Shoutbox

Sending a message from one computer to the other with a router... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Sending a message from one computer to the other with a router... (/showthread.php?tid=41779)

Sending a message from one computer to the other with a router... by Purity on 04-02-2005 at 06:15 AM

Is it possible....is there a program that does it...?\

I wanna send a message to my dad, and we use a router and he's upstairs....

RE: Sending a message from one computer to the other with a router... by ShawnZ on 04-02-2005 at 06:53 AM

If you have Windows XP, you can try running the small buisness networking wizard avaible by opening My Network Places in the control panel. You can then share folders by right clicking them. You can also send messages by opening up DOS and typing this

code:
NET SEND * Message

RE: Sending a message from one computer to the other with a router... by Re-Mi on 04-02-2005 at 07:01 AM

please look here for a simple solution http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/net_send.mspx

if you are not using win XP then you can use winpopup (just search your comp. for it )

btw there are lots of programs out there that is using this technic most of them you have to pay for.

but yust google  for it.

greetz,

Simple me

[edit] blah to shawn he beat me to it [/edit]

RE: Sending a message from one computer to the other with a router... by Purity on 04-02-2005 at 07:10 AM

I just need to send a message to my dad saying give back my headphones, like a lil popup....:P

RE: Sending a message from one computer to the other with a router... by ShawnZ on 04-02-2005 at 07:56 AM

Yep, if your computers are networked like i showed you, you can just net send to send a message (that sounded a little rude, not intended to be tbh) you can just do NET SEND * Dad, pass down my headphones plz! and he will see something like this:

Message from localhost to * on 0/0/00 00:00 PM

Dad, pass down my headphones plz!

(its a popup btw)

RE: Sending a message from one computer to the other with a router... by Purity on 04-02-2005 at 08:09 AM

THANK YOU! Can't go upstairs or I'll wake up my mom :P

RE: Sending a message from one computer to the other with a router... by Striker on 04-02-2005 at 08:37 AM

well, you should really find out the ip address that your dad's comp is.. otherwize if you have 2 other comps on the network, it'll send the message to both comps

so

net send <ip> <message>

RE: Sending a message from one computer to the other with a router... by Purity on 04-02-2005 at 08:45 AM

I only have 2 computers to the network....mine and his...:P