Shoutbox

What makes you want to come back to the forums? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: What makes you want to come back to the forums? (/showthread.php?tid=41474)

What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Joa on 03-29-2005 at 07:36 PM

what is it that drives you to come back here and post? tell your story :)

yesterday we were all bored and Purity :cheesy: asked me how i found the forums, so after i told him, it made me think why i come back here all the time :wink: and now i want to know your stories about why you do.

is it cuz of the community? have you made friends here? you like to help others? or anything else... just post whatever comes to your mind regarding the topic :-/

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by spokes on 03-29-2005 at 07:41 PM

boredom, lol, and lookin for news :D happy 99 posts :S

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Weyzza on 03-29-2005 at 07:44 PM

It's just so fun to be involved in this community.

I have to admit that being in the forum in one of few ways I got to escape from my boredom.

I have to tell that this forum is the most professional forum I've ever attend (thanks to WDZ, wj, Chris, Guido and to all who create this forum is the coolest).

Also, I like the people in this forum.
They've been helpful and fun since the first date I registered to this forum (it's almost 2 years :p)

I have so much memory in this forum and with old members, like bach_m.
:cry: I miss him.

And there's Patchou, the friendliest guy I've ever known with all ":)" emoticon in his whole messages :p

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by .Roy on 03-29-2005 at 07:48 PM

Well it makes me want to compete with other people. I want to be well known and be popular. Plus i am really intrested in helping other peoples solve their problems. It makes me feel good

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Anubis on 03-29-2005 at 07:48 PM

I like to help people. There's usually something good here, some interesting news and discussions. When I have nothing else to do, it's a good place to be, surfing around websites isn't very interesting, sometimes it's fun to be in a forum...

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by M73A on 03-29-2005 at 07:49 PM

helping others! its a support forum....and their troubles can help me if i have them:). i even ask for help with my problems....gd circle:)

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Tasha on 03-29-2005 at 07:57 PM

Helping others, learning new things, making new friends. :) And having a good time. :D I just like coming here coz i'll find new friends, and people that are like me, and think the way I do and things. :p

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Eljay on 03-29-2005 at 07:58 PM

what do u mean come back?

i never leave :D

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by prashker on 03-29-2005 at 07:59 PM

I come back in foruums for all of the above.

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by L. Coyote on 03-29-2005 at 08:02 PM

I keep coming back because I like this place, I like most of the people in it. It's actually very hard for me to fit in a community, so once I seem to fit, I try to have fun and keep that "status".

I also try to write in English, because it's a very good language and I don't get to use it anywhere else.

I can't remember why I came here. I suppose I came for help, as most people do. I remember I didn't start posting right away, but maybe a few weeks later.

I've been a moderator in another forum because I kept helping people with programming. It wasn't a community at all, it was more like a helpdesk thing. It was exhausting, because there was nothing else to do. We didn't get to talk about stuff.

This is what I like of these forums. You're not supposed to be helping 24/7, you can talk to your pals or other forum members, you can rest your mind and help when you're ready (and know how to help). So that gives me more reasons to come back. :P I haven't been on that other forum for a year. :rofl:

Anyway... :P Sorry for the long post, but things like this need to be said. :D

:bow:

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by WDZ on 03-29-2005 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
what is it that drives you to come back here and post?
I'm an admin... it's my responsibility. :refuck:
quote:
Originally posted by Joa
is it cuz of the community?
Kinda, because this is certainly a good community overall. (y)
quote:
have you made friends here?
Hmm :^) I guess so... :p
quote:
you like to help others?
Yeah, but nowadays there are so many other people here that can help, I don't get the chance very often. And I like to take my time writing posts, so someone else usually replies before me... :dodgy: Also, I give more attention to the forums themselves than I do to Plus! or Messenger, so I don't have all the latest knowledge... :-/
quote:
Originally posted by thekid
I have to admit that being in the forum in one of few ways I got to escape from my boredom.
Yep, same here... :p I'm usually only on the forums when I have nothing more fun or interesting to do, and that's pretty often. :p
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
I also try to write in English, because it's a very good language and I don't get to use it anywhere else.
:o Nowhere else to use English? Amazing... :p Well, you seem very good at it... is it really not your native language? :s
RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by _Humphreys on 03-29-2005 at 08:36 PM

quote:
Well, you seem very good at it... is it really not your native language?

He's from Argentina so I don't English is his first language. I come here as I suppose it's an alright community.
RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by King For A Day on 03-29-2005 at 08:40 PM

i only came her because mess started to bore me so much,

and i come out of force of habit but its fun and  interesting

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Re-Mi on 03-29-2005 at 08:51 PM

well,

I'm a habit person i come here 2 3 times a day just to check it out and look for something new, i don't post that much but i can laugh over the useless talks people can have here.

But yeah i saw someone post it in this thread i miss the old people like captian_canada for expl.

greetz,
(now he's gone i can use his © greetz he will not notice :P)

Simple me

[edit] :O more than 2 years membership and only like 200 posts talk about low poster ... there must be a forum title in there somewhere :P:P )  [/edit]

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by L. Coyote on 03-29-2005 at 08:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
is it really not your native language
Spamnish is! :grin: I learnt English when I went to school in the US, when I was 12. But here we all speak Spanish, so it gets difficult to practise. :P[/offtopic]

The forums are like a drug... @_@
RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Millenium_edition on 03-29-2005 at 08:57 PM

it's actually for t&t, because helping people bored me (as you can see, i hardly post in help topics)

just meeting people, making funny reports (WDZ:refuck:) and giving & reading reps (that is actually quite fun, toddler cracks me up :p)

technically, yep, wasting time.

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by user27089 on 03-29-2005 at 08:58 PM

I like to help people all the time...

I get on with most people here, and talk to everybody, I don't think i'm hated by many, and I like all, get along with people, so yeah...

Its a good laugh here :).

Make some good mates ;)...

Something to do in my many hours of spare time...

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by blackjack on 03-29-2005 at 09:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by spokes
boredom, lol, and lookin for news :D happy 99 posts :S

She set the age to 99 :P not the posts :refuck:

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

:o Nowhere else to use English? Amazing... :p Well, you seem very good at it... is it really not your native language? :s

He is from Argentina i think, so he speak spanish :P

And my reason to come here, is to help if i can,  i have some friends in the community (y).. sometimes because im bored.. but  i like to help others :D because some day i will need help too :refuck:

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Sunshine on 03-29-2005 at 09:26 PM

Asfor me:
1. I like to help out.
2. I made many friends onhere...good peeps in this community, feels like family.
3. The amount of respect and acceptance, that makes me feel even more welcome and at home. Women seldom get accepted let alone seen as equal in the computerbiz (also i'm older than the average forummember/helper onhere).

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Ash_ on 03-29-2005 at 09:54 PM

M_E is my hero, i wanna be able to pwn noobs n stuff liek him (A).

and all the help, pretty much have a problem with anything. you can ask here ;)

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by J.J on 03-29-2005 at 10:02 PM

Because i like it here :cheesy:

There are alot of nice people here and we all share something in common - our interest in Msn messenger and Messenger Plus!

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by lopardo on 03-29-2005 at 10:13 PM

I like this community (for the same reason as Leo). I also like trying to help others, I guess it's my way to help Patchou :)

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by dylan! on 03-29-2005 at 10:18 PM

well its the nice people:P...ive learnt SSSOOO much since ive been here and i hope to learn more and it just plain addicting!:P

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Joe on 03-29-2005 at 10:37 PM

this community has been my homepage for well over a year now.... it's just a great place

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by John on 03-29-2005 at 10:48 PM

I come here to see your kinky avatars Joa.

j/k :P

Anyway, the real reason is it's fun here and I like giving ideas for plugins and MsgPlus! :P

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Pr0xY on 03-29-2005 at 10:51 PM

:confused: .... shit.... why do I keep coming back? damn I'll have to get back to you on that.  I really have no idea why...

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by wj on 03-30-2005 at 12:45 AM

Because if I dont, WDZ will beat me :-/

Blah. Mostly for the community :-P

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Hank on 03-30-2005 at 01:32 AM

i find DZ a turn on

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by paperless on 03-30-2005 at 03:02 AM

I dunno.. i just like this and..i miss this except when im on vacations :P

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Purity on 03-30-2005 at 05:19 AM

I have friends and I get bored, and it's really fun here...I also like to see people get owned...:P.

RE: RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Lilo on 03-30-2005 at 08:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by Joa
you like to help others?
Yeah, but nowadays there are so many other people here that can help, I don't get the chance very often. And I like to take my time writing posts, so someone else usually replies before me...

yeah, i like to be able to help people, but just like WDZ i'm often too late (also because of the :dodgy: time zones and everything.. ;))

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
is it cuz of the community? have you made friends here?
after a while i discovered the other forum sections than help (gcc for example), and the shoutbox, and i like talking to people here about all kinds of things :P
RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by CookieRevised on 03-30-2005 at 11:24 AM

I first came here because I had found some errors in the Dutch translation of Messenger Plus! and wanted it to be corrected (as I found Plus! an exceptional excellent add on for MSN Messenger).

And since I was registered anyways, I looked around and started to answer some general questions in GCC. But the questions never stopped :p, and as I like to help out, I was deeper and deeper sucked in to the community and spend more and more time on the forums and became addicted to this place.

I'm here because of the tight MSN community, and the special thing/bond that is going on between people here on this forum and on the other MSN communities. The knowledge level of this community (not only Plus!, but also mess.be and msnfanatic) is extremely high compared to other computer related forums. I find that 12-15 years olds on these communities know often more and are more mature then the avarage 20 year old on other communities...

So... in short, I'm here because I'm addicted to the community and because I want to support Plus!. As Sunshine said, it makes you feel like coming home a bit (but sometimes I want to take a holiday though :p).

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by -dt- on 03-30-2005 at 11:30 AM

Heh everyones cool here , I come back time after time because 1) i like to help people (sometimes....). and 2) :P well I couldnt think of a two so blah but im sure there is a good reason...... like wdz is really using some form of brainwashing on us to keep us here....
* -dt- hides from wdz because he's said too much already....

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by user35870 on 03-30-2005 at 11:30 AM

Well I first came here because I had some problems with msn messenger being slow with Messenger Plus!, and since then I have came back to the forums because  the  help I got from the members over a couple of computer problems and if I can help out abit. :)

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Rik on 03-30-2005 at 01:12 PM

i come here for the great community and i like to help people(when i can)

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Naruto on 03-30-2005 at 01:12 PM

to participate in threads like this one I suppose

RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Mnjul on 03-30-2005 at 02:40 PM

Because, being a Super Moderator, it's my responsibility to pay a daily visit to the forums and to see everything is running fine :) (I hope I don't sound an admin... :P)

Well, before I became Elite Member and SuperMod, I regularly visited and posted because:

1. I found Plus! a good software, and I was absoultely willing to help people with it.
  2. I found the forums to be a good place to improve my English...:P
  3. I make friends here. Or at least I did.
  4. Being a plug-in developer and Plus! translator, I need to check back to see if there is any feedback ;).

And oh, by the way, when I have "personal issues" and post about them here, I always get nice replies.

And I come here because Sunshine would slap my ISP to make my internet connection better :p.
RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Sunshine on 03-30-2005 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
As Sunshine said, it makes you feel like coming home a bit (but sometimes I want to take a holiday though :p).
Yep it's like home, and you can always rely on us to give you a warm welcome home after you do go on "holidays" ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
And I come here because Sunshine would slap my ISP to make my internet connection better :p.
Damn right i would :P
RE: What makes you want to come back to the forums? by Vazza on 03-30-2005 at 03:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Asfor me:
1. I like to help out.
2. I made many friends onhere...good peeps in this community, feels like family.
3. The amount of respect and acceptance, that makes me feel even more welcome and at home. Women seldom get accepted let alone seen as equal in the computerbiz.

As above plus......

* Vazza feels a tug on her chain again.... Aye alright I'm getting to you lot.....

1) I'm kept on a rather short chain by some of the forum members
2) I'm the only active Scot here (I think) and someones got to keep the side up, no?