Shoutbox

connecting cell phone to pc... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: connecting cell phone to pc... (/showthread.php?tid=41459)

connecting cell phone to pc... by TheMusicPirate on 03-29-2005 at 03:40 PM

how would i beable to connect my cell phone to my pc to copy homemade ringtones?

i have a Samsung A660.

RE: connecting cell phone to pc... by Anubis on 03-29-2005 at 04:23 PM

You would need this cable. And the software that allows you to transfer the ringtones ot it.

RE: connecting cell phone to pc... by aNILEator on 03-29-2005 at 04:26 PM

I'm guessing you need to buy a data transfer cable, i was thinking about buying one for my Siemens MC60 to transfer photos and tones.

Check with samsung to see if they sell one.

RE: RE: connecting cell phone to pc... by TheMusicPirate on 03-29-2005 at 04:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
You would need this cable. And the software that allows you to transfer the ringtones ot it.

thank you so much.

EDIT: where would i find software to beable to upload my own ringtones to my phone?
RE: connecting cell phone to pc... by Vilkku on 03-29-2005 at 04:32 PM

Look at the Samsung webpage mabye? It's also possible on some phones (my Nokia 3300 for example) to use the phone as an external hard drive, I just copy the files in the right folder.

RE: connecting cell phone to pc... by Anubis on 03-29-2005 at 04:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JackSparrow
EDIT: where would i find software to beable to upload my own ringtones to my phone?
I looked into it, and as far as I can see, for your phone model you don't need anything but the cable...
RE: connecting cell phone to pc... by aNILEator on 03-29-2005 at 05:04 PM

Anubis can you find an MC60 data cable? The website with the samsung one only has some weird cable :S

I live in england so that would help being in UK also.

RE: connecting cell phone to pc... by frack on 03-29-2005 at 05:16 PM

make sure the cable you buy defo works on ur fone cuz i bought one off ebay that said it worked with my fone but it dosent :(

RE: connecting cell phone to pc... by Anubis on 03-29-2005 at 05:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
Anubis can you find an MC60 data cable?
Sure the cable is detailed here.
To buy them, I'd recomend you got one of eBay, as it is far cheaper than in stores and most likely of a high-quality. A list of the data cables that are available on eBay for your phone can be found here. Some may not support your phone, so just check it says it does in the item before you bid or buy. Hope this helps :)
RE: connecting cell phone to pc... by aNILEator on 03-29-2005 at 05:45 PM

Thanks i found that page before looking back here, *offtopic omg currently listening to the hamster dance song by the cuban boys :O* I'm about to order off that website anyawy, i finally got my debit card so its all exciting first time buying :P

RE: RE: connecting cell phone to pc... by TheMusicPirate on 03-29-2005 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
quote:
Originally posted by JackSparrow
I looked into it, and as far as I can see, for your phone model you don't need anything but the cable...

thank you so much.:D(y)