Shoutbox

Is this ilegal? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Is this ilegal? (/showthread.php?tid=41857)

Is this ilegal? by Jhrono on 04-03-2005 at 04:30 PM

Between one of my large number spamming emails i saw one that was advertising this site
(the url sounds strange but if i try to go to downloadoem.eeladd.com/ it says i have no premission bla bla bla)
Now are those products legal, is that a scam or are they ilegal?Thanks...

RE: Is this ilegal? by mad_onion on 04-03-2005 at 04:34 PM

well if you can download stuff for free that you are supposed to pay for then yes that is aganist the law of course

RE: Is this ilegal? by toddy on 04-03-2005 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mad_onion
well if you can download stuff for free that you are supposed to pay for then yes that is aganist the law of course

not in canada :P u can download and its not against the law
RE: Is this ilegal? by linx05 on 04-03-2005 at 04:35 PM

I wouldn't trust them. Go to a proper retail store and buy them. Or go through their official websites.

RE: RE: Is this ilegal? by Jhrono on 04-03-2005 at 04:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddler
quote:

but it isnt for free ...see the fucking site..
RE: Is this ilegal? by CookieRevised on 04-03-2005 at 04:47 PM

quote:
quote:
would you stop spreading that popular believe. It IS illegal...

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
I wouldn't trust them. Go to a proper retail store and buy them. Or go through their official websites.
indeed. The prices depicted on that site are to good to be true (although electronic OEM versions are of course cheaper then retail boxed products)...
RE: Is this ilegal? by toddy on 04-03-2005 at 04:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
    quote:Originally posted by toddler

quote:Originally posted by mad_onion

not in canada u can download and its not against the law

would you stop spreading that popular believe. It IS illegal...
well they can't trace your ip, so they can't tell who’s downloading the products. therefore u can't be prosecuted of the crime, hence its basically legal

(hope thats the rite irrc, otherwise gonna look like an idiot :P)
RE: Is this ilegal? by CookieRevised on 04-03-2005 at 04:57 PM

quote:
well they can't trace your ip, so they can't tell who’s downloading the products. therefore u can't be prosecuted of the crime, hence its basically legal
1) they can trace your IP if it would come to that
2) that doesn't make it legal!!!!

(oh oh, I will strangle a homeless total stranger, nobody will find out, so it is legal... yeah right :dodgy:)
RE: Is this ilegal? by Anubis on 04-03-2005 at 05:04 PM

quote:

You do realise that's like saying...well yeah, I did brake into that dudes house. But I was wearing gloves so they couldn't get my fingerprints...so it's leagl!
RE: Is this ilegal? by paperless on 04-03-2005 at 10:36 PM

I odnt think so.. you have to pay to download you are actually buying the software.. nice design BTW. (y)

EDIT: What i find strange is that actually in most products you save 400+ dollars.. hum.. ^o)