Shoutbox

New Version Update? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: New Version Update? (/showthread.php?tid=41569)

New Version Update? by jusa_98 on 03-30-2005 at 08:00 PM

Hi,

What happened to the box that used to appear if a new version of Messenger Plus! was available to download?

I have been running an older version of it for some time I see now and only just relised and updated it to the latest version.  Some people would never relise!  So why not re-introduce this box telling them a new version is available?

Or was it removed for a reason I am not aware of?

Just thought I'd mention it!
(Y)

RE: New Version Update? by Anubis on 03-30-2005 at 08:04 PM

akaik, it is still there, it is just triggered by Patchou manually.

RE: New Version Update? by jusa_98 on 03-30-2005 at 08:08 PM

Patchou aint triggered it and left me in the dark.. bad boy! :P

He should setup a server conf file, which he may have, that lists the current version number.  Than when we connect it checks this version against the users version and if their is a difference display an update message and a direct place to download. :) 

And if the version is a HIGHER version than the current version swoop out a message and tell the dude to not try and hack Plus! since it's not worth mucking up. ;)

RE: New Version Update? by user35870 on 03-30-2005 at 08:42 PM

I think Patchou doesn't enable the auto update untill a couple of weeks after  the new version is out to keep the server load down.

RE: New Version Update? by Lilo on 03-30-2005 at 08:51 PM

Yeah, i think chris100 is right, i think i read that somewhere (once) ;)

RE: New Version Update? by Patchou on 03-31-2005 at 06:23 PM

If you click "Check for updates" in the about bpx it will detect version 3.50. As always, I wait a little before enabling the auto-update to make sure there's no major bug that would cause problems to millions of people at the same time :p. Thsi time, it's taking a little longer because the new emotion sound feature is doing too well and I'm currently buying a new server cluster to smooth things out (it's already using 4TB/month). Once the migration will be complete, auto-update will follow (withsome luck, early next week).

RE: New Version Update? by Yousef on 03-31-2005 at 06:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
(it's already using 4TB/month)
:| that must be costing a fortune :p
RE: RE: New Version Update? by jusa_98 on 03-31-2005 at 08:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
If you click "Check for updates" in the about bpx it will detect version 3.50. As always, I wait a little before enabling the auto-update to make sure there's no major bug that would cause problems to millions of people at the same time :p. Thsi time, it's taking a little longer because the new emotion sound feature is doing too well and I'm currently buying a new server cluster to smooth things out (it's already using 4TB/month). Once the migration will be complete, auto-update will follow (withsome luck, early next week).

To be honest I could not see that in version 3.3x (something or rather)... Might of been a bit earlier, can't remember.  All I know is I found a new release by visiting the website for the first time in months because I was thinking surely their would be an update as their were some niggly problems with the version I had.

As I look in this version I see the option.

Goodluck on the new server :) 
RE: New Version Update? by sophie-eloise on 04-01-2005 at 02:38 PM

i still get the box telling me to download a new version!

RE: New Version Update? by BEWARE^^ on 04-03-2005 at 06:21 AM

well i will only download the latest version when its almost bugfree or when there are new plannings for a new msn version

RE: New Version Update? by Sunshine on 04-03-2005 at 09:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sophie-eloise
This time too? You sure it's from Msg Plus!, not MSN Messenger?

quote:
Originally posted by BEWARE^^
well i will only download the latest version when its almost bugfree or when there are new plannings for a new msn version
Wich bugs?

RE: RE: New Version Update? by jusa_98 on 04-03-2005 at 04:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sophie-eloise

Okay I am blind than obviously.  Maybe I never looked hard enough... And no I am not blonde. ;)

Thanks Sophie :)
RE: New Version Update? by Jhrono on 04-03-2005 at 05:08 PM

Well i said yes but i dont need it...i spend lots and lots + lots of time in this forum so i allways know when a new version is coming...:D