual prevent them

RE: Chat Log Blocker by mickeytwat on 03-28-2005 at 03:56 AM

Argh ok thanks dudes :D

RE: Chat Log Blocker by albert on 03-28-2005 at 05:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ProblemWv Authority
I don't think that is possible without changing the whole thing so that when you want to log chats it sends an invitation of some kind to the contact for them to approve or decline (*-)Good idea for a plug-in) But it wouldn't stop the person from logging you with another program so i think it's imposible, unless it becomes a new feature in MSN Messenger.

I don't actuly know much about this so i could be totally wrong:$ so don't hang on my words lol.

that seems like a really nice plugin! it would be even better to be a msn messenger feature!