Shoutbox

Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? (/showthread.php?tid=41348)

Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? by M73A on 03-28-2005 at 11:11 AM

could someone make a plugin that randomly changes your msn display picture everytime you log in or something like that.....like traxor has the random script for his avatar any of his avatars have traxor in them.....would be cool to have the same on msn if you had lots of display pictures with your name on them.:)

RE: Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? by ProblemWv Authority on 04-02-2005 at 09:28 PM

That sounds like a really good idea and i think it's doable. Some pluggins have features like a different display picture for each status ("Away""Busy""Out To Lunch" etc.) Messenger Discovery does this.

RE: Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? by M73A on 04-02-2005 at 09:30 PM

bah! i tryed messenger discovery.....wasnt impressed, lol

RE: Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? by King For A Day on 04-02-2005 at 09:39 PM

if u get the bropia virus it changes the dp all the time weather you like it or not

RE: Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? by ProblemWv Authority on 04-02-2005 at 09:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
if u get the bropia virus it changes the dp all the time weather you like it or not
:lol:go bropia:lol:
sounds like it has what ur looking for:P
RE: Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? by Purity on 04-02-2005 at 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
bah! i tryed messenger discovery.....wasnt impressed, lol
Erm, dude, Messenger Discovery was very buggy but now it's fully released V3, with lots of bugs gone, im pretty sure you won't have as much problems with it now...

download V3 here:
http://msgdiscovery.com/index.php?p=download2

Hope you start to like it again.
RE: Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? by Trevor Saller on 04-04-2005 at 03:56 AM

When i log onto MSN Messenger using the latest 7.0 beta, my display picture is randomly changed for some reason on its own.  It does get a tad annoying, and i don't know why anyone would want a plugin that did it for them.

:undecided:

RE: Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? by Purity on 04-04-2005 at 04:00 AM

You have the bropia virus...

RE: Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? by alebowgm on 04-09-2005 at 04:54 PM

I agree, I am looking for this function as well. I have lots of different avators I would like to use in MSN and if they could randomly rotate, that would be great...

RE: Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? by Zephyr on 04-09-2005 at 05:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Saller
When i log onto MSN Messenger using the latest 7.0 beta, my display picture is randomly changed for some reason on its own.  It does get a tad annoying, and i don't know why anyone would want a plugin that did it for them.

Exactly the same happens to me. I don't know of any plugins i've got which do this and it's getting a bit annoying as well. I don't have the bropia virus because i made sure I never clicked on any of the links, my antivirus doesn't detect anything, and i've got a bropia fix from mess.be which doesn't detect anything.
RE: Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? by crank on 04-09-2005 at 08:17 PM

It's just msn being dodgy...
it happens to me to i guess its a little bug.

But the plugin idea is great! someone do this :D

RE: Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? by Pyroteq on 04-10-2005 at 01:00 AM

Hmm i wouldnt use it, i like my picture depending on how im fealing.. But some people would use it i suppose

RE: Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? by Stigmata on 05-16-2005 at 05:19 PM

Done :)

Included In Messenger Fusion :)

RE: RE: Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? by Unknown... on 08-04-2005 at 05:44 PM

Does anyone know what is happening with this?

Ideally it would be nice to create a 'set' consisting of both a display name and associated picture.  Upon start-up (or timed interval) randomly choose a set to display. The set chosen could not be the current set displayed (guaranteed change).

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
Done :)

Included In Messenger Fusion :)

How is Messenger Fusion coming along anyway? Sounds nice with in-game message functionality (ala Xfire).

Can you give us any more teasers Stigmata?! :P

RE: Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? by qgroessl on 08-04-2005 at 05:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Saller

:undecided:
quote:
Originally posted by Purity
You have the bropia virus...

I'm curious to learn more about the bropia virus... As the same thing was happening to me also... haha... I just made it so that there were no other dp's to switch to ;) haha... But! I'd like to be able to fix that so I don't have to browse a new picture every time.
RE: Idea: Random DP On Sign In Plugin? by MC Inferno on 08-08-2005 at 01:11 AM

id neva use it, but gd idea