Shoutbox

documents and settings - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: documents and settings (/showthread.php?tid=41697)

documents and settings by saralk on 04-01-2005 at 10:39 AM

my pc comes with a partitioned hard drive, C is 25GB and D is 150GB.

Documents and Settings is in C, but it takes up 8GB space, I want to move it to D, but how would I do that, if i just drag it over, all my settings will be deleted.

RE: documents and settings by Sunshine on 04-01-2005 at 10:45 AM

"Leave documents and settings as is (programs installed on C: need it, also progs automaticly place settings inthere).

Just make a folder on D: called "My documents" or something and save all your files inthere instead of in "documents and settings"

;)

RE: documents and settings by saralk on 04-01-2005 at 10:47 AM

Yes, but i want it to officially be there, so all the links, like the one in the start menu, and in the Save As... dialogue to change to it aswell.

RE: documents and settings by Sunshine on 04-01-2005 at 10:49 AM

You can change where the desktop icon etc. brings you by rightclicking it and change properties. As for save as etc...you can set in the programs where to save your files (if it doesn't remember after first time you saved something anyways).

RE: documents and settings by saralk on 04-01-2005 at 11:02 AM

no what i mean is that when you save sometihng, on XP it has a list down the side saying "recent documents, my documents, my computer..."

And i want the My Documents button to change.

RE: documents and settings by M73A on 04-01-2005 at 11:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
no what i mean is that when you save sometihng, on XP it has a list down the side saying "recent documents, my documents, my computer..."

yea, i was wondering if you can create your own buttons down the side of there or something? i have places i use alot more than the ones it gives :dodgy:

RE: documents and settings by Sunshine on 04-01-2005 at 11:09 AM

quote:

You can change it by rightclicking and changing it's property.

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
yea, i was wondering if you can create your own buttons down the side of there or something? i have places i use alot more than the ones it gives :dodgy:

You can make quickicons, but not where my documents etc. are..atleast not asfar as i know.

RE: documents and settings by M73A on 04-01-2005 at 11:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:

You can change it by rightclicking and changing it's property.

all i ghet when i right clcik the lil menu on the side is a thing sayin 'What's This'
RE: documents and settings by Sunshine on 04-01-2005 at 11:22 AM

quote:
all i ghet when i right clcik the lil menu on the side is a thing sayin 'What's This'
Are you on a limited account?
Wich OS?
RE: documents and settings by Eljay on 04-01-2005 at 11:27 AM

you can change it in the registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

and the key is Personal

RE: documents and settings by Shezi on 04-01-2005 at 12:52 PM

First of all make a My Document folder where u want in d drive then Right klik on the dekstop My Documents icon then change the target where u had made the new folder of MY Documents and also copy all the documents from old my documents folder to new my document folder (if u want to keep ur previuos records with u)

RE: documents and settings by M73A on 04-01-2005 at 12:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
Are you on a limited account?
Wich OS?

i have windows xp home and im the admin