Shoutbox

Go back in time - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Go back in time (/showthread.php?tid=41709)

Go back in time by violator999 on 04-01-2005 at 12:38 PM

would you want to have the ability to go back in time,  if yes, what would u do ?

RE: Go back in time by Anubis on 04-01-2005 at 12:43 PM

It depends, I wouldn't mind going back into ancient times and watch the pyramids being built. I'd just like to stealthily observe the ancient civilizations...

RE: Go back in time by John Anderton on 04-01-2005 at 12:57 PM

I think (i heard) going back in time aint possible theoretically but going forward is .... so i cant say anything :P

RE: Go back in time by gif83 on 04-01-2005 at 01:06 PM

of course going forward is... we all are going forwards in time right now... at a rate of 1 second per second

wasn't there already a thread like this made somewhere?

RE: Go back in time by M73A on 04-01-2005 at 01:07 PM

if you did go back ion time and started changing things in the slightest way..the world today may be completely diferent though because of after effects you have had....

RE: Go back in time by user27089 on 04-01-2005 at 01:08 PM

I would definitely have to go back and witness the dinosaurs, with the necessary precautions of course. But you have to consider that going back in time may ruin certain things in the future, you'd have to tread very carefully.

RE: Go back in time by violator999 on 04-01-2005 at 01:10 PM

damn, well that would be my second time i post something that has already been posted :S :S :S :S

RE: Go back in time by Eljay on 04-01-2005 at 01:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
if you did go back ion time and started changing things in the slightest way..the world today may be completely diferent though because of after effects you have had....

that could never happen if you think about it

say you went back in time, changed stuff, and then came back, all the people around you wouldnt have noticed anything change because they hadnt gone back in time and their present would be the same as if you hadnt gone back at all.
RE: Go back in time by violator999 on 04-01-2005 at 01:11 PM

anyone seen the movie "the butterfly effect" ?

RE: Go back in time by M73A on 04-01-2005 at 01:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
quote:

say you went back in time, changed stuff, and then came back, all the people around you wouldnt have noticed anything change because they hadnt gone back in time and their present would be the same as if you hadnt gone back at all.

it would. say you spoke to someone you didnt know...they then ran for president because of what you told him/her. the world's history would be altered and would have to update its changes to the present day..

quote:
Originally posted by violator999

yes like the butterlfy effect!

anyone seen red dwarf? when they go back in time and stop JFK from being assainated...thats a good example...

JFK goes on to become president and the usa joins forces with mafias or something and america is completely diferent... they then travel back again, convince JFK to stand on the grassy knoll and shoot himself....would explain the conspiracy..*-) very clever theory in my opinion if time travel existed...

red dwarf is gd*-), lol
RE: Go back in time by Eljay on 04-01-2005 at 01:21 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

it would. say you spoke to someone you didnt know...they then ran for president because of what you told him/her. the world's history would be altered and would have to update its changes to the present day..

thats not possible (without some sort of alternate universe)

say all the people who dont go back in time are just living as normal and then all of a sudden the president changes :dodgy:

anyway time travel is impossible so it doesnt matter

RE: Go back in time by M73A on 04-01-2005 at 01:34 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

thats not possible (without some sort of alternate universe)

say all the people who dont go back in time are just living as normal and then all of a sudden the president changes :dodgy:

anyway time travel is impossible so it doesnt matter

the president would change all of a sudden...to them he would have won the election, bin president for a year already or whatever......

time would change, history would change, not just the 'present' and the part of the past u changed.... everything would alter and happen as if he would have always been president or something, not just suddenly swap...
RE: Go back in time by Eljay on 04-01-2005 at 01:39 PM

ok its hard to explain lol

say somebody now had gone back in time and told somebody to stand for president and they did and won, how would we know?

RE: Go back in time by M73A on 04-01-2005 at 02:05 PM

we wouldnt know....we would just no the guy who became president to just be president...we wouldnt even know bush? or whoever was president at the time, was president before someone went back in time...because it never happened...

RE: Go back in time by Naruto on 04-01-2005 at 02:33 PM

I would go back in time and get a 100 in every test!!!

RE: Go back in time by J.J on 04-01-2005 at 02:37 PM

I would go back in time to fix up for all the embarrassing moments i've been through and fix all the bad mistakes i've made...

RE: Go back in time by user2319 on 04-01-2005 at 05:04 PM

Thinking about that is really hard.  I mean, what if you'd go back, and stopped yourself from being born. Then what? Then you wouldn't live and wouldn't go back in time either. Would you "vanish"? Or not?

What if you travel back 30 minutes and plant a dynamite? Then you couldn't be planting the dynamite, because the machine was blown (assuming you use a machine, as in Sci-Fi). So travelling back sucks :P

RE: Go back in time by John Anderton on 04-01-2005 at 05:09 PM

Theoretically .... going back aint possible ... going forward is ...
The butterfly effect movie is a different issue ... nice cool movie btw but its imaginary ;)
Only ud know the change if u go back and change something but that aint possible :P U can go to the future at a rate faster than 1 sec per sec :P But there aint no way to comeback :P And no way hasnt been found and/or disclosed for obvios reasons :P

RE: Go back in time by blackjack on 04-01-2005 at 05:15 PM

Actually i traveled in time but i dont remember when [Image: weed.gif]

Well if i could travel in time.. ill meet Elvis presley (h):P, or Marilyn Monroe :banana:

RE: Go back in time by L. Coyote on 04-01-2005 at 05:15 PM

Um, it's highly possible that going back in time wouldn't change your future (where you come from), but open another universe/dimension with those changes.

Say, for example, you prevent (just imagine) the meteorite to crash on Earth, thus the dinosaurs won't die. When you go back, you will not see dinosaurs everywhere, but there will be another universe/dimension that might be totally different from yours.

The Butterfly effect, for example... Imagine that all the changes he made opened different universes.

Not only that, but all the time, different universes are "started" because of different choices we make.

:p

RE: Go back in time by John Anderton on 04-01-2005 at 05:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo

Um, it's highly possible that going back in time wouldn't change your future (where you come from), but open another universe/dimension with those changes.

Say, for example, you prevent (just imagine) the meteorite to crash on Earth, thus the dinosaurs won't die. When you go back, you will not see dinosaurs everywhere, but there will be another universe/dimension that might be totally different from yours.

The Butterfly effect, for example... Imagine that all the changes he made opened different universes.

Not only that, but all the time, different universes are "started" because of different choices we make.
:P

No not at all if i may contradict u ... if not i still wanna contradict u :P
If i go back in time and tell u for eg that at anycost u must remember that when euro 2004 starts ... bet everything u have on Greece winning ... then instead of being where u are now .. ud be uber rich :banana:
That wont be a new dimension but as u went back in time and changed everything .... everything except me changed cause i was in a diffferent time in the space time continium (Stu) .... so as i messed with the stu .... everything changed :D
RE: Go back in time by Purity on 04-01-2005 at 06:43 PM

If I were to go back into, I'de wanna visit this whole jesus christ being born and all that stuff....See if it's really real...

RE: Go back in time by sasquatch on 04-01-2005 at 07:13 PM

I'd be greedy and take some relic that's worth millions of dollars now, travel back, and make myself as rich as possible :D

RE: Go back in time by violator999 on 04-01-2005 at 07:47 PM

hehe, well as for me all i'd do is correct the mistakes i've made, when i think about it, the things i did and regret till now are the only things that cross into my mind.

RE: Go back in time by Rik on 04-01-2005 at 07:51 PM

quote:
mistakes i've made, when i think about it, the things i did and regret till now are the only things that cross into my mind.
i do the same things:dodgy:
RE: Go back in time by brian on 04-02-2005 at 05:15 PM

I would go 20~30 days in future, check which stock market will make up some real money, come back, and put all my money in it.

RE: Go back in time by albert on 04-02-2005 at 05:20 PM

quote:
would you want to have the ability to go back in time,  if yes, what would u do ?

I think what this question really  means is "are you happy with your life?"

Let me explain how I see it.. if you wanna get back in time to change a ceertain point of your life, that mean you'e either not happy with your life, or you simply thnk it could be better..

i personally belive that  wouldnt go back in the past cuz althought i made a lot of mistakes, i think its hat made me today and i dont really wanna change :)
RE: Go back in time by violator999 on 04-02-2005 at 05:54 PM

well, i wouldn't agree with u lp15
of course the mistakes u've made in the past teach you a lot in life, but i mean like small things u did, like saying something that might have hurt someone, or done something u still feel guilty about, they might be small things, like me for example, there are small things i'd like to do, like one time i said some really bad things to one of my friends, although it doesn't matter anymore and we're still good friends, but i wish i had never told him that, and like not going to see my grandmother, and the next day she died ( REALLY ! ), i still feel guilty about it, but that doesn't mean i am not happy or something...

RE: Go back in time by kotjze on 04-04-2005 at 01:35 AM

quote:

:s I'd rather have the ability to stop time, but going back i ntime would be fun too :)
RE: Go back in time by Jimcando on 04-04-2005 at 06:00 PM

I managed to invent a time machine that could send you forward in time (not backwards), but about a week later when I was thinking about it I managed to dis-prove my own theory. dammit.

RE: RE: Go back in time by user2319 on 04-04-2005 at 06:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimcando
I managed to invent a time machine that could send you forward in time (not backwards), but about a week later when I was thinking about it I managed to dis-prove my own theory. dammit.

Tell us anyway :P
RE: Go back in time by .Roy on 04-04-2005 at 07:22 PM

Well U know bill gates?
He got lucky. I will present the computer idea of microsoft before him :P And be the richest man alive

RE: Go back in time by mad_onion on 04-04-2005 at 07:50 PM

going forward in time is very easy. you just go slightly faster than everyone else and you have gone forward in time. it has been proven to happen on space ships. but you cant go back in time that is impossible. but if i could go back in time i would first get very rich and then look around some of the ancient cities and stuff, mabye give the roman new technology and see what happens to history! even if going back in time was possible i dont think the government would tell the people for the exact reasons that we have shown that we would use it and mess up time :)

RE: RE: Go back in time by gif83 on 04-05-2005 at 12:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mad_onion
going forward in time is very easy. you just go slightly faster than everyone else and you have gone forward in time. it has been proven to happen on space ships. but you cant go back in time that is impossible. but if i could go back in time i would first get very rich and then look around some of the ancient cities and stuff, mabye give the roman new technology and see what happens to history! even if going back in time was possible i dont think the government would tell the people for the exact reasons that we have shown that we would use it and mess up time :)

i'd like to point out that it's all relative.. so it works both ways
RE: Go back in time by M73A on 04-05-2005 at 12:46 AM

how the hell do they go into the future....how does going faster make it happen:S wahhh:S....

when was it prooved? id like to know more about this...thanks:)

RE: Go back in time by user2319 on 04-05-2005 at 02:18 PM

They just move slower (in time) than everybody else.

RE: Go back in time by M73A on 04-05-2005 at 02:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PlusFan

huh:S they go fast enough and they move slower in time:S:S:S:S:S

how the hell.....how the hell did they proove they was goin slower? what:S
RE: Go back in time by s7a5 on 04-05-2005 at 02:24 PM

I would tell my past-self all lottery winning combinations :)

RE: RE: Go back in time by gif83 on 04-05-2005 at 03:31 PM

quote:
quote:

huh:S they go fast enough and they move slower in time:S:S:S:S:S

how the hell.....how the hell did they proove they was goin slower? what:S

it all to do with relativity...

and the proof is quite simple... if you synchronise two clocks and send one moving a lot (relative to the other) they will show different times (slightly) after a while.
RE: Go back in time by FrozernFire on 04-06-2005 at 10:14 AM

let's say you are on a spaceship travelling at almost the speed of light. to a person on earth, he will think that time is passing very slowly on the spaceship, but to you, time is normal.

RE: Go back in time by Pipish on 04-06-2005 at 10:46 AM

i would sit back and observe the past and change anything i see fit like your bloody horible avartar

RE: Go back in time by King For A Day on 04-06-2005 at 11:00 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

yes like the butterlfy effect!

anyone seen red dwarf? when they go back in time and stop JFK from being assainated...thats a good example...

JFK goes on to become president and the usa joins forces with mafias or something and america is completely diferent... they then travel back again, convince JFK to stand on the grassy knoll and shoot himself....would explain the conspiracy..*-) very clever theory in my opinion if time travel existed...

red dwarf is gd*-), lol

i havent seen that yet but i keep hearing about it. i watched the last series when it was on and i have all the dvds that are out except for series two. they do time travel so much :P

if i could id probly go back to spend some time with my grandparents because i dont remeber much about them as they both dies while i was to young to understand, i dont even remeber missing them that much, and i never realy met my gran because i was so young at the time.

or for a more fun one i would love to see roman times but not the battles. i would just love to see all the technology they had that almost knowbody else at the time had considerd.

and one last one. i wanna see my house 80 years ago, because there was a windmill opposite and a lake, where theres no a field it would be such a crazy change
RE: Go back in time by Ash_ on 04-06-2005 at 12:12 PM

seriosuly. can't someone make a thread without everyone stating the bloody obvious outcomes.

OH NOESS!@~! IT WILL CHANGE THE PRESENT!@!~!!~#@($U.

:undecided:

anyway. i'd go back in time, meet Elisha Cuthbert when she was about 13. ask her out on a date and go out with her and stuff. and never break up with her and me knowing how hot she will get. im gonna be a winner no matter what.

I went out with Elisha or i am going out with Elisha.

and if she says no, ill go back in time and try again with a different method :P.

RE: Go back in time by -Bogan- on 04-06-2005 at 12:23 PM

You would be going out with Elisha Ash_ until the relationship gets serious and she wants a bit more in the pants and you just can't offer that, so she will go looking for someone who can "pack more of a punch" and who will she find.........

ME

RE: Go back in time by King For A Day on 04-06-2005 at 12:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -Bogan-
You would be going out with Elisha Ash_ until the relationship gets serious and she wants a bit more in the pants and you just can't offer that, so she will go looking for someone who can "pack more of a punch" and who will she find.........

ME

haha shot down and pissed on _Ash!!!!!
RE: Go back in time by Pyroteq on 04-06-2005 at 12:57 PM

Ive seen butterfly effect. thats a freaky, confusing movie. But a good one.

Id change a whole lot of crap i did when i was younger so id be a better person today.. None of this altering history shit

RE: Go back in time by -Bogan- on 04-06-2005 at 01:02 PM

I would go back and bet a lot of money become a millionare, get me a fine honey and yell at all the people who steal wallets.

-Bogan- had wallet stolen today

RE: Go back in time by Anubis on 04-06-2005 at 01:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_

anyway. i'd go back in time, meet Elisha Cuthbert when she was about 13. ask her out on a date and go out with her and stuff. and never break up with her and me knowing how hot she will get. im gonna be a winner no matter what.
Only problem is no one would believe you, except for John Titor :refuck:
RE: Go back in time by King For A Day on 04-06-2005 at 01:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
Well U know bill gates?
He got lucky. I will present the computer idea of microsoft before him :P And be the richest man alive
i think thats what he did, hes acyually from way in the future

quote:
I would go back and bet a lot of money become a millionare, get me a fine honey and yell at all the people who steal wallets.

-Bogan- had wallet stolen today

wow unlucky

(also you dont need to set you writing red just type / me then you comment without the space and it will do it for you.
eg
/ me explains the me command to -Bogan-
* King For A Day explains the me command to -Bogan-

it also works in msn with plus  :D

RE: RE: Go back in time by Ash_ on 04-06-2005 at 01:22 PM

quote:

ME

lmao, boags. she doesent want a 12 year old throwing millions off punches at her, none of them which hurt.

im sure she'd prefer a decent fight.

and by ME, you mean Millenium Edition. he is sure one guy for the ladies.
RE: Go back in time by absorbation on 04-06-2005 at 01:54 PM

I would go back to when i was born and be like a super baby who can predict the furture. But being into magic i mess with people's heads like that already. 8-)

RE: RE: RE: Go back in time by Jimcando on 04-08-2005 at 11:27 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimcando

Tell us anyway :P

Can't do that. I might figure out a way to make it work again. Or worse, you might figure it out and steal my idea...:@
RE: Go back in time by user2319 on 04-14-2005 at 08:11 PM

Why not tell us? And it's not like we can practically do it anyway :rolleyes:

RE: Go back in time by Shezi on 04-14-2005 at 08:16 PM

well if i can go back in time then i try my best to become the owner of microsoft and ofcourse msgplus! too.. :P