Shoutbox

MSN 7 & Norton Antivirus 2005 (Internet Worm Protection) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN 7 & Norton Antivirus 2005 (Internet Worm Protection) (/showthread.php?tid=41532)

MSN 7 & Norton Antivirus 2005 (Internet Worm Protection) by Shao on 03-30-2005 at 01:13 PM

For those that have Norton Antivirus 2005, I hope you can help me.

After ensuring that MSN 7 had full exemption [Permit All] from the security reports, MSN 7 still pops up as a security issue. No matter how many times I keep telling the security popup to permit MSN 7, it persists in asking if not every few minutes, every time I log on.

At first I thought it was Norton Antivirus 2005's fault, but MSN 7 is the only program in which this problem occurs so frequently. I hope someone out there can help me.

The error looks like this. (The picture refers to another program, but the same box pops up for MSN 7.)

RE: MSN 7 & Norton Antivirus 2005 (Internet Worm Protection) by Ahmad on 03-30-2005 at 01:47 PM

Ah, yea, I have MSNM7 and NAV2005.. once installed you have to permit it again, again.. and again... after doing it for a few days it eventually decides to permit everything and won't annoy you again :P

RE: MSN 7 & Norton Antivirus 2005 (Internet Worm Protection) by Anubis on 03-30-2005 at 01:49 PM

If this has happened to a few people, have you tried reporting it to Symantec?