Shoutbox

Terri Schiavo has died - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Terri Schiavo has died (/showthread.php?tid=41659)

Terri Schiavo has died by DJeX on 03-31-2005 at 09:08 PM

quote:
From www.cnn.com
Terri Schiavo, the 41-year-old brain-damaged woman at the center of a national legal, political and ethical battle, died today, nearly two weeks after doctors removed her feeding tube. A lawyer for her husband said Michael Schiavo's "overriding concern was to provide for Terri a peaceful death with dignity."

This is really sad. She was starved to death because some judge never reordered her feeding tube to be put back in.

Alls we can do now is pray for her family and know that she is in a better place. Let your hearts go out to the family of Terri Schiavo.
RE: Terri Schiavo has died by King For A Day on 03-31-2005 at 09:52 PM

i just heard this today it was the first time i had heard about it and it is realy sad :(

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by user27089 on 03-31-2005 at 09:53 PM

Its such a shame really, I can't believe they didn't feed her at all, dying of starvation must be one of the most horrible slow and painful deaths...

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by M73A on 03-31-2005 at 09:58 PM

i dont want to sound mean or wrong or whatever but it would have been nicer to give her an injection...starving her to death is like torture. why do it!?:| its not right. they could have fed her, im sure the family would have paid them to even do it!?

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by lizard.boy on 03-31-2005 at 11:07 PM

i personally see why that woman had a right to die, but i see it as cruel how it happened. criminals get a nicer way out with lethal injection, so do animals. Sometimes human behavior confuses me :/

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by Pr0xY on 03-31-2005 at 11:09 PM

:) Well I'm glad to hear that this has finally come to an end.  I would hate to put my family/spouse through all that.  If I ever became a vegie, I'd want my family to let me die, there would be no point in keeping me alive if I can never use my brain again. 

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by Apatik on 03-31-2005 at 11:12 PM

... stop saying nonsense -_-

terri schiavo was already dead for years, she couldn't feel anything anymore, either pain, hunger or whatever...
imo, the real problem is : why has she been kept 'alive' for so many years, in this pathetic vegetative state.
of course i can 'understand' the feelings of her family, it's a sad story, but i still think that this should have been done long before. there was no other issue anyways.

edit : agree with proxy

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by God of the Devil on 03-31-2005 at 11:15 PM

Its a tricky and difficulut topic, but at the end of the day i reckon she sould have to right to die peacefully, with dignity and with privicy, there is no easy answer with euthunisa as a whole

unfortually those chirstian protect groups really ticked me off, because at the end of the day, its none of their business, if they where in that poor lady's situation i wonder would they think differnt, or go by some rules made by some fictinaol charater.. well i wont go there because i might get banned for being anti-chirstan. it was hard on her, her husband, and her familey they didnt need some bible bashing group to put more puressure and more problems on a familey who where going though a tough time

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by Dane on 03-31-2005 at 11:18 PM

I think this is horrible.  Criminals die nicer and she has to suffer?  America Sucks, again in my opinion.  As soon as I turn 18 im moving to Canada I tell you.

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by Apatik on 03-31-2005 at 11:23 PM

where can you see any suffering in that?

check your information before saying such **** -_-

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by Dane on 03-31-2005 at 11:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Apatik

Are you in her brain?  Can you verify the scientific information?  No.  Wasnt there a time when the greatest scientists thought the earth was flat?  Yes.  Nothing scientific is final, EVER.  You cannot honestly tell me that you know she was 100% unaware of it.
RE: Terri Schiavo has died by paperless on 03-31-2005 at 11:42 PM

The doctors said she wouldnt feel anything but..hum i dont know.. in case of doubt i think they should have used another mean of killing her like an injection so that way they could be sure that she wouldnt feel nothing...

Everyday people die of starvation she was only a grain of sand in a beach. Shes not more important because she died in an advanced country but apart that..

If their parents didnt want her to die why dont they take care of her then? She was living with her husband (i Guess?)

I dont want to sound bad but a person in that situation must give a lot of work and its very bad for someone to see a person like that day by day its better to die than live like that.

I think this was a right decision except for the fact they could have killed her with an injection.

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by Pr0xY on 03-31-2005 at 11:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
quote:
Originally posted by Apatik

Are you in her brain?
Actually a large part  of her brain (the part that controls who she is, her personality, her "soul" if you wanna call it that) had been replaces with some type of fluid, thats why she had NO chance of ever recovering.  NO matter how much time went by, they would not be able to help her. 
RE: Terri Schiavo has died by Apatik on 04-01-2005 at 12:03 AM

and there was no more electrical activity in her brain either...

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by Joe on 04-01-2005 at 01:14 AM

It's against the law to starve an animal/pet intentionally... but it's legal to make a HUMAN BEING starve?

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by Pr0xY on 04-01-2005 at 01:25 AM

Well I take it all the people complaining about her suffering from starvation are also against abortions right? 

Christ people.... she didn't suffer.  She hasn't been suffering for the last 10 years.  Cause she cant feel any pain.  The Terri Schiavo that everyone knew before this is gone, and was gone after the first year of her being in this vegie state. 

The only people who suffered through all this was her husband and family, for seeing their wife/daughter lifeless, brainless, and nothing being able to be done about it. 

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by DJeX on 04-01-2005 at 01:31 AM

quote:
orig posted my proxy
The only people who suffered through all this was her husband and family, for seeing their wife/daughter lifeless, brainless, and nothing being able to be done about it.

True.

Terri had a peacefull death and she is now in a way better place than she could ever be.
RE: Terri Schiavo has died by Joe on 04-01-2005 at 01:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY

Oh, I'm sure they suffered much more when they had the tube removed... why else would they have over 20 judges review the case to get it placed in again?

The only reason the tube had been removed was because the state of Florida was done dealing with it.....
her life cost was about $8,000 a month, which is a good amount of money for over ten years.... but for a HUMAN life? I think not......

And yes, I am against abortion, but that's a whole other topic, sorry for being Catholic (but not really)
RE: Terri Schiavo has died by DJeX on 04-01-2005 at 01:37 AM

quote:
bla posted by atownjoe
sorry for being Catholic

Nothing worng with that.
RE: Terri Schiavo has died by Hank on 04-01-2005 at 01:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
s died

Its such a shame really, I can't believe they didn't feed her at all, dying of starvation must be one of the most horrible slow and painful deaths

when ones Brain dead Trax. i dont think she would of suffered much , having her Die was prolly the best thing,  as i posted yesterday , she woulda been a Vegetable if they had of continued her feeding etc,
RE: Terri Schiavo has died by Joe on 04-01-2005 at 01:51 AM

No one is sure she was brain dead... no one is sure she wasn't either... but if someone else had control of my daughter's life and decided to end it out of nowhere... i'd be pretty sad and hurt pretty badly

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by Weyzza on 04-01-2005 at 03:00 AM

Apart from thinking of letting she starved to die is cruel, no one knows if she didn't feel a thing.

Actually, both sides (her husband and her family) have agreed to perform an autopsy to know how much her brain was functioning.

So, once again, nobody knows if she felt something or not.
She might be "dead."
She might be "alive."

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by -dt- on 04-01-2005 at 06:38 AM

blah she was kept alive for 15 years she had to die sometime even her husband wanted her to be killed but I dont think he would of been all for the no food method.

you know someone  paid someone 50k (50,000) and a promise of 250k if they killed the husband =/

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by .Roy on 04-01-2005 at 07:11 AM

Wow thats really sad. But i dought it is painful if the doctors say it isnt

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by Pr0xY on 04-01-2005 at 07:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by atownjoe
No one is sure she was brain dead... no one is sure she wasn't either... but if someone else had control of my daughter's life and decided to end it out of nowhere... i'd be pretty sad and hurt pretty badly
No they were sure she was.  Read up on one of my previous posts.  The part of her brain that controls her and who she is was replaced with brain fluid, by her body.  There is no way she could ever get better.  The state she was in is not like coma, where you might just randomly wake up at any moment.  Terri Schiavo was dead 10 years ago, its just now that her body stopped working. 

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by Rik on 04-01-2005 at 09:54 AM

i agree with Pr0xY.
I prefer being dead that in a coma for 5 years or less

RE: Terri Schiavo has died by sasquatch on 04-01-2005 at 07:10 PM

I genuinely support a person's right to die. It's just a shame that it took so long. But i think Terri had no hope of ever recovering from her state. I mean, we're talking about a severly brain damaged person whose been just lying there for 15 years. The only reason this has got so much media attention is because of the family feud that ensued and the fact that the ultra-conservative right have used it as way to push their "pro-life" agenda to the public.