Shoutbox

Auto retry perhaps? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Auto retry perhaps? (/showthread.php?tid=41724)

Auto retry perhaps? by kierant on 04-01-2005 at 02:52 PM

Having tried signing in to MSN for the last five minutes without any success I had a thought for a new addition to Plus!

Every time I am unsuccessful a get the message box asking if I want to retry or cancel. When I click on retry I then have to retype my password (even if I check the 'Sign in automatically' box).

This is frustrating and wastes time so I think it would be handy if Plus! could allow for an 'Auto Retry' function where after every unsuccessful attempt to sign in, instead of making the message box appear, it would just automatically try and sign you in again until successful.

Is that possible?

RE: Auto retry perhaps? by blackjack on 04-01-2005 at 05:24 PM

Dont know if that could be possible but think if youre not in your Pc and Servers are down, your MSN closes automatically then is going to be trying to connect everytime. Someone could get in your account and do bad stuff, (No i dont trust in family) :P

RE: Auto retry perhaps? by x2zen on 04-01-2005 at 05:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kieranissafe
When I click on retry I then have to retype my password (even if I check the 'Sign in automatically' box).
Just press cancel, and then Sign in.

if you are logged in when the servers are down, it will most of the times auto reconncect