Shoutbox

/me cries, Problems with games. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: /me cries, Problems with games. (/showthread.php?tid=41749)

/me cries, Problems with games. by paperless on 04-01-2005 at 08:35 PM

I need help people.

The problem is, with any game i play my PC freezes after +/- 5 or 10 minutes after starting playing. I have uninstalled the drivers and used driver cleaner, restarted and reinstalled the drivers but it didnt work.

I dont know where my Windows XP cd is so i cant install another one in the other partition and check if it is a problem with the current combination of software i have installed or not..

Give some ideas of what it might be even tho im almost sure this wont help..but.. impossible is nothing.. :P

RE: /me cries, Problems with games. by Sunshine on 04-01-2005 at 08:47 PM

You sure your computer has enough memory to play a game and run all possible other programs you have running at the same time? You can check by closing some programs down.

RE: /me cries, Problems with games. by paperless on 04-01-2005 at 09:01 PM

Yeah im sure, they used to work before and usually i close everything so i can have better performance in the game.. :)

RE: /me cries, Problems with games. by brian on 04-01-2005 at 11:29 PM

Happens sometimes, I have one of the best machines (2.4 GHZ, 1024 MB Memory, Raedon Card.), and I get around 40 FPS on games like Counter-Strike: Source, when other people I know, get more on less powered computers. I have no idea, reinstalling windows, didn't try it yet, but I yet disabled everything on startup, same. Reinstall drivers, same.

RE: /me cries, Problems with games. by albert on 04-01-2005 at 11:34 PM

I got the same thing with a game, I wont name it cuz I will get weird responses *-) but i used to play it with no problem, then one day my pc froze when i was playing and since then every like 30 mins of run game well it closes by itself!

RE: /me cries, Problems with games. by Chestah on 04-02-2005 at 12:04 AM

what is your graphics card?

RE: /me cries, Problems with games. by paperless on 04-02-2005 at 07:22 PM

Ive solved the problem.
This might be useful for other people with similar problems:

Ive opened my computer case took the graphics card out, and cleaned the dust it had. And i noticed a huge piece of dust in the fan of the graphics card which was making the fan get stuck :). I can now play any game without any problems unlike before.

RE: /me cries, Problems with games. by M73A on 04-02-2005 at 08:22 PM

dust was causing the games to crash??? :|:|:|:|

*cleans room and pressure gasses inside of computer :|:|:|

RE: /me cries, Problems with games. by kao on 04-02-2005 at 09:02 PM

if the computer overheats, it will freeze or reboot, also, if your fps is lower than people with slower computers, check GFX card options and turn off any antialliasing/anisotropic filtering options and make sure they're off for all applications

RE: /me cries, Problems with games. by paperless on 04-03-2005 at 02:26 AM

Yeah kao i kinda think its a problem of overheat. Ill try to see how i can solve it..

Ill start by buying a new power source as the one i have atm had some problems with the fan and such, and soemtimes my computer turns off for no reason.. :/

I think the power source can be the source of many problems also.

EDIT: The problem of the games was with the graphics card of coruse the problems that power source causes affect the whole computer doesnt matter what you are doing..ok here we go.. [Image: captain_obvious.gif]

RE: /me cries, Problems with games. by Concord Dawn on 04-03-2005 at 02:37 AM

Yes, computers are made to protect themselves, so if they overheat they will shutdown/reboot in order to preserve your hardware. You should open up your computer every so often to check all the hardware as a rule of thumb.

RE: /me cries, Problems with games. by kao on 04-03-2005 at 03:41 AM

get a new cpu fan :dodgy:

RE: /me cries, Problems with games. by paperless on 04-03-2005 at 04:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
get a new cpu fan

I changed it some months ago after the other got broken so it isnt from there im almost sure the source of the problems is the power source.
RE: /me cries, Problems with games. by Ahmad on 04-03-2005 at 07:54 AM

Sometimes you need a more powerful power source to power up all the hardware + fans you got in the case.