Shoutbox

linux command line install maker needed - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: linux command line install maker needed (/showthread.php?tid=41631)

linux command line install maker needed by Eljay on 03-31-2005 at 12:47 PM

Well as some of you know, Dempsey has started a sound pack database website (here). Well he is also making a plugins database and he asked me to help with it as he is on work experience atm.

im making it in php and im making a plugin upload page where the plugin is contained in a zip with the following files
info.ini
installer.exe

well everything is going ok so far but then i thought "what if the plugin doesnt have an installer?" so then i remembered TB made a plugin installer maker a while ago so i was going to use that but according to -dt- (spoilsport :P) it wont run on linux servers

so, i need somebody to make a command line installer maker that will run on linux.

this will be greatly appreciated and full credit will be given on the website :)

Thanks in advance, Lee Jeffery

* Eljay stares at TB

RE: linux command line install maker needed by segosa on 03-31-2005 at 03:09 PM

quote:
well everything is going ok so far but then i thought "what if the plugin doesnt have an installer?"

Then either the author makes a bloody installer, or the plugin doesn't get accepted. :dodgy:
RE: linux command line install maker needed by TheBlasphemer on 03-31-2005 at 05:01 PM

Hmmm, interresting, I still got a plugin-repositry on my to-do list :P
Got some pretty neat ideas, but I'm not gonna give em to you :P
puh!

RE: linux command line install maker needed by saralk on 03-31-2005 at 05:17 PM

Are you sure that you will be allowed to run shell commands on a reseller account?