Shoutbox

MSN 7.0 personal message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN 7.0 personal message (/showthread.php?tid=41921)

MSN 7.0 personal message by prtyanml8 on 04-04-2005 at 03:04 PM

I'm using MSN build 7.0732, and when I play a song in windows media player it doesn't show up in my personal message, is there anyone who has the same problem, and is there someone who knows what I can do about it?*-)

RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by Jhrono on 04-04-2005 at 03:06 PM

What do you mean?Was it suposed to?

RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by prtyanml8 on 04-04-2005 at 03:08 PM

it's the personal message you can add to your name in the latest builds of msn 7.0, you can enable an option so the song you're curently playing in windows media player shows up as a personal message, I enabled it but nothing happenes.... I hope you know what I'm talking about

RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by Zephyr on 04-04-2005 at 03:09 PM

In windows media player, go to tools, plugins and make sure that MSN Messenger Music Plugin is checked. If it is, uncheck it and recheck it. Also make sure you have What i'm listening to turned on in MSN Messenger.

RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by Sunshine on 04-04-2005 at 03:12 PM

* Sunshine wonders why people complain about leaked betas...

1. You are not supposed to use the leaked beta (unless you are an official MSN Messenger betatester..than it will be legal, from legal source only though).
2. If the MSN version is new some plugins might not work on that version, they need updating too.
3. How can you expect everything to work with a version of MSN Messenger that isn't even publicly released (again: plugin makers need to use that version aswell in order to update their plugins)?
4. This is not the place to ask for help with things you shouldn't have in the first place.

RE: RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by prtyanml8 on 04-04-2005 at 03:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
In windows media player, go to tools, plugins and make sure that MSN Messenger Music Plugin is checked. If it is, uncheck it and recheck it. Also make sure you have What i'm listening to turned on in MSN Messenger.

thx monster.rat I did just what you sead and it works perfectly, wonder how it got unchecked though... :P but hey that's not important anymore, it works fine now :D
RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by Zephyr on 04-04-2005 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by prtyanml8
wonder how it got unchecked though...

It happens to me sometimes. Its just unchecked when i start windows media player. Dont know why.
RE: RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by prtyanml8 on 04-04-2005 at 03:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
quote:
wonder how it got unchecked though...

It happens to me sometimes. Its just unchecked when i start windows media player. Dont know why.

hmmm strange... well I guess that'll be a mystery that'll be unsolved :) thx again monster.rat
RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by Sunshine on 04-04-2005 at 03:46 PM

quote:
hmmm strange... well I guess that'll be a mystery that'll be unsolved :) thx again monster.rat
Wow, ever heard of the word beta?

Betas may or may not work and can contain bugs...

RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by prtyanml8 on 04-04-2005 at 03:48 PM

thank you for reminding me about that sunshine, but I already knew that... and this wasn't a bug it was just an unchecked option, I'm very pleased of my beta version of msn 7.0...

RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by Exca on 04-05-2005 at 07:07 PM

My problem with that option is that sometimes <Type a personal message> becómes the personal message, so you have to delete it and press 'enter' to let it become in gray again (informative phrase, so no personal message enabled then) MSN should disable this phrase for use as a personal message...

RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by Zephyr on 04-05-2005 at 08:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by exca
My problem with that option is that sometimes <Type a personal message> becómes the personal message, so you have to delete it and press 'enter' to let it become in gray again (informative phrase, so no personal message enabled then) MSN should disable this phrase for use as a personal message...

That should not be happening. What version of MSN are you using and how exactly do you make this happen?
RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by Exca on 04-06-2005 at 08:39 AM

7.0.0604 beta, I don't know how it happens but sometimes it just appears in black, and i have to delete the phrase from the form and press enter to let it become in gray again...

RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by Zephyr on 04-06-2005 at 08:45 AM

quote:
7.0.0604 beta, I don't know how it happens but sometimes it just appears in black, and i have to delete the phrase from the form and press enter to let it become in gray again...

It's never happened to me, but i'm not using that version of MSN. You could try reinstalling but it may just be a bug in that BETA which will be fixed in the final release.
RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by Exca on 04-06-2005 at 08:50 AM

Indeed, bugs everywhere :-), even in the lastest beta... Maybe that's why it takes so long for the final release, or maybe they just released the beta quite early...

RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by Zephyr on 04-06-2005 at 08:55 AM

quote:

Indeed, bugs everywhere , even in the lastest beta... Maybe that's why it takes so long for the final release, or maybe they just released the beta quite early...

The BETA 7.0.0604 hasn't been released for public use. It was released for testing purposes only. These BETAs are leaked and actually illegal if you are not a BETA tester. The latest BETA they have publically released is 7.0.0429.

Btw, Im not complaining about you having this BETA, that's your choice, Im just saying that Microsoft never indended these versions to be publically used, so there are going to be loads of bugs.
RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by Exca on 04-06-2005 at 09:06 AM

Yep, I know, no matter which beta i'm using... it doesn't freak me out if I find out a bug in such releases;)... it doés when the release is a final non-beta:) but anyway I just wanted to mention..

Greetz

RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by f00kie on 04-08-2005 at 03:10 AM

I have the final version and this doesn't seem to be working. I open the mp3 file with Windows Media Player. I have the toption checked in Msn Messenger 7. I also have the plugin checked in WMP 10. But it still won't display it.

Anyone else witness this problem?

RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by f00kie on 04-08-2005 at 03:21 AM

Hmm, just tried the patch by TheBlasphemer and it doesn't work for WinAmp either. Must be my MSN? But why?

RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by f00kie on 04-08-2005 at 11:09 PM

Any help on this?

RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by BlessidThug on 04-09-2005 at 03:34 AM

Exit Media Player and then load it again.

RE: RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by f00kie on 04-09-2005 at 01:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BlessidThug
Exit Media Player and then load it again.

Close the media player and load the song back on? If that's what you mean, I've tried tons of times.

Anything else, anyone experience this?
RE: RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by Fredzz on 04-09-2005 at 01:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by f00kie
Any help on this?

f00kie dont double triple post! Use the Edit feature
RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by Exca on 04-09-2005 at 01:20 PM

There is already another thread running on this, you might consider to use the search-function before posting...

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=42242

good luck(Y)

RE: RE: MSN 7.0 personal message by Moo on 04-09-2005 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by f00kie
I have the final version and this doesn't seem to be working. I open the mp3 file with Windows Media Player. I have the toption checked in Msn Messenger 7. I also have the plugin checked in WMP 10. But it still won't display it.

Anyone else witness this problem?

7.1 ? o.O