Shoutbox

Sound pack - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Sound pack (/showthread.php?tid=41538)

Sound pack by Andie2005 on 03-30-2005 at 02:57 PM

Hya,
I've not long installed messenger olus and still trying to find my way around it!

I installed the red dwarf sound pack and it shows up on my plug in list but it is a .dll file and not a .ini file. I have tried to add the sounds individually but they do not show up anywhere in my pc, is just the installer that is there! 

I have followed the messenger plus tutorial but this is telling me it dhould be a .ini or .plp file but when u install it you get no options of saving as anything else!

Please help. xxx

Ps,
  it also says to click on the configure button under the plug in but it does not let me do this.

RE: Sound pack by Pr0xY on 03-30-2005 at 03:03 PM

Where did you download the sound pack from?  I think you installed a certain sound clip plug-in from this page. 

If you want sound packs for the "Custom Sounds" feature in MsgPlus 3.50, there are several websites.  Check out http://www.mpsounds.net/ , They have alot of nice ones. 

RE: Sound pack by Andie2005 on 03-30-2005 at 03:06 PM

Excellent, worked fine. thankyou so much :-)

can you tell me why the red dwarf file did not work then please? And does anybody know of any other secure soundpack sites? xxx

RE: Sound pack by CookieRevised on 03-30-2005 at 03:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andie2005
can you tell me why the red dwarf file did not work then please? And does anybody know of any other secure soundpack sites? xxx
Because it is not a soundpack but a plugin...

RE: Sound pack by Ezra on 03-30-2005 at 03:53 PM

Thta Red Dwarf is not a soundpack but a sound plugin, before the Custom Emoticon function was added some people made these plugins to add some sounds...
Now you don't have to use them anymore (maybe for clips longer then 10 secs)