Shoutbox

Phoenix is ready to fly! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Phoenix is ready to fly! (/showthread.php?tid=41700)

Phoenix is ready to fly! by RaceProUK on 04-01-2005 at 11:17 AM

[Image: logo.gif]

Feature list
Download
I've also attached it to this post.

If anyone discovers any bugs, please reply to this thread, that way I'll know about it ;)

EDIT: Nickname saving bug fixed (hopefully)
RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by Eljay on 04-01-2005 at 12:10 PM

looks pretty good (Y)

the save curent name feature looks very useful for using quicktexts like imitate :P BUT it doesnt want to work

it says "nickname could not be saved"
might be because im using 7.0.0732.

ill edit my post when ive checked it out on the public beta :)

EDIT: nope doesnt work on the public beta either :(

RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by TGG on 04-01-2005 at 12:13 PM

Great Plugin Raceprouk (Y)

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
the save curent name feature looks very useful for using quicktexts like imitate BUT it doesnt want to work

it says "nickname could not be saved"
might be because im using 7.0.0732.
It wont save the nickname for me either, and the plugin doesnt seem to work in Windows Messenger
RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by crank on 04-01-2005 at 12:19 PM

nickname saving doesn't work but the rest seems to work fine

RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by RaceProUK on 04-01-2005 at 01:59 PM

Hmm... I think I know why too.
I'll update the original post with the bugfix.

EDIT: Done ;)

RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by Eljay on 04-01-2005 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Hmm... I think I know why too.
I'll update the original post with the bugfix.

EDIT: Done ;)

works now!!! :)

great work (Y)
RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by absorbation on 04-01-2005 at 06:11 PM

It's really good :D

Expect a slight bug, bascially when i change my nickname my contact window looks like this for about five seconds. No biggy :P

[Image: attachment.php?pid=426175]

It's the bit at the top btw :P

RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by prashker on 04-01-2005 at 06:30 PM

I have never actually used Phoenix but I will download it now and use it and see if it good.

RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by user27089 on 04-01-2005 at 06:32 PM

Looks to me like an amazing plugin, could do with some user interface changes though, and logo change...

heck, maybe even a site redesign...

email me...

RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by RaceProUK on 04-01-2005 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
I have never actually used Phoenix but I will download it now and use it and see if it good.
Not surprising, given it was only released today...
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Looks to me like an amazing plugin, could do with some user interface changes though, and logo change...

heck, maybe even a site redesign...

email me...
I'm not a GUI man: my time is spent on functionality. That, and the fact I never actually sat down and designed the UI or the logo...
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
It's really good :D

Expect a slight bug, bascially when i change my nickname my contact window looks like this for about five seconds. No biggy :P

[Image: attachment.php?pid=426175]
I'm not actually sure what's causing that, as it doesn't happen on my PC. What version of Windows/Messenger/Plus are you using?
RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by user27089 on 04-01-2005 at 08:36 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=426335]

urr... Sorry, I was sort of bored... Made something quickly gathering some stuff together...

RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by L. Coyote on 04-01-2005 at 08:54 PM

Hey, nice plugin you got there! :)

I just got a question. There's not auto-maximize windows, right? Can you do an option for that?

:P

RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by Rik on 04-01-2005 at 08:54 PM

i just download it.
seem's a pretty cool plugin!!!(Y)

RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by RaceProUK on 04-02-2005 at 11:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
[Image: attachment.php?pid=426335]

urr... Sorry, I was sort of bored... Made something quickly gathering some stuff together...
If that's what you can do quickly, I can't wait to see what yuou can do when you spend more time on it. That's better than anything I'd have come up with.
RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by absorbation on 04-02-2005 at 09:03 PM

Phoenix by raceprouk

I personally think phoenix deserves more credit than what it has got. It is a useful plugin with many great features, my favourite are:

•    Nickname logging
•    Notifications of status change (like how plus shows when a contact has changed there name or appeared offline)
•    E-mail check (Checks your inbox for new e-mails.)

Screenshots of features below:

[Image: email3fe.jpg]

[Image: nickname5tr.jpg]

[Image: options3ux.jpg]

However, phoenix does need some new material to help itself. Generally, phoenix looks as if it is junior stuffplug (many random features) but with fewer features. The logo could do with some work, no offensive but it looks like it was done on flaming text. :S

Also when selecting options I believe it should have a better design just to make it more appealing. However, my main concern is the shortcuts to find phoenix, it drives me mad, sometimes I appear offline and to check my e-mails the phoenix way I would need to appear online, open a conversation, and enter the shortcut, making a good idea useless. You might want an icon on the contact list with options to quickly check for new e-mails and other phoenix things. ;)

Sorry if I sounded rude I generally like the plugin however, it needs better access to features and help with the design. I suggest getting someone to help you. Keep working on the plugin and it could be a huge success. Great work raceprouk. :D

I apologise if I sounded rude, it is an excellent plugin, I just want to help. :P
RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by John on 04-03-2005 at 08:23 AM

It sounds like a good plugin from what everyone's saying. I was just wondering, what does "automatically restore conversation windows" do?

RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by segosa on 04-03-2005 at 09:32 AM

I think the GUI is fine. Why does everything have to be shiny and animated these days? Sheesh.

RE: RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by absorbation on 04-03-2005 at 10:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
I think the GUI is fine. Why does everything have to be shiny and animated these days? Sheesh.

I think this plugin has great potential and, there is bearly anyone using it. The features are great, however access to some is rather annyoing but this can be easily fixed. :P

PS: From all my testing i belive this plugin is bug free. Great work :D
RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by Eljay on 04-03-2005 at 11:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
It sounds like a good plugin from what everyone's saying. I was just wondering, what does "automatically restore conversation windows" do?

when somebody starts a conversation window with you, the window is automatically maximised
RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by RaceProUK on 04-03-2005 at 03:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar

when somebody starts a conversation window with you, the window is automatically maximised
Restored, not maximised. However, the maximise option may be added to a future version.
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
However, phoenix does need some new material to help itself. Generally, phoenix looks as if it is junior stuffplug (many random features) but with fewer features. The logo could do with some work, no offensive but it looks like it was done on flaming text. :S

Also when selecting options I believe it should have a better design just to make it more appealing. However, my main concern is the shortcuts to find phoenix, it drives me mad, sometimes I appear offline and to check my e-mails the phoenix way I would need to appear online, open a conversation, and enter the shortcut, making a good idea useless. You might want an icon on the contact list with options to quickly check for new e-mails and other phoenix things. ;)
I see what you mean with the junior StuffPlug - kinda felt that way when making it.
As for the general look and feel, that will see major improvements for the next version.

And don't worry: constructive critisism (like yours) is gladly and readily welcomed.
RE: Phoenix is ready to fly! by TheBlasphemer on 04-03-2005 at 03:29 PM

Racepro, give me a shout on MSN :)
If you don't remember my email, send me yours trough http://www.stuffplug.com/?act=contact :)

Bye,
TB