Shoutbox

Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican (/showthread.php?tid=41814)

Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by M73A on 04-02-2005 at 08:13 PM

just heard on ITV the pope has passed away at just gone 8:30 GMT

just to inform people

Heres a News Report

quote:
Originally posted by Sky News Website

Pope John Paul II has died in his apartment at the Vatican in Rome. He was 84 and had led the world's one billion Catholics for 26 years.

The Vatican said the Pontiff died at 8.37pm BST, 9.37pm Rome time.

The Polish-born pontiff, who received the last rites on Thursday evening, suffered heart failure and shock during treatment for a urinary tract infection.

His health declined sharply when he developed a high fever brought on by the infection.

He initially responded well to anti-biotics but then his condition deteriorated further and the fever resurfaced on the morning of his death.

Although gravely ill a Vatican spokesman said John Paul had been "lucid" and was responding when addressed by aides.

On Friday night a crowd of around 70,000 gathered in Rome's St Peter's Square to be close to the man who had been their spiritual guide since 1978.

All around the world Catholics offered prayers as concern grew for his health.

John Paul was taken to hospital twice last month with breathing problems, having earlier had a tube inserted in his throat.

He was last seen in public on Wednesday when he appeared briefly at his apartment window in St Peter's Square to bless thousands of pilgrims.

There were cheers from the gathered audience as he tried to speak to them, but his words were not audible.

RE: Pope dies of heart failure by Pinchichuv on 04-02-2005 at 08:16 PM

i know its a sad but honestly i think its better cause he dont suffer any more and let all pray for him so hi can be in heaven and may he rest in peace

RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by violator999 on 04-02-2005 at 08:18 PM

R.I.P

RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by Anubis on 04-02-2005 at 08:18 PM

Being the Pope and going to heaven, must be the most exciting thing for him, spending your life in the service of God and then going to see Jesus in heaven...so I'm sure he's really happy now, and I'm glad for him

RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by M73A on 04-02-2005 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jchichuv
i know its a sad but honestly i think its better cause he dont suffer any more and let all pray for him so hi can be in heaven and may he rest in peace

personally i think they should have let him die earlier instead of putting him through all of the operations and things like that....
RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by andrey on 04-02-2005 at 08:26 PM

quote:
pray for him so hi can be in heaven and may he rest in peace
lol.
He's one of the popes, he shouldn't need prayers to come to "heaven", but I don't want to revive this heaven and hell thing.

Of course, I am sad about John Paul II's death but I think it's better for him that this whole suffering is over.
Rest in peace, Karol Józef Wojtyla.
RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by M73A on 04-02-2005 at 08:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrey
Karol Józef Wojtyla.
huh?

how do they decide who will be his heir?
RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by toddy on 04-02-2005 at 08:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by violator999
R.I.P

everyone dies.......so lets not make to much of a fuss
RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by Anubis on 04-02-2005 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
It's a complex voting system among the vatican, it will takw a while...
RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by L. Coyote on 04-02-2005 at 08:32 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=41677

Can't this be in ONE thread?

RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by toddy on 04-02-2005 at 08:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=41677

Can't this be in ONE thread?

a mod will merge it :rolleyes:

then delete me post :)
RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by Djeepy46234 on 04-02-2005 at 08:33 PM

Around 1 month or 2 to have a new Pope.

RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by *Saint* on 04-02-2005 at 08:40 PM

quote:

the cardinals goto vatican city and vote and need a  2/3 majority to get a new pope
RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by Weyzza on 04-02-2005 at 08:52 PM

quote:
quote:

personally i think they should have let him die earlier instead of putting him through all of the operations and things like that....
Right...

He should have been died since 1981, after a Turkish extremist shot him near to death and he got the last rites.

Hmm, why didn't they let him die in 1981?

:rolleyes:
RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by ayjay on 04-02-2005 at 08:52 PM

quote:
He's one of the popes

?

RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by andrey on 04-02-2005 at 09:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ajd
quote:
He's one of the popes

?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_popes

Yes, one of 261 other popes.
Karol Wojtyla was the 262th pope (or 261th, dunno :tongue:).
RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by albert on 04-03-2005 at 12:34 AM

May he rest in peace.. he deserves it..

RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by DJeX on 04-03-2005 at 12:57 AM

quote:
originaly posted by: Anubis
Being the Pope and going to heaven, must be the most exciting thing for him, spending your life in the service of God and then going to see Jesus in heaven...so I'm sure he's really happy now, and I'm glad for him

Agreed. He was in need of a long rest after the many years he spent on this earth and all the help he has offered.
RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by paperless on 04-03-2005 at 01:32 AM

He was cool eve tho my not religious but what the hell this is supposed to be the ebst day of his "life" hes gonna meet with god, or so he believes!

What is really pissing me off is the TV....

RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by Jhrono on 04-03-2005 at 01:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless

He was cool eve tho my not religious but what the hell this is supposed to be the ebst day of his "life" hes gonna meet with god, or so he believes!

What is really pissing me off is the TV....

Agreed...they only do it for the share:S..
RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by J.J on 04-03-2005 at 02:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by toddler

But the pope wasn't just any normal guy - he was an inspiration to all

May he rest in peace
RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by Concord Dawn on 04-03-2005 at 02:30 AM

I feel sorry for him, but now he has an eternity of rest and relaxation.

RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by uberdosis on 04-03-2005 at 02:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
quote:
Originally posted by toddler

But the pope wasn't just any normal guy - he was an inspiration to all

an inspiration to all the sad people in this world.

who gives. get over it.
RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by dylan! on 04-03-2005 at 02:46 AM

im not mean or anything but i couldnt really care

RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by user44571 on 04-03-2005 at 03:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~!dylan!~
im not mean or anything but i couldnt really care

i respect yuor opinion but i find that quite harsh....for god sakes it was a jinx watching euro trip because they say in that movie that the pope died (he didnt really just a big mistake). And after watching this movie the pope died:(:P
RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by Purity on 04-03-2005 at 05:27 AM

I see the pope as any normal person, I don't see him larger than others....So I don't realyl care that much....Everyone dies lets not make a big fuss over it -toddy

Sorry if my opinion is a bit harsh, but yeah.

RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by Pipish on 04-03-2005 at 06:45 AM

:( yes very sad i was watching it on the telle last night and i heard he died has the new pope been anounced yet

RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by *Saint* on 04-03-2005 at 06:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pipish
:( yes very sad i was watching it on the telle last night and i heard he died has the new pope been anounced yet
no it takes a long time they have to vote and everything and the the 2 people that vote for the pope from quebec havent even left for the vatican yet i dont know about the other ones but the quebec ones are still here

RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by Joa on 04-03-2005 at 07:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by *Saint*
no it takes a long time they have to vote and everything and the the 2 people that vote for the pope from quebec havent even left for the vatican yet i dont know about the other ones but the quebec ones are still here
yeah... and i'm pretty sure it takes about a month (from 14-24 days)- from the time of the pope's death to chose the next pope.

after a mass, there was a HUGE ceremony at one church near my home today -to pay respect to John Paul II. it was really touching :sad:. many people of different faiths showed up just to show their respect. it was really weird (cuz i was just expecting roman catholics and maybe different kinds of christians to show up) but people of completely different religions like jews and hindus showed up at the ceremony, i loved it, there was such a unity.

THIS pope was a great man... he has done SO much in the world. he worked for peace and to bring people of different faiths together in respect as brothers and sisters. the world will never forget him.
RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by Joa on 04-03-2005 at 07:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
i wonder what the next pope will be like

me too. supposedly (rumors) he will most likely be from South America or the Cardinal Arinze from Nigeria .... personally i hope it will be Arinze :-/
RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by *Saint* on 04-03-2005 at 07:14 AM

i hope its the one from montreal :D Cardinal Turcotte that way i might be able to see him

RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by Joa on 04-03-2005 at 07:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by *Saint*
i hope its the one from montreal Cardinal Turcotte that way i might be able to see him
lol :P

i hope it is Arinze because so far he has gained A LOT of respect from allover the world for his work in Africa... and besides that he would be the first pope outside of Europe or even basically the first one outside of the "western world", and the first black pope. (Y)

quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
i miss the old pope
aww.. :sad: he is finally resting now though ;) ... and it's kind of cool because he died the way he always said he wanted to die
RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by FrozernFire on 04-03-2005 at 02:12 PM

no offence, but i don't think anyone should be lifted up so high, far above the rest of us :/

RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by user27089 on 04-03-2005 at 02:46 PM

The Pope died at 8:55pm GMT... Hmm, its a shame really, I could say several things, but I can't really express them in any way... I'm glad that he's finally no longer the pope, I thought that it was cruel making him be the pope for such a long time...

I just hope he rests in peace (f)

RE: Pope dies of heart failure - Confirmed By Vatican by Twan on 04-03-2005 at 03:04 PM

I don't think it's a shame.. The guy became 84 so he had a good life.. I didn't like his ideas because he wasn't modern at all and I don't understand the sadness from everyone :S If he was 45 and shoot by a criminal, than you can feel bad but not now.

and I agree with FrozernFire.