Shoutbox

Saving Lost Data - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Saving Lost Data (/showthread.php?tid=41595)

Saving Lost Data by albert on 03-31-2005 at 12:03 AM

hey, i lately reformated mny sis computer, now she tells me she had files she needed.. :o, what i need to know is if theres any way of finding these files back, i know the hardrive deosnt delete the files but just forget their adress.. any way of getting files back? any 1??

RE: Saving Lost Data by Purity on 03-31-2005 at 12:15 AM

search www.download.com  'undelete'

RE: Saving Lost Data by Joa on 03-31-2005 at 12:16 AM

here's a link to some programs:
http://www.canadiancontent.net/tech/downloads/Fil...ograms/top-20.html

search google for more ;)
just type something along the lines of - free, recover from "formatted disk"

but payed programs are best for that kind of thing imo.. :^)

RE: Saving Lost Data by albert on 03-31-2005 at 12:26 AM

thx to btoh !!! :) trying them out right now!

EDIT: :( tried about 5-6 progsd.. none is working.. they dont find any files I had before the format..

RE: Saving Lost Data by CookieRevised on 03-31-2005 at 12:36 AM

Recovering files after a format is in theory possible. But in practice it highly depends on what kind of format, what the previous OS was, what the previous file system was, if you have already installed stuff again, etc... etc... eg: if you haven't defragmented your HD before you formatted, then your changes are very slim... And if you already installed stuff again (like Windows), your chances will even be less... If you already booted a couple of times in Windows, your chances will drop even further...

RE: Saving Lost Data by albert on 03-31-2005 at 01:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Recovering files after a format is in theory possible. But in practice it highly depends on what kind of format, what the previous OS was, what the previous file system was, if you have already installed stuff again, etc... etc... eg: if you haven't defragmented your HD before you formatted, then your changes are very slim... And if you already installed stuff again (like Windows), your chances will even be less... If you already booted a couple of times in Windows, your chances will drop even further...

ok ill forget it then.. thx ne ways every1..!