Shoutbox

Screenshots And Video? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Screenshots And Video? (/showthread.php?tid=41488)

Screenshots And Video? by M73A on 03-29-2005 at 10:18 PM

is there a way i can take a screenshot and include the video picture...or just take a picture of the frame.....

i already have fraps but its kinda crappy and dont work with powerdvd

thanks

RE: Screenshots And Video? by RaceProUK on 03-30-2005 at 01:11 PM

Hit the Print Screen button?

RE: Screenshots And Video? by Twan on 03-30-2005 at 01:13 PM

you can't using the print screen button because the video will play forward in paint :S..  If you open a file in virtual dub mod, you can make screenshots with the printscreen button :) It's the only way I know :)

RE: Screenshots And Video? by M73A on 03-30-2005 at 01:14 PM

it play on because theres like another layer of the screen (not literally) that the video plays in...

RE: Screenshots And Video? by RaceProUK on 03-30-2005 at 01:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Twan
you can't using the print screen button because the video will play forward in paint
??? How can a video play in Paint?
Print Screen takes a dump of the frame currently being displayed and puts it in memory.
RE: Screenshots And Video? by M73A on 03-30-2005 at 01:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
you can't using the print screen button because the video will play forward in paint
Print Screen takes a dump of the frame currently being displayed and puts it in memory.

try it. i know what he means, its why i cant you the print screen button... it doesnt take a picture of the frame....press play and the video will play in the media player and probably in paint (might be black box...move the media player to where the box is and you should see the video wen u bring paint forward...)
RE: Screenshots And Video? by Twan on 03-30-2005 at 01:20 PM

I don't know :S  when I hit the print screen button in media player en past it in paint.. it just plays on (only when it's playing in media player) and when I stop the media player than It turns in a black screen in paint... :O

So that's why I came up with virtualdubmod :) that will work

Edit: just like may73alliance says :)

RE: Screenshots And Video? by Anubis on 03-30-2005 at 01:34 PM

One word of advice about VirtualDubMod is that when rendering the more classical MPEG streams like DVDs, .mpg and .mpeg (the MPEG-2 streams) it can take a while to render on some computers for dubing so you can take images. It's qucicker with the more modern stuff like MPEG-4 based streams, Xvid and DivX.

RE: Screenshots And Video? by saralk on 03-30-2005 at 01:44 PM

quote:
quote:

It doesnt play in Paint, but it sorta makes a "hole" in the window where the video was playing, and if you have the Media player behind paint, then the video plays through the "hole"
RE: Screenshots And Video? by CookieRevised on 03-30-2005 at 01:46 PM

quote:
Not unless the video is played in a overlay videolayer frame (which is quite common these days) on your monitor. The special videolayer isn't part of the memory which will be accessed by PrntScrn (or other screengrabbers). To grab a video like that, you need software that is able to grab the memoryspace of the videolayer or you need to turn of the option to use videolayers in your graphic cards settings or graphic driver settings.

Software which can easly grab stuff like that (even capture motion, record webcams, and other stuff) is Camtasia, SnagIt, etc... http://www.techsmith.com/
RE: Screenshots And Video? by Eljay on 03-30-2005 at 02:25 PM

actually PowerDVD has a capture button for taking screenshots of the current film/video

[Image: attachment.php?pid=423384]

RE: Screenshots And Video? by user13774 on 03-30-2005 at 03:44 PM

BSPlayer too:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=423431]

Press P (or Shift-P) and the file is saved in the BSPlayer dir. You can manually set a directory to store captured images in the preferences panel.