Shoutbox

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: avatar (/showthread.php?tid=41482)

avatar by dylan! on 03-29-2005 at 08:58 PM

i made a animated .gif and i wanted to use it on the forums as my avatar but its to big and i was wondering if tehres anyway to resize it without remaking it?

RE: avatar by Millenium_edition on 03-29-2005 at 09:01 PM

Don't take it wrong, but you should try to compress it a bit... (or ask someone else to do it for you).
310+ kb is WAAAAY too much for an avatar, seriously :)

RE: avatar by .Roy on 03-29-2005 at 09:07 PM

I did it already for you :D Check in msn messenger. I see you are away so ill leave my computer on while i sleep :D Anyway i resized it to a great avatar size!

Good night!

edit: Actually i want to close messenger so here it is

RE: avatar by King For A Day on 03-29-2005 at 09:34 PM

yay it better now :D

RE: avatar by paperless on 03-30-2005 at 12:07 AM

School is bad written.. :dodgy: its school you knew it right? I dont think someone can make a mistake like this

RE: avatar by Zephyr on 03-30-2005 at 12:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
School is bad written.. its school you knew it right? I dont think someone can make a mistake like this

He wrote it like "skewl" on purpose.
RE: avatar by CookieRevised on 03-30-2005 at 03:36 PM

~!dylan!~, Hobbes, if you want frames to last longer do not recreate the frames with the same duration each time. Instead simply increase the duration of the frame you want to last longer. Also, clean up the graphics, redundant pixels are present in many frames and thus they are bigger then they need to be... Also reduce the colors. 256 colors are certainly not needed for such an animation...

I deleted more then identicial 10 frames and frames with only 1 pixel difference. Added a few frames for better animation, Edited a few also. And I recreated the last frame as red on blue is hard to read on certain monitors and for certain people and it also had many unneeded pixels (it even was 'animated', while it should be static).

fixed:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=423424]

;)

PS: and ~!dylan!~, do not use an attachment as avatar directly. Rather upload the attachment first! If this thread is pruned (and it will be) your avatar is gone...

;)

RE: RE: avatar by .Roy on 03-30-2005 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
~!dylan!~, Hobbes, if you want frames to last longer do not recreate the frames with the same duration each time. Instead simply increase the duration of the frame you want to last longer. Also, clean up the graphics, redundant pixels are present in many frames and thus they are bigger then they need to be... Also reduce the colors. 256 colors are certainly not needed for such an animation...

I deleted more then identicial 10 frames and frames with only 1 pixel difference. Added a few frames for better animation, Edited a few also. And I recreated the last frame as red on blue is hard to read on certain monitors and for certain people and it also had many unneeded pixels (it even was 'animated', while it should be static).

fixed:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=423424]

;)

PS: and ~!dylan!~, do not use an attachment as avatar directly. Rather upload the attachment first! If this thread is pruned (and it will be) your avatar is gone...

;)

I know that already :D Its just that i resized it for him, i didnt look through the animation.
btw. Cookie you sure help a lot (a). :D
RE: avatar by Anubis on 03-30-2005 at 04:18 PM

~!dylan!~, I wouldn't set your avatar as a thread attachment, this thread could get pruned at some point. I uploaded it to http://wefng.com/Anubis/absolute_final.gif for you

RE: avatar by Naruto on 04-01-2005 at 03:33 PM

nice avatar dylan, u did this all by yourself?

RE: avatar by CookieRevised on 04-09-2005 at 09:38 AM

Dylan, please remove your avatar and upload it decently. Do NOT use an attachment directly as your avatar

RE: avatar by .Roy on 04-09-2005 at 10:35 AM

go to
www.tinypic.com

so you can upload it decently